Auto Care Super SaverScam operation in conjunction with procollect

Auto care super saver turned over an alleged unpaid debt of $87. 54 to procollect collection agency 16 months after i purchased their auto services card at my front door without any previous notification that there was a problem with the payment. There is no record of bounced check or stop payment on the check per my bank. (I am awaiting written response from the bank of my transactions in june 2008) . I am being harassed by procollect who refuse to give me details of the alleged debt. I have found online numerous complaints by others of the same practice thru auto care super saver in conjunction with procollect.

• Ju
    Juan Zhou Dec 23, 2009

I got similar situation look you, I paid it by credit card. The only credit card I use all the time. I paid $87.54 at that time. Now the Procollect ask it for $155.06.

• Ho
    hootond May 20, 2010

I have exactly the same situation! I paid by credit card and paid $87.54. Now ProCollect wants $147.55. What a SCAM!

• Bi
    Bixdix Nov 30, 2010

I have the exact same situation...Top Gun Promotions is the people that sold the cards for Auto Care Super Saver. Their number is [protected]

• Bi
    Bixdix Nov 30, 2010

If you call Top Gun Promotions, "Home of the Auto Care Super Saver" they will give you 4 options. Option 3 is if you have been getting calls from Pro Collect. Then they will give you an e-mail address to send your complaint to. That is the step in the process I am currently on.

• Cr
    crkelle Dec 13, 2010

I bought one door to door. Read the details, it is not the good deal they suggest it is. You can get the same deals for free at any auto service company through their free coupons. Now I'm trying to get a refund. I followed all of their procedures, which includes sending in the card they sold me. Now I do not have either the money or the card and I can not get a hold of them. This is a door to door scam as far as I am concerned. Now I am trying to go through my credit card company as well.

As far as collections? If they try to collect, first get all of the information from the collection agency. This is what you need, the agents full name, the name and address of the collection agency, the name and address of the creditor, the amount due. Many times they don't want to give information for a reason I will state later. Don't ever do anything over the phone, check credit card or otherwise. Simply state that I will only send a check through the mail, where do I send it? But before I send anything, I need a detailed description of charges owed. Folks, all of this information they are required to provide by federal law, failure to provide it will result in a revocation of their licence to do collections, and don't be afraid to tell them that. If they refuse to give you any information, or when you have all of that information, simply state "I here-by am telling you to cease and decist any and all voice communication with me regarding this, and any related matter. You may communicate with me only by mail."

Now this is why they don't want to volunteer any information. They know that you will never pay if they do. Once they have sent you the information you requested, send a cease and desist letter to the collection agency. Be sure to refer to the "federal fair credit reporting act" in telling them to cease all attempts to communicate with you regarding this and related issues. Further state that any negative reports regarding the matter will result in your reporting them to the state attorney general. In the case of this company, advise that this is an attempt to collect a fraudulent charge.

• As
    ashleyhamilton Mar 16, 2011

THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM... AND THEY WONT LET YOU CANCEL... ITS A JOKE

• Vb
    vbeers Mar 24, 2011

ive never had a problem buying acss cards, ive been using them for years
    and by the way, its cheaper to buy them online, especially if you search for promo codes, this is one i found that works:

Promo code: makvinn1
    website: www.autocaresupersaver.com
    Put the code in during checkout

• Ac
    acostanx Jun 13, 2012

Very similar situations as everyone has mentioned, only thing is this was my fault in providing them with a bad check which I did by accident (check from a closed bank account). However my main complaint was that I NEVER recieved a phone call from collections or ACSS making me aware that the check bounced. Collections contacted me today which I happen to answer since it was a local area code and they stated that yes indeed they had sent the notification to the wrong address!! He was very persistant in still making me pay $147.55 with the 40% added fee's they charged me for "assuming" I was refusing to pay! I never knew of ANY Of this till today! WHAT A SCAN INDEED!

ACSS wasn't trying to hear my complaint either so now that I read these reviews. . .it does make sense both companies are in a scam operation.