ATT Rewardspromised $100 cash back

D Review updated:

When I ordered ATT wireless internet and cable TV the telephone representative told me I would receive $100.00 cash back. When I got the post card in the mail I was told to go to getmyrewards.att.com to get the cash back. This web sight offers nothing in the way of a reward. I then called ATT at [protected] as instructed on the rewards card. I was put on hold for 30 minutes. The phone message kept saying they were receiving a high volume of calls and kept prompting me to go to ATT.com/rewards center. After the 30 minute wait on the phone it cut me off saying they were unable to take care of my call at that time. When I went to ATT.com/rewards center I got the same dead end web sight as getmyrewards.att.com. Why do they offer this cash back only to be a total deception and waste of time to the customer?

• Sb
    sbarnett Apr 17, 2009

i was informed that i would receive a $250 reward for signing up with ATT u verse and never received anything in the mail. when i called i was informed that i would recieve another card and still nothing. when i called today 4/17/2009 i was informed that it was expired and i was not able to get it.

• Vi
    Vicki Cardwell Oct 06, 2009

I agree 100%, when I signed up for their internet service, they told me I would recieve $100.00 cash back on a visa card, but also recieve $50.00 cash rebate. So I sign up for their service, and low and behold no rebates, no visa card, I was told I have to have the service for at least 1 month and I was to call back after that time.

I do not in no way consider this customer Service. I do know that AT&T are very hard on their customer service reps. It is too bad that they dont consider the customers the same way.
    Wake up AT&T. Let's put back some VALUE in your customers, not only with your employee's but also with your promises! I used to work for AT&T in their Dispatch department. I loved my job, and the company. However, I can no longer say I agree with the promises they are making and not KEEPING> What is up with that? Other than BAD BUSINESS, .!

• Mr
    MrsAmyC21 Feb 10, 2010

I just had the EXACT thing happen to me!!! I was promised a 100.00 reward card and now they are telling me that there is no reward.
    I have no idea what they are trying to do, other than SCAM people into getting their ### ASSED service!! THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!!

• Gi
    giam Mar 31, 2010

I had to call and prompt them to send the promised $100 reward for switching over form cable to them. It has now been 4 months, and still no reward. Told me I should have received it, and sent out another card. 5 weeks later, still have not received the reward I was promised. Was told that I should wait another week or so. I told them to go to hell.

For this, I refuse to pay $100 on my bill and I am on my way out the door from AT&T. This is bait and switch and something needs to be done about this.

chrisagil Apr 09, 2010

Absolutely. I'm taking this to the Attorney General and Small claims court. You cannot lure a customre by an agreement; and then not provide the service/pricing promised.

• Sm
    smason0668 May 30, 2010

I was told i would get $300 dollars in 4-6 weeks and i did! I paid my bill first, maybe thats the reason-duh.

• Be
    Berniem18 Jun 01, 2010

Same thing happend to me. I called to order internet ONLY, I did not want tv through them, but was told by customer service that if I signed up for tv and kept it for 30 days, I would receive a $100 gift card, and could then cancel the tv and keep my internet. After 6 weeks of both services, I called to cancel my tv and ask about the gift card. They told me I needed to keep the TV service until I got the card, and that it says in thier promotional material that it can take up to 8 weeks. I waiting 10 weeks, no gift card. I called back to cancel my tv, and was told that I should wait until the card comes to cancel tv, what a joke. They transferred me to rewards department, who told me I was no longer illigible for the card since I cancelled tv service. I got pretty ticked off and told the person on the other end, that this was not my fault I kept service for over 10 weeks, and that they have not kept thier end of the agreement, I am waiting for another call back. I don't expect the card at this point. What a joke this promotion and company are!

sasha78 Jun 30, 2010

I was promised a $100 visa reward card for ordering U-Verse. I also agreed to pay $150 dollar installation fee. Ordered two locations, my dad lives in the same building as me. When called the reward center number, was told that i need to have the service for 30 days to claim the $100 dollars. Just called today again and was told that a FIFTY dollar reward has been processed for me, but not for my dad's account. They said there are no rewards for ordering U-Verse and that my got processed as a TV installation. Did a "huge" favor for me by processing a $50 COA on my dad's account. After reading all the complaints here, I will be calling again tonight asking for the rest of my promised money! Doubt i will get it, but I will try and ruin some [censor]-managers evening.

attischeater Jul 27, 2010

Hi,
    Exactly the same story as David Dietrich. I chatted with the ATT customer service in Jun 2010 and they promised me, $100 cash credit for the Wireless Gateway when I sign up for a new internet + phone service. It was mentioned that there is no contract and both the phone and internet can be disconnected without any charges. I have screen shots of the talks.

What I got? A visa reward card that the reward center says I cannot use for paying the ATT bill and customer service says I can. While checking for cancellation of service, retention center says there is an early termination fee of $150. Isnt this totally lies and outright mental harassment even though I have proof. In fact customer service is calling the att online chat people "Liars" . What kind of company is this that functions only on lies and betrayal. Does ATT does not have any values of honesty and self respect?

You can see in the following screenshots that the online chat customer service explicitly mentions "CASH CREDIT" instead of a reward card. In the other image it clearly mentions that "THERE IS NO CONTRACT" and "CANCEL THE SERVICE AT ANYTIME WITHOUT A CHARGE". What more proof does ATT requires?

Please feel free to pass on this images for any charge that any body wants to bring against ATT for this scam and for causing mental harassment by contracting its own statement on every call and online customer service.

attischeater Jul 27, 2010

Seems like the images are not displayed. I have uploaded them here:-

mariamedina Mar 28, 2011

I have read several complaint's about at&t rewards service and everyone is right on the money customer service says one thing and rewards say another. I was told one thing when i sighned up for hoe phoneand internet serviceand for a question i called back and then found out what i sighned up for was actually going to cost me more when i tried to diconect (the very next day) after already paying $100 deposit they said had to send check as well as because they turned on the srevice they had to take out $40 for connect fee and prorate charges for the one day of use so i stupididly decided to stay with another good offer they gave me and now i'm waiting on my card to after 8 weeks of service i found out that i had to call the rewards center instead of my getting a credit. ANYWAYS im in tne process of filling a complaint the the BBB and further more AA&T has a lawsuit against them for taxeson cell phones maybe that should tell us something!!!

• Qu
    Quitall Lester May 11, 2011

I was promised a reward of 50 dollars for internet and I never got the rebate back. It has been almost two years. I am Quitall Lester.

• Ni
    Nicholas Dye Jun 13, 2011

ATT will send you a rewards card if you call them many times and tell them what crooks they are. I also let them know this whenever they call offering a new 'deal'. They have employees sitting in rooms all day just figuring out the best way to screw people. I only deal with them because there's no other providers of home service in my area.I belive the courts should make them take American out of thier name.

jasonmccaa1 Jun 07, 2012

same ### i was promised a 100 rewards card but there is no card and the we post are comments here what the kind of ### is this

Joseph A. Vargas Jul 25, 2012

I gots this cheezy card in the mail that said "thanks for using our service for two years, just use this account number printed below, I did, and nada, nothing, zilch, squat, goose egg, fart noise, NOTHING! tHANK YOU att, FER NOTHING!

mablejohnson Apr 06, 2013

mable johnson i never recive my 100.00 rebate grift card for internt and home phone you told me that i would recieve that card i have not recieve that i stay 902 lockemcy hwy p.o. box 1838 dillon s.c. 29536 iam still waiting my sister recieve hers please send dont say you are going to do something and dont do pleose want trust you that a good way to go out of work

• Ri
    Richard California2 Oct 28, 2014

I DID received the ATT VISA REWARD CARD but it is HELL to try to use! I tried to use it for the $100 amount it says is loaded and it was DENIED which then disallowed use for 2 days! Apparently you can not use it for all $100.. its a scam that ATT perpetuates and I cancelled ATT for this reason. I dislike Charter but they dont lie like ATT DID! I cant use the card it just keeps being denied!

• Sm
    smrsterling Jun 10, 2015

It's true. I was supposed to receive $100 reward card for switching from cable to U-verse. I was told it would take a couple months, and nothing popped up on the Rewards website after that time. I called in multiple times, and they told me no such special was going on, when I SPECIFICALLY confirmed it with the CSR before signing up. I even had his name when I called back and what he promised. I asked to speak with a manager and was told they would call me back. They never did. This is all a lie. What a shameful way to do business from a supposedly reputable company.

• Be
    Beverly Lacueva Jul 23, 2015

I signed up for Att uverse and internet. Even though the flier that prompted me to call stated a $400 reward, the reward amount was only $100. I received no mailing that they said they mailed. Then of course after not receiving a reward card, I called and they said it had expired and even worse they said it was only $50. In addition, a friend had referred me and we both tried registering on the refer a friend page and it stated no referral in the system. So another $100.00 loss ($50 each). In addition, the flier also stated no contract but when I tried to cancel the service because of all of these misrepresentations, now they are saying that I am on a 12 month contract. How does a large company like this get away with these scams? Beverly Lacueva, Ballwin Mo

• Do
    Doris Bernard Jul 24, 2015

I tried to sign up the first time and it was such a horrific experience I finally told them I'd send all there equipmt back and consider us even after they made my low blood pressure high. It reverted back but that's how bad it got. Then a rep came knocking and told me everything was changed, I'd get a $150 Visa card, and since I knew I was moving he said they had service there and gave me a free move. I kept waiting for the Visa card and finally called. They said be patient and it would be there. So, I didn't get it and called again. Same thing. Finally, time to move came and I called to move the service. Sorry, they don't have service where I am moving. So, that was another of many lies. I went ahead and moved then called about the card again after I got my final bill. The rewards center told me it was too late. AT&T were the ones that told me to wait. I guess I fell for the oldest stall tactic in the book. So, I told them I'd pay the difference became the reward card and my bill. They told me to send a letter to the Resolution Center and gave me the address which I did explaining everything that happened. I called them twice and they said the center would reach me when they decided what to do. That was a year ago and and I received no bill or anything until this week I got a notice from a collection agaency saying they would put it on my credit report. I say go ahead. My mother retired from AT&T after 20years or service to them and only missing 3 days of work. I am so ashamed of their lies and scams. My Mom would be disgusted and I'm glad she didn't live to see this. She had a very good, long life and I am glad she didn't see any of this. Anyone out there thought about talking to a lawyer to see if they'd take a class action suit on contingency? I just bet there are literally 10's of thousands of people unhappy with AT&Ts dealings. I see there's a Ballwin, MO. here. I am in MO. too. I am ill so I can't put a whole lot of time into it but maybe with a few people we could get some justice for everyone. I'd just like to see them stop. It's just like what Ma Bell did back in the 70's when they thought they were so big they could do what they wanted. And here is Bell's offspring doing the same thing making deals with all the other cable companies to each have there own district in the rural areas so the consumer has only one choice for cable. It's called a monopoly and is illegal but as far as I know they all have not been challenged on it. If only the rewards cards was the only problem AT&T has. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Go to www.attscrewedme.com after Aug 15

• Su
    SusanLeM Oct 22, 2015

I was told when I signed up that I would receive a $100 gift card, which covered the cost of installation. I never received anything in the mail, so when I called, I was told I was too late to claim the $100. What a scam! I reported them to the FTC. The social media specialist recommended that I go through the ATT Reward Center to resolve the issue, but he obviously didn't read my post before telling me this, since it was the reward center rep who told me I was out of luck. I look forward to cancelling my service at the end of the service year, before the fee increases by 400%.

• Aa
    Aaron Triggs Jan 01, 2016

I Aaron Triggs see U got to go thru hell and high water to get the reward Ur promised . I was told I was gonna receive my 100 dollar gift card and I am wondering what will it take to receive it.

• Aa
    Aaron Triggs Jan 01, 2016

I am not happy when someone lies to me.

• Me
    Mel1006 Mar 04, 2016

Just found out I got screwed from AT&T. Same story, when I signed up I was told I would get a $100 gift card after 90 days of service to cover the cost of installation. It's been just under 90 days so out of curiosity I checked to see what I needed to do to get the reward. Imagine my shock when it said my reward card has expired. I spoke with a rep from the reward center and was told that there is nothing they could do. This is FRAUD and DECEPTION. They are allowed to lie, cheat and steal from people. I would be extremely interested in participating in a class action lawsuit.

• Br
    brand67 Apr 25, 2016

You have to pay on time and in full the first 30 day bill that says you kept your bargain to upheld your contract. By paying first 30 day bill once done it say confirmed then they will mail reward code once you get it takes abojt 10 days you entrr code online and then it say waiting to be approved then they mail just got my first 100 was told would get 200 100 for internet and 100 for phone there is a strange message the right at 30 Iday activation saying mailed reward then day later says disqualified i hope they didnt screw me out of my 100

• Br
    brand67 Apr 25, 2016

Ok just got off phone with customer rep they had the other 100 dollar reward card for bundle i didnt get bundle i got phone and internet so she put 100 in for phone and be mailed tomorrow takes little while get here but i already got the visa reward card today with bal of 100$ Just make sure you pay first 30 day bi) on time and in full or disqualify

ATThater Jun 26, 2017

@brand67 I have been a DirectTV subscriber since 1996. Had high speed DSL service through ATT for that time. In January, 2017, I decided to upgrade to high speed DSL. Spoke to ATT sales and they said I could get Uvers internet (highspeed DSL) and also receive a $100 visa prepaid card. Install man came and hooked everything up. (By the way, he hooked up my DVD player wrong, had to fix that). ATT sales did not mention this would be a post card, but kept looking for my card or anything from ATT that didn't look llike a bill in my mailbox. Nothing. In late March, I called ATT and they said you should've gotten a postcard. I told her 'why doesn't ATT use my new account # to track my reward - it asks for it on the rewards center" (learned that the rewards center existed on my own). Why would then prompt you for the acct # if it ignores it. She said it should come in the mail Called in April and it seemed like I went around the globe on that call to find the right person to talk to. Seems like ATT does not cross train their people of where to route Reward Center inquiries too. I spoke to Rebecca - she told me that she would take care of this error. She would have sales re-issue the reward, I would get a postcard with the reward #, and also send me an email confirming our discussion. Well, nothing was done at all. No email, no postcard. I have probably called 3-4 times since then. The last time, I spent 40 mins. going around with people. The last person kept apologizing but didn't offer any help otherthan saying the rebate expired. This is definitely a scam. No postcards, no email and no support to offer a remedy. I want to take $100 off my bill, but I will just go with another carrier. So long ATT.

• Fr
    FrugalMe Jan 14, 2018

Spoiler alert: Good ending to my story! My husband was promised a $50 Visa gift card for signing up for internet with AT&T. When we realized we were never sent a gift card, I realized they had expected us to register using a code sent to us in the mail (which we tossed, unknowingly.) I did an online search, and saw all the angry customers who had experienced bait and switch. This was discouraging. However, I called AT&T in anyway, and got through pretty fast (under five minutes) to a live person. She started to say things like, "if you ordered online, there's nothing I can do about it, since we offer extra incentives if you don't work with a live person." This made me very angry, since what if something goes wrong with the online process? However, I guess hubby HAD called in (phew), and she was able to transfer me to someone in Rewards, who promised to send something out again. We got the actual Visa gift card in the mail this time, about two weeks later. Hurrah! Just wanted to encourage others who might be discouraged by all the online angry people who were denied their reward. I think most people, once they get their missing Visa card, fail to post about it. (My sympathies, however, to those who just got the "run around"!)