Menu

complaints

American Home Shield [AHS] Complaints Summary

56 Resolved
1282 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from American Home Shield [AHS] with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for American Home Shield [AHS] has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of American Home Shield [AHS]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

American Home Shield [AHS] complaints 1338

Sort by:

Newest American Home Shield [AHS] complaints

F
10:40 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] AC service call that I canceled

I set up a call for my ac on [protected] and cancled the service call the same day and shows cancled. There trying to charge 125.00 and I call american home sheild [protected]... The ac person showed and left his truck running and said there nothing he can do and left. They will not remove the charge so I said not paying it am going to cancel my account and there going to lose over $600.00 in mothy fees and was told there nothing they can do..

G
2:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Home Shield [AHS] Incomplete work order repair and no resolution after 45 days

work order placed on 9/4/22 for several items" toilet leaking noise,2 showers leaking water into wall and ceiling (electrical light)

9/7/22 Santiago w/ 1st American plumbing came out & diagnosed 2 shower valves that were no longer working. Santiago explained they would need to be replaced. The brand of faucet is Watermark (currently installed) Santiago explained that he could not replace the valve w/ same brand-Watermark as (AHS) would not approve. He would replace w/ another brand, BUT it would no longer work w/ faucet and that the faucet would have to be replaced in order for the valve to work. As of today I am still sitting with both showers not working and possible mold in my walls! I have been placed on hold for over 70 min and been hung up on several times w/ AHS. For my last 4 phone calls to AHS different representatives (which I now have employee ID #'s) and talking with Tina from 1st American Plumbing several times they claim that the work order was not called in correctly with each item listed in order for AHS to give me the correct amount for a cash out. AHS claims that that only the valve was called in, nothing more. 1st American Plumbing is claiming they have called everything in and that the most AHS will pay them is $114 and they will lose $$. He said if I called them direct w/out AHS they would charge me $600 I have the conversation recorded and plan to share if needed. All I ask is that AHS give me the full cash out for all parts, labor and allow me to end my relationship. I have been patient but am tired of being pushed around by AHS and your contractors.

Desired outcome: Full cash-out 2 bathrms: all parts/valves, shower faucet/handle/trim if AHS won’t repl w/Watermark brand & labor involved. Refund mo. fees Sept/Oct paid AHS + $100 deductible to Plumber. I Will report to BBB & Amex if not resolved.

View 0 more photos
R
9:40 am EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Heating and Air Conditioning

On October 6, 2022, I requested service to my heating and air system. I paid the fee of $125 and it was sent to their dispatch team who put me in touch with a local vendor. Their vendor claims that they have tried on numerous occasions to reach out to me without success, this did not occur. I have since been dealing with the AHS customer service representatives who have tried to get me some resolution, and finally gave me an outside referral for service. Here's the deal though no one wants to call AHS and get prior authorization for work so that I can get reimbursed for the repairs by AHS. Every company that I have called refuses to call for pre-authorization of work. AHS is only giving me and outside referral for service as an only option to get the work done. So I'm trapped in a loop of contacting service companies that don't want to work with AHS and AHS telling me that my only option for getting service is to find my own contractor. And when we request to speak to someone in management at the AHS company they are refusing to assist with that as well. Worst Home Warranty Services received to date.

Desired outcome: I would like my system repaired or replaced.

7:13 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Breach of contract and lack of completion or even beginning of a/c repair

A multitude of times you have been contacted regarding the A/C unit at 375 Central Ave #10, Riverside, CA 92507, and you sent out True Master. The service charge has been paid, but they have not begun the repairs and are very difficult to get them to answer the phones. When we do get them they say they will get right on the repairs. It has been weeks and you cannot get them to do their job, nor are they willing to do their job. I have contacted an outside Air company, they have examined the unit and due to the broken fan blades and other items they said someone did not repair the system. Their repair estimate is $3000.00. You are supposed to be fixing, repairing, or replaceing according to the contract which you are seemingly breaching and having an inept company in your employ who cannot or will not repair the unit. At this point I need an immediate response from you as to the repair or replacement of this unit. Should I need to employ this other company due to your lack of reaponse, we will seek reimbursement for the repair of this unit. It has been weeks, which is unacceptable even according to your people.

Awaiting your response,

John Radovich ([protected]@aol.com) and Dave Patterson ([protected]@thegrove.cc)

Desired outcome: Immediate repair or replacement of the unit.

12:24 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Delayed service call

I opened a ticket Dispatch: #[protected] on Oct 2, 2022. As of Oct 20, 2022, I am no closer to have my HVAC fixed. The technician is no responsive. I was told by AHS that a part was needed and it is on back order. I was told that after 5-7 business days, I could request a by out for the part if the technician had not received the required part. I found out to day they have not even received a diagnosis from the technician. Both the technician and AHS is giving me a run around. I have been very patient; however, this delayed has called my child to become very sick and I'm planning to hold AHS and the service technician responsible.

Desired outcome: For someone from AHS to contact me immediately at [protected] and agree to pay me for the required part is is approximately $900.

V
3:04 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Side by side refrigerator

On Friday October 14, 2022 a Technician from Ukon came to service my Refrigerator, the Technician BROKE the control knob off my Refrigerator so that it can NOT be repaired Per Sears Technician also the knob is no longer available. I now have to replace my whole Refrigerator because of the Technician' action. I terminated my contract and I am filing a Complaint with The California Consumer Affairs Office and The California Better Business Bureau.

Valerie Thrash, DTM

Cell:[protected]

Canceled Contract Number: [protected]

Desired outcome: Replace Damaged Refrigerator.

11:39 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Air Conditioning Service

This company is a scam and only wants to take your money. I put in a service request June 23, 2022, in the midst of summer in Georgia. A contracted service came out and examined our air conditioner and stated that we needed a compressor, and it would take a couple of weeks. I have made several calls only to continue to be lied too. I have been told on numerous occasions that the escalation team would contact me. It is now October and AHS continues to scam me by taking money out of my account and not delivering the services that I pay for monthly in the amount of $86. I paid $100 for the service request and although AHS HAS NOT serviced my air conditioner, when I go to service on my account it shows that the service was completed. LIES. When I call the contracted service, they seemed to not know what was going on and stated they were waiting on AHS. Someone is lying. Also, I was told I needed a compressor because lightning hit my air conditioner, which is another lie. I had to pay a company to come to verify if lightning hit the air conditioner and vehemently again, AHS lied. The company

has agreed to fix my air conditioner, however, since I pay AHS and have been with them for many years and have NEVER submitted a claim such as this, I need AHS to fix my air conditioner, and yes in the middle of winter. It has been four months and to no avail. If we all gather together and go to the media exposing AHS for who they really are, maybe they will stop scamming people like me and many others on this site complaining. I want AHS to fix my air conditioner without the lies, excuses, and deceit. At one time, I was so assured that this company was legitimate, but I was completely wrong. It is vitally important that as consumers, we all hold AHS liable for their outright theft they are committing.

Because of my location and limited air conditioning service businesses, I had to pay another $100 for another service contractor to come back out to my home to service my air conditioner.

Desired outcome: I need my air conditioner fixed by AHS and without the lies, excuses, and deceit. Just fix my air conditioner. I want AHS to send out a reliable contractor to fix my air conditioning unit.

Read full review of American Home Shield [AHS] and 1 comment
1 comment
JoannaTX001
, US
Oct 19, 2022 3:53 pm EDT

Were you able to have an outcome resolution on this? I'm having a very similar issue and thinking about hiring a lawyer for a lawsuit. Just wondering if your case got resolved and how.

5:20 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Failure to provide services via policy contract. When I cancelled, they added a month's fee of 98.19 as a penalty.

American Home Shield was called twice to evaluate an Air conditioner unit that was not working well. They sent technician May 15, 2022 and again July 10th. Neither time did the technicians evaluate the interior coils or remove the housing unit to evaluate the unit function. I replaced the unit in September 2022 along with interior coils. I called AHS to cancel my policy on October 18th and was told they would cancel my policy immediately but would charge me the Nov fee of 98.18. I would not be eligible to have service during this month.

This company fails to provide adequate, competent technicians and then further gouges clients when the cancel the policy. People need to be aware.

Jean Walker

[protected]

11:20 am EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Washing machine

I have had this insurance for over 2yrs. I paid my $75 deductible to have a Service Tech come out to look at my washing machine. He informed me that the bearings were gone and needed a whole new unit, that it would be cheaper to purchase another one. My claim was denied, the person I spoke too, said because my washer was still in working condition, it was still able to wash clothes my case was closed. I said, so what you are telling me is, until my washing machine is completely shut down, no longer working, you will not cover my claim and she said Yes. This conversation was recorded. My washing machines shakes and moves violently while washing clothes. This does not make sense for me to be paying for coverage and then be denied. I will be filing a complaint with BBB and with the corp. office. My intent is to cancel this service and go with another co. First American, who replaced my sister's washing machine for the same issue I am having. This Co. should be ashamed to take a customer's money and then not help.

Desired outcome: Repair or Re-place my unit at no cost to me.

U
2:16 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Home air conditioner

On 7/20/22 made a svc call request for AC repair. Dispatch fee ($75) was paid upfront to AHS. Waited for call back & was told there were no available techs in the area. Rep was not fluent in english & I asked numerous questions. Was given permission to get my own contractor which I did without any issues since unit was under a maintenace svc contract. Passed pertinent info on to contractor but by then it was 3 days later (7/22/22) so I gave contractor permission to do repair which was a failed fan motor ($451). Note that I have been a customer with AHS for 19 years in which time they have not paid any repairs on this unit. I was told by contract that they won't do business with AHS due to time constraints they put on techs and subpar parts they want them to use which can't be guaranteed by them. I called & emailed AHS on 4 separate occasions before refund was denied on 9/29/22 at which time I cancelled my policy. Yes, they have come thru in the past for various appliance replacements, but when it got down to the really important issue they failed miserably. I also thought the dispatch fee should be refunded because they did not send a contractor. My belief is that AHS is responsible for the contractor desert in this area due to their unreasonable procedures/policies on contractors.

Desired outcome: I was expecting a refund for the repair which at this date & time has been denied.

C
4:50 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Unpaid STOPPAGE Cash-In-Lieu Offer provided by AHS

RE: Service Dispatch #[protected] Date Request: 5/25/2022

Property Address 1562 Palisades Dr, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

AHS Contract No. [protected]

Received Emails on 6/24/2022, 7/24/2022 and 8/23/2022:

Information about your requested service

"We're following up on a service request you made for your STOPPAGE.

Our records indicate your request currently has a cash-in-lieu offer available."

Please calll us at [protected]

All three times upon receiving the emails, I telephone American Home Shield; but Agents all three times dismiss "I have to have someone call you."

But NOTHING. Instead, The Status incorrectly shows "Service Complete"

Desired outcome: Cash-In-Lieu for STOPPAGE

Update by cathryn bang
Oct 13, 2022 3:37 pm EDT

As 30+ years long customer of American Home Shield for House in California, this year I have repeatedly experienced incomplete services that are being unwarrantedly closed as Successfully Completed, I am rather quite sadly compelled to report to BBB.

I am an Asian single woman in late 50s who is a licensed general contractor and also owns an architectural firm who obtained degree from University of California Berkeley. The other household member who witnessed the incidents together is also an Asian single woman in 50s who is a VP at Citigroup.

INCIDENT 1:

Dispatch #[protected] Date requested:10/5/2022

Ceiling Heater/Fan (Elec) bathroom 1

Ceiling Heater/Fan (Elec) bathroom 2

Problems:

(i) Exhaust Fan is Not functioning properly, in addition to its vigorously shaking, creating dangerous motions and wretched noises.

(ii) Heater is also Not functioning properly, erratically turning off/on/off again.

Both items are 30+ years old; it's the First-time requesting service.

10/7/2022, D&D Electrical Services sent Technician CARLOS for Diagnosis. He spoke on a speaker phone with the Owner DORON who directed Technician Carlos "Why Don't You Fix it! Technician Carlos strongly replied "CAN"T! IT'S OLD!

Technician CARLOS informed me and another household member at present that he took videos/photos of both systems for REPLACEMENT Authorization.

10/11/2022 The Status stated

"Good News! Estimates Approved!

Contact the vendor to complete the service"

10/12/2022 The Status Unwarrantedly changed to Service Complete

i We've successfully completed your service request.

I telephoned American Home Shield, the Agent made RECALL

Dispatch #[protected]

D&D Electrical Scheduler made RECALL Appointment for 10/13/2022 between 8-12.

10/13/2022 D&D Electrical Owner DORON called 9:30A.M. Straight Blurted "WHAT FOR? "NOT SENDING ANYONE!" in unprofessionally dismissive intimidating bulling tone and just hung up the phone as I was informing him the Dispatch Status stated Estimate Approved.

I straight away informed American Home Shield Agent about All Above and asked to Speak with the Supervisor as No Single Woman should be bullied nor intimidated and dismissively denied of RECALL Service Request and Appointment already made for continuing Unfixed Problem that has Not been serviced.

30+ old Bathroom Ceiling Heater/Fan are Not Functioning according to its long usage, in addition to dangerously shaking and making wretched noises.

American Home Shield hired Contractor D&D Electrical Owner DORON Can Not bully the Homeowner and Cancel the Recall Appointment in utterly unprofessional manner. Moreover, He can Not be allowed to incorrectly report the Non-Functioning Items the Technician sent to the Site informed him (and myself the homeowner and other house member in present)

It's Unfixable! It's Old! Diagnosis as having No Mechanical Problem.

Update by cathryn bang
Oct 13, 2022 6:31 pm EDT

Service Dispatch#[protected] Requested Date: 06/02/2022

RE: Toilet Wax Gasket/Wax Ring wear & tear

- causing water stain on a ceiling below the toilet when toilet flush

Wax Ring coverage per contract (E) under 4

{It's Plumbing 101 basic knowledge that Wax Gasket/Wax Ring wear & tear is the Cause of the water stain on a ceiling below the toilet when toilet flush.

I am a licensed General Contractor and owns an Architectural Firm with an Architecture degree from University of California Berkeley.}

6/6/2022

Received Email Service Status PARTIAL APPROVAL Please call AHS.

5:03pm AHS Agent ANNA (User ID: AGRATIL) informed me

I just need to pay $1 for a Bolt as a bolt ring is missing.

6/7/2022

Bear Plumbing & Rooters in Northridge, CA (*1 star rating on Yelp) scheduler screamed "AHS denied!".

6/9/2022 11:53AM

Spoke with AHS Agent ELLIE (Employee ID 8115523)

I Will Call You. But NOTHING

6/17/2022 6:30AM

Spoke with AHS ESCALATION Agent JAY (Employee ID 8102675)

JAY reiterated/promised numerously that He Will Request "Recording Tape" of Agent ANNA who informed you that the Status shows you just need to pay $1 for a Bolt.

Someone from the Escalation Will Definitely Call You! But NOTHING

Today is 10/13/2022! STILL NOTHING.

American Home Shield this year is unusually unresponsive and failed miserably in basic level.

I am 30+ years long American Home Shield customer with this House.

It's extremely disappointing and frustrating to experience AHS failures!

C
6:20 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Pool heater leaking

filed 9/30/22 took them a week to get here meanwhile the pool was leaking significantly and being refilled for a week with well water...YES THE WATER CHEMISTRY WAS OFF, DUH, it had a constant inflow of well water for a week! the claim was denied because of "NOT NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" what does that even mean? its a 3 year old pool heater YOU installed. my previous heater was 23 years old clearly not abused and properly taken care of. I had asked that the company that installed it 3 years ago be assigned to it. I was told they are not affiliated with AHS which was a lie. I spoke to them directly and they said they are still working with and taking claims from AHS. Watertight pool and Spa was assigned...THEY DENY EVERYTHING read their reviews over and over again on people who were denied their claims that should be covered 100%. What am I paying for? Watertight pool and spa told AHS the my 23 year old unit that was replaced was "not normal wear and tear" chemical damage, yes 23 years and now there's chemical damage...its a pool for god sake of course there are chemicals in the water! ITS A SCAM A TOTAL SCAM.

Desired outcome: replace pool heater that is what I am paying premiums for, do the right thing

3:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Home Shield [AHS] I would like reimbursement for $945.82 for a replacement washing machine. Delivery has been arranged for 10/19.

I filed a claim with American Home Shield on 8/31/22 for my broken washing machine. It was not until 9/14/22 that the assigned contractor, Jeffrey's Appliances, came to my house to assess for repairs. After another three weeks with no updates, I contacted American Home Shield, who told me to follow up with Jeffrey's Appliances. Jeffrey's Appliances left me a voicemail the following day (10/6) explaining that they were waiting on a part from American Home Shield. I called American Home Shield, who told me they had forgotten to order a part but had placed the parts order the day before (10/5) and assured me the part would be delivered in a week. Another week has passed, and American Home Shield is now offering a $265 cash-out, though were I to accept the offer, I would still be left with a broken washing machine. I called today (10/12) to decline the offer, and one of the series of people I talked to apologized that the 4-5 week wait on the part was so long. There is a note on 10/5 with the parts order to that fact, but neither she, nor the next person I spoke to could tell me why the person the previous week had misled me to believe (stating it kindly) that the part would be delivered in a week. I asked what is considered an acceptable timeframe for repairing my washing machine and was told, which is how they will undoubtedly respond to my complaint, that there are no defined terms in my contract. I am appealing to their obligation, reason, and ethics. They delayed three weeks in ordering the part, on top of the two weeks it took for the contractor to come out to the property. My washing machine could/should have been repaired before today, but I will be fortunate if, following the current trajectory, my washing machine is fixed in another six weeks. I also suspect that they could have put a "rush" order on shipping that might have expedited parts delivery but are not willing to put forth any extra expense to fix my washing machine at any other than their convenience. I ordered a new washing machine because, though they believe their timetable is reasonable, I adamantly disagree and cannot continue expending my time and limited resources at the laundromat.

L
1:07 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Pool

I requested service over a month ago. Their agent put the wrong information in the system. The service tech went to the house for the wrong thing, I have made so many calls to get this resolved and have been promised a manager would call me back and NOTHING and NO ONE has called to resolve. I have a 99 yr old dad who needs this pool for his therapy. All the reps are of no help and say the same thing and nothing is done. BBB needs to know about this company! the latest calls were on 10/6 with a 24 promise for a call back. 10/8 for a 24-28 hr call back. and this morning 10/10 the representative wants to tell me the pool/spa is not covered and he has to have the original call pulled, which is the exact same thing I was told last week. Does anyone know how to take care of problems. This was an issue created by you! I am so sorry I have paid money to get this program... I need answers

Desired outcome: I need my pool fixed once and for all

D
11:08 am EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Dishwasher

Dishwasher broke in September 2022, American Home Shield sent a contractor that I had complained about in the past 2 years. It took 4 days for them to call me to get an appointment next week. They did a video assessment that was crap obviously, they replaced the pump and mother board and it still did not work. The tech said he ordered another part, another 7-10 days waiting for part, tech put part in water valve dishwasher worked for 2 days and broke again. Service PlusLLC said they do not know what is wrong with it. Escalation department wants another opinion so they have assigned a contractor that is 3 hours away to look at dishwasher. Its been 2 days and they have not contacted me, tried to call them and got a message saying thier phone is not set up to accept incoming calls. Called the Phillipines again and got the same crap, we need to call the contractor and give them a chance. I AM FED UP WITH THIS CRAP! I have been a customer of American Home Shield for at least 15 years and have never had this problem or treated this way by the CallCenter. I will probably be cancelling my contract very soon!

Desired outcome: Dishwasher fixed or replaced in a timely manner!! Its already been over one month on this service call, this is not considered timely!!

Update by decolmtd
Oct 15, 2022 10:24 am EDT

its now Oct. 15th i have been given 2 new contractors in the last week. The first one is 3 hours away, they did not show up that would be Dewitts Appliance Repair. Now waiting to hear from another contractor from the Lafayette area 125 miles away from me. Why cant we get a repair company located in New Orleans. I want my dishwasher fixed or replaced immediately!

B
12:40 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Customer service

AHS has outsourced its customer service to the Philippines. "Red", obviously a fake name, had such a thick accent I could not understand half of what HR said! And I have traveled there on business several times. AHS can pay peanuts for the customer service this way yet raise prices on us. How money grubbing! I won't be renewing my service with them.

Desired outcome: Stop outsourcing!

2:55 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Central air conditioner

Re: contract number [protected]

San Ramon - CA

-On 9/6/2022 - MS service came to check on my central A/C. They said the compressor needed to be changed

-On 9/14/2022. I called AHS to follow up with the repair . The AHS rep told me that I had to pay out of pocket $1,666.00 to have refrigerant refilled after compressor is changed . If I do not want that option , I can get a cash payout option of about $230 and I can have the repair taken care of by myself . I agree with the cash out payment . The rep said check will be mailed to my home address .

- on 9/19/2022. I called AHS . The rep said form had not been submitted for cash out payment yet- they said someone from cash out payment will call me within 48 hours . No one calls me as promised

-on 9/28/2022. I called again and rep told me that check was mailed to wrong address . They will cut another check and will send it to correct address

- on 10/7/2022. I called again . They said no cash out check had been mailed because they still waited for MS technician to confirm that no work had been done on central A/C they said someone from escalation center will call me . No one ever called

They said they cannot contact MS to confirm that no work was done either . I tried to call MS but there is only the answering machine .

I want to have this issue resolved and a cash out check sent to me as soon as possible

so I can have the central a/c fixed asap

I am so disappointed with the lousy and unreliable service from AHS considering the fact that I have been a customer for over 10 years .

Anh P

Desired outcome: Send me my cash out payment asap

12:38 am EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Covered dishwasher repair coverage denied

American Home Shield dispatched a company with terrible customer reviews and complaints of unethical practices to my home to repair my dishwasher. DNG APPLIANCE SERVICES LLC was dispatched to my home on 10.05. The technician, Leigh told me that pump was in good condition and the filter was also working correctly. He mentioned that the hose needed to be replaced because it was old. He said he would order the part and be back in a week to replace the hose. He said the part is covered by my warranty. Exactly 24 hours later, American Home Shield denied my claim because they said the unit needed a new part due to abnormal wear and tear and customer neglect. Which is 100% not true. The customer service department that is not stationed in the U.S. kept repeating my warranty to me and said that I damaged the dishwasher and they would not repair it. I demanded a second opinion and mentioned that they sent a known terrible vendor - with multiple complaints to my home. The rep refused to transfer me to a person in the states. The rep also refused to escalate my call. I ended up hanging up out of frustration. I called DNG and asked them why they told me I only needed a hose and they said you do only need a new hose - American Home Shield denied your claim because the part is $150 and they don’t want to pay for it. Now I have to wait another week for a virtual call with another vendor to diagnose the reason for the dishwasher not draining. I’m so annoyed. I feel lied to by both companies.

Desired outcome: I would like the part replaced and covered by my warranty as stated in my contract.

Read full review of American Home Shield [AHS] and 1 comment
1 comment
M
M
Mary K Rice
, US
Sep 13, 2023 4:35 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This sounds exactly like our experience with DNG and AHS with our microwave. They have been giving us the run around for 2 months. AHS was a total waste of money and I would never use DNG for anything.

Author of the review
Krystalpic
Las Vegas, US
Sep 13, 2023 6:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mary - I called AHS and spoke with them about DNG having terrible reviews and lying. I actually asked AHS to send another contractor out for a second opinion. AHS told me that if the second contractor found the same issue that I would have to pay the service fee again. I agreed knowing that DNG had lied. The second contractor came out and took the dishwasher apart and fixed this issue in about an hour. AHS approved the fix and never heard from or about DNG again. I won't lie - there were lots of phone calls back and forth with the AHS and the new contractor. It was a drama for a few weeks and then was resolved. I have since cancelled AHS and went with Old Republic. They are more pricey, but I don't have issues with shady contractors or with customer service. Good Luck!

B
4:21 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] Water heater repair

Original request for service was June 10, 2022. Technician from Sandhills Plumbing came out and made a temporary fix to the water heater but said he needed to order the part to fix the problem. Eight weeks went by and nothing. I called Sandhills plumbing and they said they were sent the wrong part and had to reorder the part and would call me when the part comes in, probably would take 2 weeks. Again, 30 days go by and not call. I called Sandhills plumbing and they said the part is in and they would come out on Sept 20th between 9 and 11. They never showed for the appointment nor did they call. I called them again and rescheduled for October 4th between 3-5. Again noone showed and no one called. On the 5th of October I called the plumber and they said tgehy won't come out to fix it because they won't get paid from AHS. Meanwhile I have a temporary fix on my water heater that may catch fire and can't get any satisfaction from AHS. When I called the AHS call center the AHS service representative said he couldn't help me. I asked to speak to the escalation center and was told he couldn't transfer me because the escalation center was too busy. This is unacceptable. Worse service I have ever received from and company.

Desired outcome: Fix my water heater with new part

12:58 pm EDT

American Home Shield [AHS] I moved and still got charged after I called to cancel my home warranty

My name is Alina Hawkins and my address for the account is 208 Bethune Drive, Williamsburg, VA. I have been a loyal customer for over 6 years, never missed a payment. I moved to a new residence back in August, at the end of August I called American Home Shield to cancel my home warranty. This is my second time my request is not honored by your representatives, and in the end the customer has to pay for your employees' mistakes. However, the first time I called to add the appliances to my account, and I was assured by the lady on the phone that for an extra fee each month she was going to go head and add my request to my account, after a while, I looked to see if my request was honored, and it was not. I had to call one more time to ask for the same request again. What if any of my appliances will needed service in this window frame, when I had no coverage? I let that go, never complained. Now years later I am facing the same situation, I called back in August to cancel my account, and I was assured that my account will be canceled for a fee. I checked yesterday to see if my account has been cancelled and was not. And the shocking part is that I am still being charged. I called yesterday and the lady on the phone instead to resolve my issue started to be very rude, she was asking me what type of card I am using, she never let me talk, I had to ask her to let me talk. She told me that she is going to cancel my account yesterday October the 4th, and I was going to be charged until October the 4th and my total payment for leaving this company would be around 143$, In my account is showing right now over 200$. I was going to come back next year to American Home Shield, but this is not the right way to take money from the customers. She may not even cancel my account yesterday. Who knows. I am just disappointed to even give this company a try. I will never recommend this company again. Many of my friends asked me what company to choose, and I always recommended American Home Shield, but never again.

Desired outcome: I want for the company do the right thing about my issue. I didn't ask anything for free, I was going to pay the cancellation fee, but not other people mistakes. My account is still active.

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about American Home Shield [AHS]?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with American Home Shield. Make it specific and clear, such as "Delayed Service Response from American Home Shield" or "Unresolved Billing Issue with AHS".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with American Home Shield. Include key areas such as customer service interactions, timeliness and quality of service, clarity and accuracy of contract terms, billing and charges, or any other specific issues you faced. Mention any transactions with the company, including dates and reference numbers if available. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, the steps you took to resolve it, including any communication with AHS, and the company's response or lack thereof. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it's through financial loss, stress, inconvenience, or property damage.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as correspondence, contracts, receipts, or photographs. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with American Home Shield. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, repair, apology, or any other specific action from the company.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is factual and that your desired outcome is realistically achievable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review and publication.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, check back regularly on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or potentially from American Home Shield itself, so it's important to stay informed about the progress of your complaint.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

American Home Shield [AHS] contacts