ArchitecturalDepot.compvc shiplap and customer service

H Nov 19, 2019

Ordered PVC shiplap for a bathroom ceiling. I then went to other sites to find PVC crown molding and I noticed that every other PVC product had the California Prop 65 warning (cancer, birth defects and reproductive harm). This caused great concern that I had just ordered toxic shiplap planks on Architectural Depot's website. None of Architectural Depot's PVC products have the prop 65 warning on their website; I've looked. I found this very hard to believe as PVC products on other websites contain the prop 65 warning. My order was not set to ship until tomorrow, according to an email I received, so I called immediately to cancel because I feared that the planks contained toxic pthalates. The representative said that the items had already shipped and could be returned but that there would be no refund for the $100+ shipping fees and that a restocking fee would apply. I said that I wanted to speak to a manager about their Prop 65 testing and claims. Manager, Karen Selleck, got on the line and assured me that their products passed Prop 65 regulations and fell below toxic limits. She could not offer me any proof of this. I kept insisting that I be provided with some sort of proof or at least the name of the lab that did the testing, because this day and age, you can't trust people's word. She proceeded to argue with me and then went on to accuse me of using this "pvc concern" as a way of getting out of paying return shipping and restocking fees. I am a customer, calling with a very very serious concern about toxic products that I could be putting in my home, where I am raising my babies...and this was what she had the nerve to say to me. I will NEVER EVER again do business with this company! If a customer calls with a serious, legitimate health concern about your potentially toxic products, you NEVER accuse them of using that to get out of return fees and my goodness, you better have proof behind your big claims!! Your health is your most valuable asset! Don't let people toy with it. Shop somewhere else.

• De
    Dean Stevens Oct 26, 2020

Karen, did NOT identify herself as the Manager even thought I repeated asked for a manager. This company is small town UNEDUCATED people that dont know how to run a business. She also refused to help me.

Thank God for Visa, DISPUTE the whole transaction in full with my pictures as proof...DONT BUY FROM THEM. Horrible customer services and workmanship!