Arizona Medical Board Logo

Arizona Medical Board

Having problems with Arizona Medical Board?

Arizona Medical Board reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 23, 2010. The latest review Urine test procedures was posted on Nov 15, 2021. The latest complaint unethical behavior was resolved on Sep 06, 2021. Arizona Medical Board has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 65 reviews. Arizona Medical Board has resolved 13 complaints.

Arizona Medical Board Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Arizona Medical Board Customer Service. Initial Arizona Medical Board complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Arizona Medical Board above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Arizona Medical Board. Discuss the issues you have had with Arizona Medical Board and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Arizona Medical Board Complaints & Reviews

Arizona Medical BoardUrine test procedures

On 11/13/21 I visited the Momdoc office located at 21300 N. John Wayne Pkwy., Maricopa, AZ 85139 to get my urine tested due to a suspected UTI.
I was given a cup with only my first name handwritten on the outside. I entered the rest room and found another person's urine test on the back of the toilet. I found this unacceptable and dangerous. If 2 people had the same first name it could easily have culminated in a misdiagnosis, not to mention the fact I should not have been shown into a toilet that had another person's urine test still in there. There was no excuse as I was the only person there at the time. Overall, I found the staff extremely unprofessional. After I was shown into a room I was asked to completely disrobe and questioned why I had to do that for a urine test. The assistant said the PA would want to examine me. I was also asked the date of my last menstruation. I am an 84 year old woman so obviously the assistant hadn't taken the time to read my paperwork, or even look at me. When the PA entered she asked a few questions then told me I could get dressed. She prescribed an antibiotic and I gave her the number of my pharmacy and requested that the prescription be phoned in right away, (it was after 2pm and a Saturday). She said she would do that. 2 hours later I called my pharmacy and they did not have the order. I called back the medical office and was kept on hold 10 minutes. When she came back on the phone she said it had been called in. When I called the pharmacy again they had received it 2 minutes before my call. No-one introduced themselves so don't have any names

Respond

Arizona Medical BoardSevere lack of professionalism and patient care by a physician and the amount of pain he inflicted

On November 3, 2021, I had an appointment with Dr. Glen Halvorson at the Arizona Pain Specialist office located at the 18555 N 79th Ave, Glendale, Arizona 85308. His license number is 13423. I was referred by my medical doctor to determine if the pain in my left arm was carpel tunnel or a pinched never in my neck. I had already been diagnosed by x-ray and MRI with advanced Cervical Radiculopathy.
    Once I entered Dr. Halvorson's treatment room, he never turned around and looked me in the eyes, nor did he even introduce himself to me. He simply said, with his back to me "sit down there." I started to explain my situation to him regarding the severe pain I had down my left arm, leaving my first 3 fingers numb, pins and needles pain, and sometime burning. He responded, "he did not care because he is simply there to run these tests." He then proceeded to tape the electrodes on my hand and attach them to the machine. He never informed me what he was going to be doing, what the machine was for, or what he was looking for. He then applied the electric shock to my hand which I thought was a strong amount of voltage. When I reacted and pulled back, he simply held my hand harder. The next set of electric shocks got stronger and I yelled out "Jesus" and again pulled my hand back. Without even looking up he told me "stop using profanity in front of him." I was shocked. The assistant looked at me and was shocked also. The treatment continued for another 5 minutes where he was applying to much electricity where it was hurting me. He simply continued to hold my hand in place and continued the procedure. The real fun started when he brought out a needle and started repeatedly poking me. I again expressed my pain and the only thing they did was get an alcohol pad and wipe the blood away from my hand. No explanation, no apologies, no remorse!! After he was done, I asked him what he discovered, and he told me that it was not his job to tell me and that he would send it over to my referring doctor. When he was done, I could not get out of the treatment room fast enough.
    I told him that he was the worst doctor I have ever seen. I proceeded to go back to the front desk and informed the staff of the experience I had just gone through. I told the staff that he was the worst doctor I have ever seen and two of his staff nodded their head and told me they agreed with me. One staff member told me they often get complaints about him. Immediately afterwards, two of the patients that were sitting in the office waiting area and approached me in front of the staff and asked if I was talking about Dr. Halvorson. I replied "yes" and they told me that they also agreed with me. This was heard in front of the entire office staff. I asked to see the Office Manager (Veronica I believe) and she said she would look my concerns and get back to me. No one from the office ever did.
    I don't need to tell you that a doctor's oath is that they will "first do no harm." It is included in the Hippocratic Oath. If his own staff is conveying to patients that he is the worst and they have received several complaints about him. When his own patients know the doctor and agree with my allegations, there is a problem that is not being addressed.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my concerns and frustrations. I am confident that all you simply need to do is ask any of his staff or review previous complaints and you will discover that this is a serious problem you have with this doctor. I will never go to him again; however I am scared for the next person he sees!!

Respectfully,
    Donriquo Donaldson

Arizona Medical BoardDenial of Medical Treatment

Facility:
      Yuma Valley Advance Pain Management (YVAP)
      Dr. Jeremy Scott Curry
      2270 S. Ridgeview Dr., Ste. 300
      Yuma, AZ 85364
      928.329.4771

Adriana O.
      Office Manager for 12

On Tue, Oct 11, 2021 I called YVAP to establish myself as a new patient. It took three seperate phone calls for them to finally get their required 18-page pre-registration paperwork emailed to me. I returned it same day after hours. I phoned them back today to get an initial consult set up. I was told they would not set up an appt until they received all my prior records from my last pain management clinic, who they volunteered was not good about getting records sent. I asked to speak with the practice manager (Adriana). She reaffirmed the practice rule - no appointment until the last pain management provider submits my records.

I'm in great, chronic pain (over 3 yrs). I asked Adriana, "So, unless they send my records, I cannot get an appointment scheduled with your practice?" She said, "Correct." I said, "That is a refusal to provide medical service." She said, "We are not refusing you medical service." I said, "You just told me you will not make an appt for me if you don't get my records from my last pain management Dr."

I then told Adriana that I stopped seeing my last pain management Dr because he wanted to perform a procedure on me that he had just become certified to preform, and I wasn't ready for it, was advised by other drs that I should put off, and I feel he then was not careful in my subsequent treatment. So, I was looking for a new provider and was told Dr. Curry was good.

Due to their telling me that my former pain management provider was not good about sending records, combined with the reason I stopped seeing him AND the fact that I am now in a lot of pain, I was intent on getting in with Dr. Curry asap.

I told Ariana that it made no sense to prevent a new patient from at least consulting with the Dr to begin formulating a game plan before some of my records came in. I told her they were essentially holding me hostage by not offering me care because of some arbitrary requirement that is out of my control.

It seems outside of the hippocratic oath to do no harm, which refusing medical treatment does. Whether the Dr receives any of my previous pain management records dating back as far as 2018, as a medical doctor, he should be able to consult with a new patient and move forward with a well-formulated treatment plan.

Arizona Medical BoardDesert Sky Spine and Pain Clinic

I would like an investigation into the pain clinic, Desert Sky Spine and Pain, owned and operated occasionally by Thomas Coury, D.O. I underwent many tests and many discussions at this place, all while in incredible knee pain. Dr. Coury is the owner and he performed injections on my knee without proper covid restrictions in place. His behavior was an outrage. Why have himself and at least four other men in the room? He spoke to them only, during the procedure, about such odd things as a new, synthetic form of Valium (I felt he was showing off about his knowledge although synthetic Valium does not exist). He spoke to me only once, when I gasped, and said, "Mind over matter." I was uncomfortable and humiliated. I am a retired dental hygienist and could not imagine what this man, Coury, was thinking. The treatment to myself and my husband by the staff was equally outrageous. His ability to relieve pain to ANY degree is non-existent and his entire demeanor reeks of arrogance. The office is filthy. I had to give a urine sample and therefore had to use the restroom. It was filthy. The furniture in the reception area is decades old (and paint splattered which looks like spilled milk) and allows for no real distancing in the time when covid is alarmingly high in Sierra Vista. I am self-paying, so have lost hundreds of dollars yet have zero pain relief. I have left this clinic with tremendous anxiety and fear, now, of seeking further treatment from any pain clinic in Arizona. Coury's staff is a huge part of the problem as they, too, are exceptionally rude plus, the more frustrated the patient, the more defensive they become. Coury seems to use a nurse practitioner, Maureen Bay, for everything from determining a patient's treatment plan to prescribing medications and she is far from capable, let alone professional at any level. The entire place is, very apparently, there for only money and not at all for helping people. In my opinion, Coury's credentials are not what they should be, having researched him online, and should be investigated to the fullest. The man is a disgrace to the medical profession.

Arizona Medical BoardDr inappropriate behavior

Recently I had a consultation with my doctor, Dr Michael Yim, director at Northwest Health Care 10370 N LaCanada, AZ 85737
          After discussing treatment options, we came to the conclusion that we had a difference of opinion, he said then, maybe I should find a different doctor, and I concurred with that option. It was all done in the examination room, in private between Doctor and Patient. About two weeks after, he wrote a letter and sent a copy to Medicare saying that he was no longer going to provide medical care for "inappropriate behavior ", I have no idea what that meant and he also precluded me from seeing any other doctors there. This inappropriate behavior seems to be coming from him not me, he also stated it was in the office, and as we all know exams are in a private room. I have found a different doctor, but I'm perturbed that a professional person such as this can stoop to this level. I've called Medicare to inform them of this false accusation, and I'm writing a letter in response to Dr Yim so he can explain the meaning of inappropriate behavior.

Arizona Medical Boardunethical behavior

I went to my Pulmonologist in Yuma, AZ,
            Dr. Mallappa Neelappa, MD
            For a prescription to get an auto CPAP machine and a home sleep study.
            I got the prescription for the CPAP but he refused to give me a prescription
            for the home sleep study because he has a sleep clinic and wants to collect the fee.
            I previously tried his "mini- motel" and had no success going to sleep so I did a home sleep study with total success.
            All I want is the prescription for the home sleep study.

Keith Parker

• Arizona Medical Board's response · Sep 07, 2021

If you have a complaint against a licensed Arizona physician, please go to the Arizona Medical Board's website and file a formal complaint.

This forum is not the appropriate forum for the Board to receive complaints against doctors. Visit www.azmd.gov and go to the Regulations tab, then navigate to the left margin where it says "file a complaint."

Sep 01, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — I was verbally and mentally assaulted by the office mgr/husband of my doctor.

To whom it may concern, My name is Yvonne de Anda [protected]. I'm a 57 yr old, 5'1 woman. My...

Jul 20, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Unnecessary / excessive medical treatment

Arizona, 06/25/2021 To whom it may concern, This letter is to report Fraud related to unnecessary treatment...

Jul 11, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Unprofessional behavior, bullying and name-calling

I had my annual appointment with Arizona Oncology, 1845 W Orange Grove Rd Tucson AZ, at 11:00 AZ June 23...

Arizona Medical BoardDr. Martin Langford

He is negligent and boders on malpractice. Dr. Langford and his team laughed at me when i told them i was juicing. I wasn't doing chemo radiation and surgery and i was told i couldn't do it anyway, but i didn't want to do it anyway so i am juicing. I am healing. The body can heal itself with the right nutrients. And it is happening. Dr. langford is pissed off cause it is working and would not give me health provider encouragement and positive reinforcement. When i asked him if a 25 % drop in tumor markers would be significant(and i knew it would) he looked at floor and barely shook his head yes so as to not agree with me too much, cause it wasn't chemo, radiation and surgery. The burning was subsiding a great deal under my arm in axilla and i asked him what that would mean and he said it was because something was rubbing against it on outside. The burning was inside of me on the tumor. What he said was stupid. I said no, the tumor was burning and it is not burning anymore. So i said to him, that would mean it is healing, wouldn't it? He slowly nodded his head and looked at the floor, once again not admitting to the truth, only barely. I had to drag it out of him. He was being negligent and malpracticing. First blood test, i asked him what he was looking for on blood test and he showed me ca 27.29 tumor marker section. So i watched tumor marker dropping significantly over 5 months. From 80 first month to 70 second month and then next time there was a 65 % drop. And this last blood test another 6 points which in all is 72 % drop in 5 months. He never once remarked on how well i was doing or the progress i was making and never said anything about significant drop in tumor marker. That last time i went to see him, he did his 10 minute thing and then went to leave. I asked him on his way out, how come he didn't remark on tumor markers dropping a whopping 72%. I had to drag it out of him. He should have said something to me the minute he walked into the room about significant decrease in tumor marker. HE SAID NOTHING. NOTHING. i had another ultrasound later and radiologist said petscan is more accurate. Langford tried to tell me that ultrasound was more accurate than any petscan or hand measure. Langford said that cause ultrasound was showing bigger size and wanted to lie to me so i wouldn't think juicing was working. Ultrasound later on after i fired him showed a signifcant decrease in tumor size, about 2.1 cm. Oh by the way, he killed his wife with chemo, radiation, and surgery. That fraud of a doctor also put in my medical chart that tumor markers dropping, even significantly 72 % doesn't mean anything. Then why the heck was he looking at the blood test ca 27.29 that he showed me in the beginning. He's pissed off that i am healing. I saw him from jan, 21, 2021 to April 19, 2021.

• Arizona Medical Board's response · Jul 02, 2021

Good afternoon. The Arizona Medical Board does not acknowledge this forum for formal complaints against licensees.
                  If you have a complaint against an Arizona physician or a physician assistant, please contact the Board directly at [protected] or at azmd.gov where you can file a complaint on-line. Go to the Regulation tab, and click on the top left option "file a complaint or self-report"

Jun 25, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Missed diagnosis

In 2008 I had a hip replacement, performed by Dr. Amber Randall of Flagstaff Bone & Joint. Things were...

Jun 08, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Lack of medical service in Yuma Az.

I have come to the conclusion that the city of Yuma Az and, most likely all of Yuma County lack the ability...

Jun 08, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Complete lack of medical care from a local primecare facility.

Apr 08, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Dr. Michael Billhymer

I was admitted unconscious to the hospital and Billhymer was on call. He left a rod sticking out of my foot...

Feb 18, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Quality of care lacking significantly

I was seen for HRT back on 11-17-20 at Desert Sky Spine and Sports Medicine. I was solicited for this service...

Arizona Medical BoardBanner Thunderbird Medical Center

My son went to Banner MC scared had covid 19 had cough and fever and was scared. Why would they prescribe a person with covid 19 antibiotics and oral prednisone which will lower your immune system. He passed away the covid took over. The hospitals should not give them drugs when they have covid and kill them . Looking threw his medical files he was just scared not sick of anything but affects from the covid. But info on covid 19 and not be scared
                stay calm, stay home it will pass.

Jan 23, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Lodge at sedona

It distresses me to even have to write this letter and it is a sad commentary on the Sedona Lodge that they...

Jan 20, 2021

Arizona Medical Board — Dr. Kristy Rae ingebo gross misconduct

This doctors behavior is unethical and very disturbing to me that she is allowed to practice medicine around...

Arizona Medical BoardMedical records for Richard Martinez 8512 E. Calle Bolivar Tucson AZ [protected]

I, Richard Martinez, was a patient at Desert Pain & Rehab in Tucson Arizona for nine years with no problems then I began to be seen by Donald Seidel, PAC. He began to tell me to hoard my medication and take my meds other than the way they had always been prescribed. I complained about him and said that I no longer wanted to be seen by Mr. Seidel. After my complaint I was sent a termination letter which sighted that I WAS NOT taking my meds as prescribed. I have fractures in my back and tailbone along with other maladies that are very painful. I signed a release for my medical records to be sent to my primary care doctor so I could get a referral to a new pain mgmt clinic, I also signed a records release there. That was 6 weeks ago and Desert Pain & Rehab has yet to send my records dispute numerous requests from my doctor or the pain mgmt clinic I was referred to. I cannot be seen or obtain the medical services I need without these vital records and Desert Pain & Rehab is refusing to hand them over to me personally sighting office protocols. PLEASE help me as I am quickly running out of my medications and will soon need to go to emergency risking my already compromised health during a world pandemic. You can also consider this my formal complaint against Desert Pain & Rehab and against Mr. Seidel PAC. I have also filed a grievance with Banner health insurance (they have also requested my medical records on my behalf to no avail.) Thank you.

• Arizona Medical Board's response · Dec 16, 2020

Good afternoon. The Arizona Medical Board does not acknowledge this forum. If you have a complaint against an Arizona physician, please contact the Board directly at [protected] or at azmd.gov where you can file a complaint on-line. Go to the Regulation tab, and click on the top left option "file a complaint or self-report"

Dec 10, 2020

Arizona Medical Board — Transfer of medical records from yuma md to tucson md

Today's Date: December 10, 2020 I was advised by an AZ Medical Board Intake Officer to indicate that...