ATT / att customer service a madhouse

AT&T is the worst company I have ever dealt with with regards to customer service.

On June 13 or 14, 2019, I requested DirectTV service from them; I just recently moved into this place and initially I just ordered Internet and a land line. A service call was scheduled for a technician to come by to put up the dish on Saturday, June 15. However, he was unable to do the work because of some issue with the ladder, and advised me that his supervisor or 'someone' would call me Monday or Tuesday (6/17 or 6/18) to come by. Seeing that no one had called me, on Wednesday I contacted at&t to inquire. After a long time on the phone, I was informed my order had been cancelled and that I would need to place a new order.

I told the rep I did not want to place a new order because it had taken me a long time the previous week to unfreeze my credit information, which I have on a freeze, for them to check it, that I had unfrozen it for 24 hours when I initially placed the order for the dish to give at&t access and that now it was frozen again, that they had cancelled my order on their own without informing me and that I wanted them to look for it and reactivate it and have a technician return.

This call took 4 hours and 40 minutes, as shown on my phone. I would be shuffled from one person to another, there was a lot of static and background noise and it was hard to understand them. After explaining the whole thing to one person and the person working on it (without results), I would be transferred to another person who would ask me how he could help me, completely ignorant of the fact that I had already spent maybe an hour with someone else explaining the problem. They actually don't know what is going on, it's total madness and the whole system is a mess.

After the 4 hours and 40 minutes, someone informed me I would not need to place a new order and that a technician would come by the next day (6/20) between 8 and 12 to install the dish. In the morning I called again to find out the status and they told me the technician would be by. Close to 2 pm no one had shown up so I called again and after much back and forth I was told the new order had been cancelled, no one being able to provide a reason. They again told me I would need to place a new order and have my credit information checked. I again told them they had already checked my credit the prior week. There were several other calls back and forth and nothing was resolved.

I do not want anything from AT&T. I just don't want to ever deal with them again. My only interest is that this message be published in some customers' review site so that other people know what a disaster of a company it is.

Thank you.