Having problems with AMC Theatres?

AMC Theatres Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 440 4262 (Assistance)
+1 877 262 4450 (Feedback)
+1 888 562 4262 (AMC Stubs Member)
+1 913 213 2000 (Theatre Support Center)
11500 Ash Street
Leawood, Kansas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AMC Theatres Customer Service. Initial AMC Theatres complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AMC Theatres above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AMC Theatres. Discuss the issues you have had with AMC Theatres and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AMC Theatres Complaints & Reviews

AMC Theater Merchants Crossings 16 — rude manager and no apology

My wife and I went to a movie (The Life Of Pi) for an 11:15 am showing on Feb. 1, 2013. Approximately 10...

AMC Theaters — pay

Hello my name is Katie Kovac I have been working for amc for a short period of time but have already...

AMC Theatersbad ticket sale policy

Last night I attempted to get tickets for the Oscar Showcase event at the Loews AMC Theater in Homestead, PA. Like many repeat attendees, I had called customer relations repeatedly until I was told that they would go on sale at “6:00pm on January 16.” When I got to the theater at 5:00pm, I was pleased to see that there were only 10 or so people in line. Unfortunately, once I got in line, I was told that EACH AND EVERY VIP seating ticket was already spoken for – that in fact, a number of people in front of me would only be able to purchase regular admission tickets.
Just a few patrons were being allowed to buy up each and every ticket for a unique, one time only performance.
I began pursuing these tickets on January the 10th, the day after the nominations were announced. I was told by the staff that many people were calling about them, but that no plans had been made yet. I also kept checking on line, and became concerned when I noticed that many other theaters (outside of our area) had already begun selling tickets. Finally, on the 14th, I was told the sale date. I thought that the delay was because they were attempting to ensure that last year’s problems, where attendees were moved between different screening rooms and early arrivers lost their good seats, were being worked out.
Just before the tickets went on sale, a number of people showed up and “jumped” the line – walking up while tickets were being purchased and using their credit cards to break up the purchases into different payments. Also, many of the individuals that were buying tickets produced multiple AMC stubs cards in order to get “bonus bucks”. I watched as the first two people purchased at least 30 tickets each and used different cash and credit cards to break up the purchases.
The Lowes AMC Homestead PA Theater is hands down the best in the area. I have been singing the praises of VIP seating and eating in the restaurant for years. I used the VIP deal for my daughter’s 10th birthday party where a dozen kids got to experience the theater setting. I have recommended this type of movie experience to coworkers from as far away as Washington Pa and Cranberry Pa. Everyone that has tried it has thanked me for telling them about it.
I was told by Kevin, the manager that it is corporate policy not to limit ticket sales. But I was also told that because this was the only theater making VIP seating available for the Oscar Showcase, online sales were unavailable, and that the four day delay in making the ticketing arrangements available was because of this. I feel as though your staff handled this event in a bungled, unfair manner. I will be attending the Oscar Showcase viewing, but will never, ever promote your theater again.

AMC Theaters — giving out the wrong ticket - repeatedly

Over the last several days AMC theaters have been handing out the wrong ticket stubs. You walk up to the...

AMC Theater- Stub Rewards — did not honor rewards

AMC does not honor rewards! I earned rewards and went to use them the ticket cashier said there were no...

AMC Movie Theaterquality of movie

I went to the 190-02 Horace Harding expressway AMC theater. The quality of the film was blurry. First I complained to a worker (twice) and finally got the manager. It was finally fixed 15 minutes before the movie ended.

• Ka
        Katz5289 Aug 19, 2012

I had a similar experience watching The Dark Knight at Woodinville 16 only this issue was with their sound quality. You could barely hear the dialogue since the background music was blaring. You would think that they do a check run before they roll the reel. Thank goodness they're not operating planes or we would all crash and burn. It has brought me to believe that quality of service within that company is reflective of the QUALITY of people they hire. Poor quality = poor character. Sorry for your experience.

AMC Theatres — harassment by maanager

was harassed by night mgr james about charging my phones i go to movies there a lot resented being hassled...

AMC Theatre — rodents

On Monday, 5/21, I sat in the last top row of the movie theatre enjoying the movie. As I was watching the...

AMC Theatersamc greed loses over $77 to save $14

May 1, 2012 - amc greed loses over $77 to save $14
      We have a paraplegic and profoundly mentally disabled daughter in a wheelchair that we take everywhere we go. if she can’t go we don’t go. she cannot watch the movie but my husband, son and i wanted to see the hunger games so i called amc theaters in downtown disney to be sure we would not have to pay for a ticket for her. (when we go to regal cinemas at pointe orlando if the disabled person cannot watch the movie they have a companion pass which chargers for the disabled person but do not charge for the disabled person’s companion)
      At the amc downtown disney 24, 1500 east buena vista dr., lake buena vista, fl 32830, [protected] i explained our situation to jarrod who referred me to his supervisor ryan who said he had to check with his boss who was valerie the manager. i was told by ryan that valerie said “it is amc’s policy to charge full price for her ticket whether she watches the movie or not.”
      I called amc loews universal cineplex 20, 6000 universal blvd #740, orlando fl 32819, [protected] where i spoke to supervisor ann and was told “they charge for the handicapped whether they watch the show or not.”
      I then called the amc customer care center at [protected] where i waited on hold for 10 minutes 21 seconds for rich to answer. i told him everything i had done, who i spoke to and what they said and was told he would “pass the information on but that was all he could do and someone would get back to me.” i asked to speak to a supervisor but rich said the supervisor could not do any more than he had done. it has been over 8 days and we have not heard back from anyone. this was more like the amc customer i don’t care center.
      Amc lost the $45 for 3 adult tickets and approximately $32.50 for concession items because they wouldn’t waive the $14 for one ticket that couldn’t be used for the purpose it was sold. we enjoyed the movie at the regal cinemas at pointe orlando which was more accommodating to our circumstances. (our daughter slept through most of the movie)
      We believe in the old adage, i tell 2 people, then they will tell 2 people, then they tell 2 people and so on and so on and so on. word of mouth is the best or worst advertisement for any business.

• Ra
          Raishiin Dec 28, 2012

There are way too many people on this site who just don't understand people have the right to complain, aren't there? And competition is good, that's why businesses here don't always get away with being jerks. AMC is owned by China now though so things probably aren't going to get any better.

@SKOR I'm pretty sure there is no lesson involved in this. She didn't even watch the movie remember? They probably just can't leave her alone, but don't want to pay for an extra movie ticket if they have to be charged for someone who isn't watching. People here in the US like to go for the best deal we can get anyway, and if a company is willing to be kind to families in situations like this they'll get their business. Ones that care too much about the money? They generally won't and lose business in the long run. It's not really a good model if you're willing to lose money just because you won't try to be reasonably accommodating to people anyway. Now, if they were pretending she was mentally disabled just to get her in for free that's another story.

• The Lidman Foundation May 09, 2012

Last Thursday at 11:34 Brenda standard lexo time.

• SKOR May 09, 2012

Your daughter's circumstances are very unfortunate, but I don't see why she is entitled to attend the movie without paying for a ticket.
          This was communicated to you several times - it's nice that REGAL offers a companion pass, but that does not mean you are entitled to one from every theatre. You could have left her with a relative or a caregiver while the rest of your family attended the movie.

You are actually teaching her a very negative lesson - that she is "different", and should be treated as such by other people.

AMC Theaterscost and stubs rewards charge

We (My wife and myself) frequent your theater's almost on a weekly basis, and for many years. I must tell you that we enjoy most of your theater's, some more than others. And we both feel that with the rise in ticket prices. We need to find deals when ever possible. So we joined stubs for the first year, only cause it was free. Now we are being asked to pay. We feel you make enough money from tickets (3d / imax) and your extremely expensive concession stands. We will not pay for a sevice that should be free. A true rewards program is just that, a reward or thank you for spending your money with us. I guess in your corporate arrogance you don't think we can spend are money's elsewhere. I wonder what other customers think?

AMC Theaters- Bay Plazaworst first experience!

So today I decided that my cousin and I would go to the theaters to watch Paranormal Activity three. In the area where we live, you need an ID to watch a movie that's rated R. Which is understandable. So with that in mind, since I am old enough to go to the theaters, we went to the theaters and was greeted with a bunch of crowd. Reasonable though! Paranormal Activity 3 came out the night before. So in mind, we want to see Paranormal Activity 3 due to the fact that Halloween is coming! After about 20 minutes of being in line, we finally got to the ticket counter. I requested 2 tickets to see Paranormal Activity 3 and I gave my school ID. The lady turned and looked at me and said "We need your state ID to buy 2 ticket to see that movie."

WTF? ID is ID. Why do you need state ID to watch a movie? I do not get it. That's a bit crappy! ID is ID, why does STATE ID matter? A lot of us on the streets do not have state ID's. Plus, I am 18 years old ! I don't get it.

So if you live in NY, AMC Bay Plaza are one of those theaters you need to avoid. They go the extra mile over a one hour movie. What's the point? Wake up AMC Bay Plaza! Mostly teens and kids watch movies in the theaters now. We are paying to watch the movie. When you refuse to let us watch the movie because of us not having ID's such as STATE ID's. You loose business!

So I guess today ... instead of AMC Bay Plaza making about $6, 000 in a day ( just random numbers to help prove my point.) With the number of kids you all turned away today ... your figures tonight look more like $3, 000. That's a big LOST !

So people, avoid this place !

• Am
              AMC Jordan Nov 02, 2011

Ryanbxd,
              As it is stated above your school idea does not have a Date of Birth. The reason you need an ID is to show that you are at least 17 years old . AMC follows the MPAA rating system, which states that following:

"An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material. An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously. Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children with them to R-rated motion pictures."

We can not assume that you are a certain age because of the grade you are in. I understand your frustration, but in the future you will need documentation (it actually doesn't have to be a state ID) that shows your date of birth.

For more information on ratings please visit: http://www.mpaa.org/
              If you have any questions please visit us at the link: http://getsatisfaction.com/amc_theatres

savebengals Oct 24, 2011

Your student ID does not have a DOB on it.

• Im
              IMD1 Oct 23, 2011

You didn't miss anything. Horrible excuse for a film.

AMC Theatersrude service

I'd like to share an incident at your Arcadia location last night. My friend had a major surgery on his leg a couple of weeks ago and is still wearing a cast. For his birthday, we went to dinner and planned to see a movie at your theaters in Arcadia. Since his leg is in a cast and has difficulty walking, we had selected the Arcadia mall because they offer valet service. We had a nice dinner and had left overs. Your horrible staff wouldn't allow us to enter the theater because we had a bag from the restaurant. We tried to explain the situation that the car was at the valet and my friend had difficulty walking. Instead of being given any understanding, your ticket taker made rude remarks. I've never been treated so rudely and will never frequent your theaters. I will be sharing this incident with my friends, family, and the members of my movie club and will encourage them to never frequent any of your venues. This incident occured last night, 8/28/10 at 7:10 in your Arcadia, California. The ticket taker was a young woman with brown hair and wore glasses. As a manager, I would be horrified if my employees ever treated customers so rudely and would fire the individual. Your company and your rude employee ruined a special evening and we will never forgive you!

• Wi
                Will Moffett Dec 02, 2015

The company suspended for complaining that someone at management insulted my religion. They had to let me go and because the main manager wanted to protect there ### he made me say that everything is untrue. I am Muslim and they fired me because I prayed to Allah. I told them I have a disability they don't care at all.

• Us
                USC Girl Jun 21, 2013

Oh, and this happened at the AMC in the Santa Anita Mall- I left it out sorry.

• Us
                USC Girl Jun 21, 2013

One time, I asked one of the Santa Anita Mall Employees in Arcadia if he knows when a specific movie will be playing next because it was not listed on the board. He was awful and just so rude, he yelled at me and said, "I don't Know!." I understand your concern and am not surprised you had that experience with the disgusting employee. I have plans to go see a movie there tonight and I am going to voice my concerns then!

Roxy

• Am
                AMC Jordan Jul 27, 2011

I am very sorry for the manner in which you were treated at one of our AMC locations. That is not how we conduct business with our guests, and I assure you that I will investigate what happened with our Arcadia location. While it might not be possible, we hope to retain you as a valued guest. If you follow the link below you can officially document what happened, as well as provide us with your contact information in a private channel. We will then contact you directly about this regrettable experience. Thank you.

Sincerely,
                Jordan with AMC

AMC Movie Theatersstubs card/loyalty program

I am no longer an avid movie goer with the increasing costs associated with it. However my wife and I recently went to a local AMC theater to watch a new movie. When we purchased our tickets they asked if we had our "Stubs Card". We informed them that we did not have one. Then we made it to the concession counter. While I do know that the price of the product is extremely high, I also know that this is the only way a movie theater makes money since the ticket prices pretty much go to the production companies. The counter person again asked us if we had out "Stubs Card" and we replied again that we did not have one. The then asked if we wanted one and told us that we could save as much as $5 right then and there based on what we ordered, so I said sure and provided the information needed. The charge came close to $30 and just thinking that the prices are normally high I did not think anything of it until later. It was not until I got home and looked up the program that I realized there was a $12 annual charge for it. So rather than "saving" $5 it actually cost me an additional $7. Has the counter person stated there was a charge for the program I would have declined. Had it been advertised other than in the fine print, I would have declined. My belief is that AMC counts on people not looking at this and assuming that for the privilige of tracking your spending and preferences they would offer a true rewards program rather than actually charging you to allow them to track your movie going experiences. I do not go to the movies but once or twice a year so this "loyalty" or "Rewards" program is completely worthless to me.

AMC Theaterpriceing drinks

i went to see hangover two yesterday may 30th 2011 i wanted something to drink so i picked up two vita waters i was shocked when they told me $9.00 i brought one at walmart for $1.00 i think this is the biggest rip off ever i wont go there again $9.00 for to small drinks whos the ### at corporate that made this choice

pobarjenkins May 31, 2011

This is fairly typical. I read somewhere that concessions create the majority of profits for movie theatres, but I'm not sure how valid that is.

AMC Theaters — employment

Let me just say, I have been working for AMC Theaters for the past 2 and a half years, and can honestly say...

AMC Theatres — complaint about a technical problem in theater 9, on feb 19th, 2011 at amc theaters 34th street

I went to see "I am Number Four" on Saturday, February 19th at AMC Theaters in 34th Street, shown in Theater...

AMC Theaterpoor service

Today, I wanted to go see a movie by myself and enjoy some personal. I go to star bucks and get a mocha. I walk upstairs to the theater entrance, and pay for my ticket with a coupon. The clerk/employee saw my cup of coffee, and said nothing. I the went to the ticket taker person, who took my ticket, rip it - THEN told me that I couldn't take my brand new fenti mocha inside. I asked why they didn’t they tell me this before a ticket was issued? Or why not at least before tearing the tick up?

This must be a new policy. I have been coming to this theater for years. I send upwards of $40 on crap every time I go there. I have taken food, McDonalds coffee, you name it I have taken it and eaten it in there - and I was still buying there food too!

WHELL NOT ANYMORE!!! I will not spend another dime on their concessions. - And I will devote time to spreading the news that they just absolutely reek of absolute idiocy. Their ###ic behavior borderlines on negligence and a public nuisance.

jake2011 Apr 11, 2011

The free popcorn is meant to be eaten while you watch a movie. It is the same popcorn you get when you pat the $5 for it. It is not "old". You can always ask them to pop a fresh batch and they will be more then happy to. Other theater give you nothing at all, so you should be happy to get $5 worth of free snacks for your birthday.

pobarjenkins Feb 07, 2011

I have never been to a single movie theatre that allowed you to bring in outside food or beverages. Maybe they didn't care in the past because you purchased other food? While I do agree that they should have told you beforehand, you cannot honestly be surprised that this is a policy a movie theatre would have.

• Oh
                      OhWowReally Feb 06, 2011

"This must be a new policy." Unless you have not gone to a movie theater since the 1970s (when I started going), this is not a new thing. Almost no movie theaters will permit outside food or drink inside. Before you go on your hate campaign, let me explain something to you.

Movie theaters make almost nothing on ticket sales. Ticket sales cover the cost of the theater to show the movie, and that is about it. 99% of a movie theater's money comes from concession sales. Without concession sales, theaters would disappear. We had three awesome, independently owned theaters in our town that all went out of business. All three of them said it was because concession sales were too low and they couldn't afford to stay open.

I have a friend that is the manager of a Wehrenberg movie theater. He said that it costs anywhere between $15, 000 and $50, 000 to get the rights to show a movie on a single screen, depending on the movie. Tron Legacy in 3D cost $65, 000 per theater. So all the ticket sales are going towards breaking even on paying for the rights to show the movie. Concessions are the life blood of movie theaters, which is why they have such policies about not bringing in outside food and drink.

AMC /theaterscost increase

I went to the movie today and found out ther was a price in crease for seniors a full dollar. I know you have to be aware of the fact ther is no cost of living increase for senior this coming year and last year it has been on the news several times. However you have to make this increase at the worse time considering the economy the way it is. This is a slap in the face for seniors. My salution as a senior to other seniors is instead of going every week to see the movie go every other week for a savings of $8.00 plus snack. Ther is always a salution to greed like AMC is trying to do at our expense. I feel that your being unfair to senios especially the fack that the attendance is down on Tusdays the day of the senior discount and we are not taking up that much space and to raise your cost od admission is totally greed on your part.

pobarjenkins Oct 27, 2010

Exactly what td577 said.

AMC Theatres — gift card refund

My grandson, Age 10, received a $25 gift card for his birthday in July. He lives 95 miles from the closest...

AMC Theaters — not allowing water.

I was stopped for a bottled water at an AMC theater. It was a simple half liter bottle, and I happen to live...