AscentiveInstalled Trojan Horse and adware

Their progams which are advertised on TV are a rip off. You scan your computer under the "FREE" part, and then when you click correct or fix, you have to BUY their programs. I bought them. Then my computer started to slow down. Called my IT guy. he told me to run MALWARE available at C-NET. MALWARE came up with 14 issues, all from acsentive. Their programs installed Trojan Horses, change the registry, did stuff with High Key whatever that is. Insterted Adware. Now my computer is screwed up. I wish I could sue the company. My Kabrinsky anti virus program is constantly quaranteeing Trijan Horses from Ascentive and blocking a key logger.

Installed Trojan Horse and adware

• Fr
    Fred Paez Oct 28, 2008

I purchased a software from Ascentive to make my PC work faster...not so. It conflicts with my other software. Everytime it scan my PC I have to re-install software from Dell. My system is running MUCH, MUCH SLOWER than before. Cant get in touch with them..."address unknown" on website. Paid almost $50 for software...download payment and back up disk. I am willing to return disk as long as I get my full payment back. Thank you for your help. Fred Paez

• Se
    sexi.lexi5 Dec 28, 2008

I can't believe ascentive! They rip us all off. You must buy their product before you can delete the "junk" you have on your computer. Ascentive must come off the world market. It is just crap. what da*n [censored]

• Ku
    Kumarie Jan 27, 2009

I have been trying to get them to cancel my acct and it seems like the impossible. Finally I was able to but I have never received a refund.

I will report them to the BBB.

This is BullS*it.

Kumarie

• Ha
    Harold Scheid Feb 13, 2009

I purchased in December and after two days realized that it was more of a problem than help, and removed the program from my c drive. All I got was more sales requests to by still more packages. After paying $70+ for two packages it would have been like throwing good money after bad. Any ideas "out there" as to how I might recoup at least some of my money?

Sassy707 Feb 26, 2009

I've been trying to get my $47.95 back for a week! I told them I want my money back or I am contacting the Attorney General! They seemed to be assisting me at first, but aren't! They say they can't find my order. Now I would like to know if anyone would like to stand with me to go after them! Anyone game? I am going to let everyone I know, about Ascentives bogus ways! Are you with me? We probably won't get our money back, but maybe we can stop them from doing this to others!!!

Jackie Mar 16, 2009

OMG!! I thought it was just me..Imean this product was advertised on the media(television) for heavens sake.

I thought it was just one program to download and to date I've downloaded all 4 of their products and it appears to be no change at all in my PC performance.

Finally Fast ...MY ###! Oh Ihave at least 90 something dollars that I've lost because it's been over the 30 days. This is terrible. There should be some class action suit. I hope others come here to post and share so that something can be done. This is BS

nomolodun Apr 21, 2009

I bought about 4 antiviru software from Ascentive and ran them several times until other nationally well-known antivirus software highlighted all the ascentive products as "rogue software, dangerous; delete." I kept them on my computer for a long time and wrote Ascentive to defend its products but till today not a word from any of their officials. After a few days I deleted all their products and I will never ever buy any product from the company. Microsoft should be aware of backing a dangerous comapny like ascentive.

Nomolodun

nomolodun Apr 21, 2009

Yes!! Class Action

I am with you all the way.

NOmolodun

• El
    Ellen Apr 25, 2009

Definitely!

Let's do it NOW!
    How do we go forward?

I am also a victim of what appears to be unethical practice to "steal" money for canceled program and am copying Attorney General, Better business Bureau etc. with correspondence and documentation.

E.D.

• Cr
    crimsontide23 Jun 01, 2009

i agree with all of you but does anyone know how to get rid of the crap off my computer

skater_voi Jun 16, 2009

To crimsontide23: Check if any of these programs are in the add-remove programs list in the control panel:

ActiveSpeed
    PC SpeedScan Pro
    PC ScanAndSweep
    Performance Center
    Spyware Striker
    RAMrocket
    WinRocket

If they are, just select it and uninstall (remove).

cho Jun 16, 2009

ascentive doesn't sell any antivirus software lmao! get your facts straightened out dude

cho Jun 16, 2009

their program is called FREE "SCAN" for a reason. and there's no such thing as a Kabrinsky AV. I don't want to sound rude but if you cannot even spell your AV program properly, I wouldn't be surprised that you didn't understood what a free SCAN will enable you to do.

skater_voi Jun 16, 2009

soemtimes people do not know what they are talking about lol... i agree wit cho, i just checked out their site and they are offerign maintenance type of software, and no antivirus...

• Ro
    Roscojim Jul 13, 2009

Why are people buying this stuff??? Don't forget P.T. "There's a sucker born every minute" Barnum. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

• Wi
    WicY09 Nov 23, 2009

Program seemed to help get rid of unwanted errors an corrupted files at first. Then at start-up it would slow the computer so bad it took 35 minutes to load everything up to start. I set the configuration to not run at start-up but it continued to do so like it had a mind of it's own. So, I just had to finally remove the programs. I am waiting to see if it really did remove or not; it seems like it's just the program that won't go away. What a waist of a hard earned $59.99. Well, I guess it's just a expensive lesson learned for not checking the company out better. It's a rip-off in my opinion. Buyer Beware!

• El
    ELITE1234 Nov 25, 2009

this entire company is a scam, stay far away from all of their products.

• Ro
    ron z Dec 12, 2009

This place thinks they are getting one over on a lot of consumers. Fake emails, no support, bad service and giving you the run around. Call the director of ascentive at [protected] press 9 then press 82. The supposable desk of Chip Taylor. It might help. Maybe the poster up top can get this software out of his pc by going into regedit and looking for it and perm. delete it. This will work, but be aware on what you do. You can easily delete the wrong files and mess up a good thing. Get good advice from a expert if you are not sure. I feel that ascentive is just a phishing scam.

skyhawk1 Dec 15, 2009

Here is the page with a link to the complaint form for the Attorney General of Pennsylvania.

I wouldn't bother with the BBB, because:
    1. The BBB is not a regulatory authority and has no power except as a rating agency.
    2. Ascentive already has an F rating with the BBB.

• Ki
    Kimony May 25, 2010

After down loading the software my computer ran slower. I was suckered in like many others and would like to have my money back as soon as possible. You can mail my check to 9531 Legend Isle Dr., San Antonio, Texas 78254.

It's nothing but a ripoff scam. I've learn my lesson about purchasing TV and Computer ads for minimum cost. I do not recommend this product for anyone. You had better check thing out before purchase, it could save you some headaches later on.

I do not like writing these type of reports but, this product does not live up to the advertisement.

• Mc
    mcscrating Jul 06, 2010

You scam people

• Lo
    Louis Aug 01, 2010

Looking at the number of complaints I would say this company has been ripping people off since they began.I wish I had seen the sight before I bought it.Not only buyer beware but buyer RUN AWAY!!!

I bought this junk software a year ago and it did not work at all!! So I figured I had learned a lesson and would not deal with these RIPOFF people again!! WRONG!! One year later they had the nerve to charge me again for a product that did not work in the first place.

Needless to say I am very upset, if I had not caught this DISHONEST move on my card statement Asscentive would have rip me for another $30.00 .They are refunding the money but Iam PISSED !!! STAY AWAY FROM ASSCENTIVE!!!