Menu
CB Hospitals and Clinics Arizona Medical Board 10450 E Riggs Rd STE 103, Chandler, AZ, 85248, US
Arizona Medical Board company logo
Arizona Medical Board
reviews & complaints
Arizona Medical Board company logo

Arizona Medical Board

10450 E Riggs Rd STE 103, Chandler, AZ, 85248, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Website
ComplaintsBoard
L
12:22 am EDT
Replied
Arizona Medical Board has left an official reply on this complaint.

Arizona Medical Board - Drug error

In April 2023, I visited Associated Internist of Ahwatukee's Sun Lakes office. I normally see Dr. Lana Turk, MD; however for the last few visits I've been passed off to a NP in their office. I was given a sample of the medicine "Trelegy Ellipta 25 mcg" to assist with the chronic bronchitis I've been experiencing.

My first time using this medicine I begin to experience symptoms of an allergic reaction. Once the symptoms were treated, I read the ingredients of the medication and noticed it says it contains "lactose monohydrate". I have since learned that this is milk sugar's that are added to medications to help bind them.

As someone with a MILK ALLEGY I should not have been given this or any medication that includes milk sugars. My allergies should be noted in my medical chart, I believe this was a server oversight that could have been avoided had the NP taken the time to review my chart and read up on the sample of medication she gave me.

Desired outcome: I'd like an apology for the oversight. I would also like there to be guidance implemented to insure other patients do not have a similar experience.

Read full review of Arizona Medical Board

This complaint has been resolved automatically due to user's inactivity.

Hide full review