Menu
CB Hospitals and Clinics Arizona Medical Board 3838 N Campbell Ave bldg 2, Tucson, AZ, 85719, US
Arizona Medical Board company logo
Arizona Medical Board
reviews & complaints
Arizona Medical Board company logo

Arizona Medical Board

3838 N Campbell Ave bldg 2, Tucson, AZ, 85719, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Website
Closed
ComplaintsBoard
E
12:07 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Arizona Medical Board - Medical doctor

I am filing this complaint about Dr. Muhammad Sethi of Tucson, AZ. I was under his care in 2022 for Graves Disease with hyperthyroidism. Was having serious life threatening issues as a result of my disease. Including heart, digestive, mental/emotional health, body temp regulation etc. Was prescribed thyroid medication (methimazole) that I was having side effects from. Then I was prescribed propylthiouracil which also caused side effects including retaining fluid in my body around my heart and lungs, body swelled up. The first time I saw Dr. Sethi it was medication regulation which I advised him I was having reactions too. He did not listen to my concerns or see them as valid. With an acute family history of thyroid removal, he ignored my request and maintained my medication. I saw him for 10mins. The second time I saw him I was blown up with fluid retention. When asked what I could do his reply was "I am not a gastroenterologist" and to go to the hospital. I did and was admitted to the hospital for 4 days. Where it was verified to remove the thyroid. Dr. Sethi made no effort to address my medical distress or offer any resolve. Instead, he pushed me off to someone else. He had no interest whatsoever in helping me! In September 2022 I had a complete thyroidectomy. Received a $500 medical billing statement from his office for the two times he saw me for a total of 20mins. and no resolve from him. I was advised by my primary care physicians office that it was going into collections, and THEY would not be able to see me unless it was paid. Had no choice to pay the $500. What was he paid for? Ignoring my medical needs, refusing to do what was best for his patient, being rude and dismissive. Someone also needs to address the false advertising on his website and that of the medical board. The man that is represented is NOT the man I saw. The man I saw was obviously overweight and not in good health himself. That is a flagrant misrepresentation of a healthy capable doctor. Admittance to fact, on my part, I was very frustrated and upset with the lack of care I was receiving did NOT give him the right to just dismiss me and be rude. Since my thyroid removal my quality of health has done a complete turnaround! I went from taking 15 pills a day to taking one. I no longer NEED an endocrinologist.

Desired outcome: Update ALL visual searches of this doctor. Retraining of personal/professional relations with patients. Updated medical knowledge.

Read full review of Arizona Medical Board