Americredit Financial Services — Substandard Operational Procedure
I purchased a car in 2000 from Terry Cullen Chevrolet. AmeriCredit was the finance company. After 9-11 and bankruptcy of United Airlines, I was furloughed as a flight attendant twice. I had to resort to being a food server for a year and a half. I struggled to keep my car payments current. I kept in communication with AmeriCredit to pay them what I could. I did fall behind. They did agree to work with me until I completed my certification as an educator and continue with payments. I was in the process of sending in a payment which they agreed to accept and they turned around and repossessed the car anyway, my brown leather jacket left in the car and all. They sold the car and recovered $6, 000 or more for the car. They then charged it off on my credit. Never heard from them in six years. Now I am being threatened with wage garshisment if I do not pay them 21, 000, that included principle and interest after six years. I have 30 days to fix this thing and I am not a happy camper. I have read other complaints and it saddens me to hear all the stories of how AmeriCredit is treating their clients. I am going to fight and they will not win this one!
More Americredit Financial Services Complaints & Reviews
- American Credit Services - Phone call regarding a supposed loan
- AmeriCredit - AmeriCredit nightmare
- AmeriCredit - Unfair business practices!
- AmeriCredit - Scam and cheating!
- American Credit Services - NO PROOF and Traumatic
- AmeriCredit - Fraud and lies
- American Credit - Harrassment
- American Credit Services - loan scam
- AmeriCredit - wrongful repossesion and 16.99% apr
- AmeriCredit - Car Loan