Anytime Fitnessservice/cancel

A

I recently moved from Baraboo, WI to Eau Claire, WI due to some medical issues that require me to work part time vs. full time salary. I had my membership transferred to Eau Claire but I am in financial hardship and am not using my membership like I want to. I called the gym on Water Street and the man I spoke with was the rudest person I have ever conversed with. I simply asked what their cancelation policy is and he laughed and said this isn't one and that I would need to pay out my remainding balance of over $600. He repeatedly said this isn't his fault and said he could transfer my membership back to Baraboo so he "wouldn't have to deal with me." I asked him to keep it as is and then he said "I'm going to put a 3 month freeze on your account so you can get your stuff figured out." He said there wasnt anyone else I could talk and that he was thr one to make the decison. I wish I could remember all of the snarky and rude comments he said to me but I was so surprised and angry that someone in customer service would treat me like that. I called Baraboo after my conversation with the Eau Claire gym in tears and Veronica the manager was so kind and helpful. She listened to my concerns and empathize with me. She was able to process a cancelation with me with a lower fee which was greatly appreciated.

Not only does the Eau Claire gym have poor managment, the gym itself is dated and the tanning beds always have lights burnt out and the top either closes really hard or doesn't stay upositive and crashes down on you. Their equipment is very old and they don't have the virtual room while they charge the same amount per month as Baraboo which is a fantastic facility that is kept up very well.

I hope that this comment reaches the right people who can hopefully make a change in Eau Claire for the better.