FILE A COMPLAINT

Americas Best Value Inn / Americas Best Inn2 hotel rooms

A Jul 15, 2019

I booked two rooms July 12 at 11:59 pm in Calera, Al. I had a party of 6 including a toddler that had been traveling for 11 hours. We were tired and tried to go to bed even with the room conditions. Room number 1: the walls were covered in marks and stains, the floor had stains, the bathroom had hair all in it, the box springs were exposed receiving stains. Room number 2: smelled of smoke, the toilet was not clean, stains on the wall, the chain was missing from the door to secure it. My husband checked us in I didn't release the room was not prorated until I started to check out. I asked if that was the best rate possible considering the poor room conditions the front desk said a rate is a rate which is untrue. The front desk also stated that we should have checked out if we were unsatisfied with the conditions. Rates can be discounted based on quality of room conditions and prorated based on length of stay. The rate and the room conditions did not match at all.

• Updated by Astall · Jul 15, 2019

I received an email from the manager offering a discount on our next stay. I am not from the area and was only passing through. I don’t need a future discount. I should be reimbursed a percentage for the poor conditions.