American Cash Awardscash and car scam

R Nov 05, 2018

I received a call from a guy calling himself Tim Morgan. On 11/3/18. He claimed he was from American Cash Awards Company.
He claimed I won the second prize in a contest from Wal Mart store. The prize was supposed to be 2.5 million US dollars and a new car. He first asked me to go get an amazon gift card. I told him I did not have the $800.00 to buy the card. He then asked me to mail a check to a women named Jaqueline Stone in Lexington, KY. He called me back about 2hrs. later to see if I had mailed the check. At that time he told me that he had messed up, the check was supposed to be $7, 799.00 instead of the $799. I was supposed to have sent. I never sent the check but told him I had.
He called me back saying the check had not got to her yet, this was at 9:15 am this morning. 11/5/18. He called me back at 11:00 am and asked me to get an amazon gift card for $250.00 to cover the storage costs on the car.
At that time I told him I was on to the scam and had canceled the check that I never sent. Needless to say he hung up on me.
The first calls came up as Unknown Caller, The second call came from # [protected] from Kingston, Jamaica.