Americas Best Value Inn / Americas Best Inndisgusting rooms and poor treatment

L Jul 14, 2019

I evacuated from hurricane Barry and booked a room for the weekend at the Slidell, La. Location for me and my family. My daughter and I both are asthmatic and have pet allergies. When we got settled into the room, I noticed the toilet was over flowing. I contacted the front office and was told someone would fix it the next day. When I woke up, I was completely broken out in hives and had what appeared to be bite Mark's all over my body. I checked the bed and it was full of dirt, food crumbs, and what looks to be insect droppings. My asthma was also acting up so I had been using my inhaler all night. I contacted the front office and they switched the room. They put us in a smoker's room with a broken freezer and a microwave that looks like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I talked to the owner about how the switch wouldn't work for me and I wondered if he had another room. This is when he proceeded to yell at me and refused to give me a full refund for my issues I've had with the room since day one. Since i stepped foot in the door, i had immediate discomfort and issues with the room. No one should have to pay to sleep in a filthy environment. Not only did i find the beds filled with dirt, feces, and blood, the room was full of dog hair. I was told room 209 was not a pet friendly room. I also would like to add that once they fixed the toilet, it still was not in working order.