Arizona Public Service [APS] Logo

Arizona Public Service [APS]

Having problems with Arizona Public Service [APS]?

Arizona Public Service [APS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 602 371 3614 (Personal)
+1 602 371 3695 (Business)
+1 800 240 2014 (Personal, Outside Metro-Phoenix)
+1 866 225 1895 (Business, Outside Metro-Phoenix)
+1 855 688 2437 (Residential Outages)
+1 602 371 6767 (Business Outages, Phoenix Area)
+1 800 253 9407 (Business Outages, Other Areas)
400 N. 5th Street
Phoenix, Arizona

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Arizona Public Service [APS] Customer Service. Initial Arizona Public Service [APS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Arizona Public Service [APS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Arizona Public Service [APS]. Discuss the issues you have had with Arizona Public Service [APS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

APS (Arizona Public Service) — electric service

I live in North Phoenix with my wife and four kids. We started to have some financial difficulties due to...

APS (Arizona Public Service)solar connection

In January 2017 we contracted for the installation of solar panels and the connection of the new system to Arizona Public Service. The installation was completed in April 2017 at which time we paid the balance of the $25, 000 installation costs as required by the contract. We are currently making payments on the loan for the system as well as making full payment for electric services from APS. To date, the system is still not on line with APS due to continued changing of requirements by APS.
The entire project has been problematic, but we will not detail that history here. We will state that we have been responsive and accommodating in resolving several issues which have arisen, none of which were of our making. The issue now is that, APS is demanding that our electric meter be moved to the front of the house or that a gate be removed exposing the entire side of our house to the street. We have already moved the gate once to accommodate an APS demand. At that time, the moving of the meter was not raised by APS. The meter has been behind the unlocked gate for the 16 years we have lived in this house. Inspection of the neighborhood shows no other utility meters visible from the street. We understand that the utility has the final say as to connecting the system. However, their changing requirements have reached the point of seeming punitive and obstructionist.

APS (Arizona Public Service) — turning on service

I just bought a house in Surprise, AZ. I called APS to have the power for the house switched to my name...

APS (Arizona Public Service)revised online bill payment

Any company that was remotely user friendly would make a seemless transition to a new system. Instead APS essentially requires you to go through a process similar to opening a new account, despite nothing about the account has changed. This sort of stupidity seems to go with them being the only service provider in my area.
    I opened my account over 7 years ago and am now required to remember what ID I used for "security" purposes. Perhaps someone will hack in and pay my bill? I likely used an old passport which I cannot locate and can't remember the number. Totally ridiculous when nothing has changed ( except my ability to pay the bill in a simple manner)

Arizona Public Service — electric

I sit here worried about how to pay my bills and read about Complaint Details. As if it would help to provide...

APS (Arizona Public Service)unethical behavior

I started service with APS at my current address on 11/15/16 which I was required to make a deposit of $200 for. Then on approx. 11/28/16, I received a notice that said I had a previous balance at another address that they had rolled onto my current account and they were threating to disconnect service. I made arrangements to pay $300 on 12/22/16 I made a payment of $50 on 11/30 and $250 on 12/15 - well before the schedule dare of 12/22. Then APS rolled apparently a bal from another address of 96.80 that they did not communicate to me. I got a door knocker tag for disconnection notice approx. 12/26. I called on 12/28/16 and spoke to a rep that said it was an error and he gave me a credit for the tag charge and said I was good with the payment I had scheduled for 94.03 to come out on 12/30. Then on 12/29, they disconnected my service!! I called and the rep was adamant that they would not restore the power even though I was not delinquent on the current prop and had a payment scheduled for the next day (payday). She would not listen to what I was explaining to her and was rude and curt and the end of my conversation with her. So, I asked for a manager and that still took time to resolve. In the end, my power was restored but seriously - I had to go through all this. APS is not very organized, professional or courteous. Not to mention, they cost almost double what SRP charges - at least compared to my bills.

APSutilities

I have lived in my home for 7yrs. I was making monthly online(auto) payments for the first 5 years until I had an issue with my password and it was disabled. Every time they directed me to tech support they'd give me a temporary Password that never worked. Over months of it not working I gave up fooling with online payments and started making automated payments over the phone. I was late twice(2 weeks) making payments this year so they shut off my power. My equalizer payments are $347 monthly so they doubled it and said I needed to pay $694 to have it turned back on. That was just a deposit, not towards my bill. They were gracious (sarcasm) enough to let me pay half now and the other half 2 weeks from now. I thought that was the end of it until the following day I received an email stating I owed $686. I inquired about this new mystery charge as my account had been current even 3 days before shut off. I was told my balance(even though it was paid) was $686 without the equalizer adjustment and I had 2 weeks to pay it. I explained that if that were the case, then they needed to deduct my monthly bill of$347 that was already paid for the month. She told me it doesn't work that way. So in a nutshell they are robbing me of a bill I already paid, then tacking on $339 all because they can. How do you turn someone's power off, turn the equalizer plan off THAT month, not factor in the equalizer payment already paid, and charge the full $686? That's illegal. I told her I can't pay that amount in two weeks as I still have to pay the rest of my "deposit ". Again, she was gracious(sarcasm) enough to roll the $686 into my monthly bills equalizer bill. She told me that once your power is shut off, you no longer have the ability to go back to the equaluzer, but he sternly told me she would put me back on it "this one time". It's a shame that they can't waive or make accommodations for people who have been paying them for YEARS on time. To make matters worse, they do everything online so you can't talk to anyone in person. I am also making a formal complaint at azcc . Gov. APS needs to be held accountable as I've seen hundreds of complaints regarding them.

APS (Arizona Public Service) — asking for a large deposit after account has been in service for over 10 yrs

I recently received a request from APS, to make a deposit of $465.00 in order to continue my service with...

APS — won't accept credit card payment - threatening to turn off power

I'm taking care of my mother from out of state. My mother is now on home hospice. I tried to setup a auto-pay...

APS — billing after shut off

I was moving out of my apartment so I called and scheduled my account to be closed. My average bill in the...

APS — rates

aps electric rates are outrageous. how can i say this, well 1/3 of my bill yes 33% or more is strictly fee...

APSpunished because parents died

aps shut off my power because i went to switch it into my name parents have passed away aps wont turn us on untill we pay parents past due balance of 1, 360.00 its that high because the equilaer program was taken off i ended up in the ER because the heat in my house got me sick my wifes meds were melted my insulan is bad and they shut us odd on the 20th then 2 days after that we get a notice saying it will be disconnected on the 24th with the heat here in arizona i feel like i will die soon.

APSovercharge

I moved into a 450 sq foot, 2 room apartment on July11. I received a bill from APS 12 days later for $232.96. My landlord has had the air conditioner serviced and had an electrician out to check the entire apartment. They found nothing wrong. Meanwhile my meter continues to register huge energy consumption. APS refuses to consider that their "Smart Meter" may not be as smart as they think (or maybe it is -- it's working for them). At this rate my electric bill will be higher than my rent!

APSdouble billing

I moved into my New home Oct 18 2011, because I had an additional residence withe APS power, turning on Electricity to my new home was quick and had no issues, however by December I had not received my first bill. So I called and they stated "because they were combining my 2 properties, they had to wait till the meter readings coincided so I got my first bill for the two properties January 5th with a Meter reading date of October 18 thru December 5th. My Second property is empty and my monthly bill for the property is $36, so not the concern of my complaint, however, each month thereafter I received a bill on or around the 5th due on the 18th and always paid on time. This is the 7the month and therefore I have received 7 bills this year. My first 5 bills ranged in price from $168-$220 (My home is 3800 Sq Ft and 5 yrs old) - Then my June Bill was $440, I expected as much as I keep this large house Cold, however I knew it would only get worse and could not afford a bigger bill, so I increased my 2 AC's to 78 Degrees each hoping July's bill would be offset by the change and not be too much more. July 6th I received my bill for $788 and about fell over, I immediately turned the AC's to the 80's however I have no problem paying it, I simply intended to buy floor fans and hope to keep it from going any higher. This morning, July 7the I received a "Revised Bill" and the 8th bill in 7 month's, saying I owed $1, 688.43 ($788 of it being the balance of the bill from the day before), I immediately called APS, after an hour and upgrading my call from a regular person to a supervisor I was told "We messed up and were billing you 2 months behind and we simply needed to bring your account up to date, the amount due is accurate, we will give you 45 days to pay it" Now in 45 days my next bill of assumed around $800'ish means I have 45 days to pay $2400, who in this economy has that just lying around for a utility bill. I expressed to them, that if I am late paying my bill I receive a fine but if they are late billing me I simply get screwed, essentially they said yep this is what you used, this is what you owe regardless of when you are told to pay it. I do not dispute Electricity usage, although it is more than I can afford, I went from 1400 sq ft to 3800 sq ft so this has been a learning experience as to what this house costs and I expected that, I simply do not feel it is right for me to have to suffer a financial hardship due to there error. If I make an error and don't pay I am not forgiven, I believe in their error they should be responsible for it and I don't know what avenues I have to make them do their job right.

Monopoly Control Jan 26, 2013

A deposit is nothing more than a loan and should be considered a loan

Monopoly Control Jan 26, 2013

Make sure you collect 21 percent interest on your deposit compounded daily monthly and yearly. If the pay late or don't pay take them to collections

Monopoly Control Jan 26, 2013

APS is a monopoly sue them

• Wi
                  Widow and Rescued Westies Sep 01, 2017

@Monopoly Control YES sue them and count me in! My very small home is about 450 sq ft but am cooling only two rooms{everything closed-up, vents sealed shut}, approx at most being generous with thermostat set always between 75-82. For first 5 years of living here I have paid over $30, 000 just to APS!!!, When called to complain again again and again. I told them someone is stealing my electric OR APS meters corrupted!!(APS came out to change, replace, bad meters at least {three} 3 times that I know of. Now the readings used to be for anywhere from 20-22, once in a-while it would be 28 days reading. When called they told me call Phoenix Police to have them look for outside wires! I called PHX police as instructed by APS, PHX Police laughed at me and refused to look. PHX Police said"we are not electricians-call APS and tell them to address this issue! Well again I call APS to tell PHX police response- a friend was with me while I had APS on speaker, he stated we were going to have entire property blue-staked because all surrounding properties have basements, squatter guy named Joe Cisneros(not sure last name spelling) had-has undergound tap lines to next door basement was stealing my APS electric, believed lineS cut because bill dropped for about 6 months from $350-$499($501 highest) to each month $50-$100!! Now this last two mon ths had drastic increase again ranging over $330-$514 for ONLY 14 day meter read dates, so I get two(2) bill in less than 30 days. Son called APS and customer service lied to my son saying "read days were 30-32 and bills are correct!!! This is all lies--I have bills in hand and EACH bill is for a 14 day read!! Now my 30-31 day bill for the 300 sq ft is approx $750-$800++ and the AC unit is turned completely off!! I am using two small window unit acs(one for each room) and they are only 5 thousand BTUs total amps pulling under 4amps each max. PLEASE someone help me, I am a disabled widow with not only my husband passed-away but also 5 children and now my last known relative-my uncle now passed-away. This meter is going so fast something is definately wrong since last 2-6 months, billing has increased for only 14 day meter read dates beside the taxes and fees being more than actual electric usuage, the increase is impossible to pull out of here even if every appliance is turned on(which it is NOT I even have microwave unplugged to save energy because it has a clock!

• L8
                  L82 Sep 07, 2012

This is the same thing that just happened to me. I just got off the phone with APS and they said that they would give be extra time to pay it. However I told them I will be late every month because I work paycheck to paycheck and I don't plan for having to Aps bills in one month. How is it our fault that they messed up billing and then on top of that they just sent 2 bills at once and did not even write a letter of explanation. I am very unhappy with APS right now. I am a teacher and can't afford to pay 2 bills within 1 billing period and I wasn't even late on a bill. They said they wanted to have both houses with the same billing cycle that is not my fault . They should have done that to begin with.

• Gz
                  G_Zilla Jul 23, 2012

For right now, close off unused/seldom used rooms (close vents and doors, if a gap is under the door, tack a flap on so the gap is minimized) so you only cool the areas you need cooled. Also shade windows that face west, east, or south and weather proof so cool air is not leaking out. Later you can Install solar panels, or get a generator and avoid using APS altogether.

APSdog assault

On 2 different days I had APS enter my yard grab my own shovel and swing it at my dogs. I came home in time to talk to the first one (roommate told me) he got smart with me and I got smart right back. I told him if it was horse property Id shoot him ( see horse thief law). The second time they forced my dogs in the house with the same shovel and blocked the doggy door. I came home to dogs locked in house with no power. Just mix dog messes with heat not good. I have never been told sorry or anything and when I asked to talk to a higher up one wasn't around and never called back. They also over charge me and say I'm lying or was miss led ( customer is always right ?) . On all APS paperwork they show me it says threatening to shoot employee's and they bring APS security with them ( big joke ). Fast to shut it off and take my money slow to turn it on or fix problems. APS changes its rules every day and gets away with what they want. Last time I made them get the police before they stepped on my yard witch police are no help and followed codes that the APS security agent handed her on a card hm mm fake. APS (A$$ PACKING SERVICE

APS — incident on september 13, 2011

From: Juan Ortega-Rubio and family 560 N. Somerton Ave, Space #69 Somerton, Arizona 85350 Phone: (928...

Arizona Public Serviceelectric service

First, I do not understand why it is allowed that people only have the option of 1 power company. Why is that legal? You either have APS or SRP, you do not get a choice. APS is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I owed a small past due, under $100. I paid online, something happened and they did not get my payment, due to THEIR website. They turned off my power in the middle of an Arizona summer. I called and explained that I made my payment but, they don't care. To turn power back on, I had to pay about $800. My current bill, a deposit and if i wanted my power that day, a $75 connection feel. Otherwise they would get to it sometime the next day. This was only after being on hold with them for a total of 6 hours. The first time was 3 hours. ONce you finally talk to someone to find out what you have to do, they will not take payments over the phone, they make you call a seperate automated #, then, call them back with the confirmation numbers. You then, have to be on hold again, 2nd time was 2 hours. Then, they tell you to make your $75 payment and call them back AGAIN with that confirmation number. That time it was an hour. They then, didn't show up to turn on the power until 9pm. Even though, this was their fault, they would not work with me on payments, nothing. They don't care. It's not like you can go anywhere else and get power, you have to use them and only them. Where are you going to go? and they can't work with you? They don't care that it's 115 degrees in the middle of summer, you have kids, elderly parents living in the home, animals, nothing. They don't care, they want their money and until you pay them, they hold you hostage. How is that legal? How is any part of how they do business, legal??? Why are there no lawsuits against these people?
                  All other utility companies in Arizona, at least in my experience will work with people, APS will not, under any circumstances. Doesn't matter what your situation is or even is something is THEIR fault. Someone really needs to look into the business practices of this company and hold them accountable.

• Ji
                      jimbo 229 May 29, 2014

hi, im looking at my credit report and it shows a delinquent 188.00 for which i know nothing about. it has your company name and the name public service on it from okla . can u help me figure out what this is about ?

APSextensive fees

I had been out of a job for about four months. The bills still kept coming in and stacking. My electricity during the summer is outrageous. Had called APS multiple times to let them know of the situation and set up payments. All worked well until they decided to add a deposit on top of all of the other charges and NOT notify me of it. My electricity got shut off in a 112 degree weather - not that they cared. Since I have a child and a dog, I had no choice but to pay the full amount of the deposit ($300 plus $80 service fee). Keep in mind I had just made a $400 payment four days before. In addition, in order to get it turned back on you have to pay $80 for the service fee of someone coming out. So I did it and the guy came back out to turn it on. After talking to him, I found out that there are programs set up around town of businesses and non-profit organizations who will help you with electricity costs. Only if I would have known that four months ago. Only if one of the operators had told me that when I was crying on the phone asking them to work out a payment plan with me.
                    Nonetheless, the company is the worst utility one ever. Instead of trying to work with people and help them out, they charge as many fees as they could possibly think of. In addition, I got charged double for the service fee to turn the electricity back on and two charges of $25 each for door notifications, which I never received on my door. Unbelievable!!! I can't believe they operate their business in such matter. Instead of helping people, they are making it so much worse. But who cares in the end, that's more money in their profit account.
                    Be aware! Search for help in your community if you get behind and please do not give them the opportunity to gain more money!

• 52
                        528MYA Nov 06, 2011

I THINK THAT APS NEEDS TO BE PETITIONED OR BOYCOTTED FOR THEIR UNFRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE ACTIONS AND BUSINESS CONDUCT.!!

APS — shut off threat

I have searched all night for ASP legal rights, code of ethics etc.. However, I cam across this site and seen...

APSforced to pay for electric after shutoff

I went online to contact APS to turn off power (after trying on the phone without success) because I was moving from an RV lot I was renting so I went online and saw they have a start/stop service tab on their site, so I used it ... anyway they never shut it off ... I moved and gave no forwarding address to APS, over a month later they find me to bill me $39.51 for service calls to an empty RV lot, they charged 3 trips to read the meter and $5.26 in electric usage!!! ON AN EMPTY LOT ... WTF