Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Other Amtrak Belligerent conductor; the discrimination of people of color is real

Amtrak  - Belligerent conductor; the discrimination of people of color is real

F
Author of the complaint
11:59 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As a black Constitution loving libertarian, I don't throw around the accusation of discrimination around lightly. I do have to say that I concur with the accusations of singling out, bullying, harassing of people of color on Amtrak. Quite frankly, I'm amazed that the government backed entity has allowed this to go on under its watch!

On my way to Boston, I was yelled at by the conductor to put on my mask while eating. When I explained that i'm still eating and i'm allowed to do so without a mask (how he thought it was possible to do so with a mask, i'm still trying to figure out).

He walked away and came by a second time to yell at me, and again I repeated that i'm still eating. That's when he told me I have to lift my mask between bites, which is just ridiculous. I find this interesting because not even an hour earlier, I saw that same conductor in the dining car eating with his mask completely off! I guess some pigs are more equal than others.

This type of selective enforcement wreaks of discrimination and should be stopped immediately!

Helpful? 0 0

More Amtrak complaints & reviews

Amtrak - lost luggage - no recourse
Amtrak - tries to deceive women for 'work', off craigslist, con, liar
Amtrak - disrespect
Amtrak - refund policy: no rules
Amtrak - bad ride, food, service
0 comments