Arizona Public Service Company [APS]saver choice plans

O Nov 10, 2018

I have been on the Lite Choice Plan for the last seven months and I have been monitoring my kWh usage. The Lite Choice Plan has served me very well. Now APS is telling me that I do not qualify to be on the Lite Choice Plan any longer because I went above the 599 kWh usage for four months in the Summer. The Summer months are HOT and we use the Air Conditioner to be comfortable. The Supervisor in the Customer Service Department told that it is "Not an Option" to remain on the Lite Choice Plan and I'm being reassigned to the Premier Choice Plan. The Premier Choice will cost me approximately $130/year more. This reassignment is without my consent and I feel I am being penalized for the four months in the Summer when my kWh usage goes over the 599 kWh limit. I have reviewed the several "Saver Choice Plans" and find them confusing to understand. The Residential Plan Comparison Chart is also difficult to understand. There are so many different additional charges for "Basic Service Charge", "Off Peak Pricing", "Super Off-Peak Winter Pricing, "On-Peak Summer Pricing, "On-Peak Winter Pricing, "On-Peak Summer/Winter Peak Usage Demand Charge per kW". I tried the Saver Choice Plus for the first three months of 2018 and my bills increased by $30.37; $56.65 and $62.94. There were way too many extra fees and charges on those bills. The Saver Choice Plus plan did not work for me. I am not happy with being forced to go on the Premier Choice Plan.
And why would the "On-Peak Summer Pricing" cost more than the "On-Peak Winter Pricing? This is Arizona and the Summers are HOT and your customers run the Air Conditioner to be comfortable. Same with the "On-Peak Summer Peak Usage Demand Charge". That is higher than the "Winter Demand Charge". These should be the other way around.
There is a lot of poverty in AZ and APS needs to review these Saver Choice Plans to help the residents of AZ.
I want the last twelve months of my usage reviewed for all six plans and a chart sent to me to show how much my charges for electricity services would be by each month under each plan. I'm concerned about the outrageous Summer Charges under these plans.