Ambit Energy Holdings company logo
Ambit Energy Holdings
reviews & complaints
Ambit Energy Holdings
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

44 complaints
21 resolved 23 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Ambit Energy Holdings Go to website

Ambit Energy Holdings reviews & complaints 41 - 44

Ambit Energy Holdings complaints 44

Ambit Energy Holdings - rip-off

I am a new ambit energy customer and hadn’t had a problem with them until last month. I recently had a baby in Oct.2011, so I had to quit my job, and a month later my boyfriend changed his job also...

Ambit Energy Holdings - Horrible Treatment of customers

This company had my electric payment 6 days prior to shutting my service off. I have been a customer for almost 4 years, all of a sudden I had no electricity and they wanted a deposit. Seriously...

I have exactly the same situation..and the next month the charged me a second set of fees for connection and disconnection even when my service was never shutt off

whatever they did with you that's not nice . Because there gol to Payless money if you don't have enough so how you pay . The have to continue your service because you are there old customer . My concern for ambit they have to give minimum 5 month time to make payment as like conedison and not over charg the customer

T

Dallas, Texas Nationwide 75202

U.S.A.

Phone: [protected]

Web Address:

Ambit Energy has one of the lousiest customer service departments I have every expreienced. Ambit Energy improperly overbilled us. When calling in to speak with a customer service agent (the first time) to resolve the issue; I was placed on hold for more than 45 minutes. When a person finally did anshwer, I was told I was at the wrong department. When I reached the right department (5 minutes later), the service representative told me she could not resolve my issue and was told "that a supervisor will call you back." (As of this writing, I have not heard from anyone from Ambit Energy)

We had no problem for the last 3 years, we had been paying bills every month. This June we went out of country for a month. And they couldn't do an auto payment which we were on for a year. They've never send us any email or mail concerning not receiving payment through auto payment. And now we are out of electricity. They usually send me an email every month, but after not recieving the payment they closed all account, even email, thats what the lady told us. There was one phone call, now think of it, it probably was from them. But very incoherent, didn't understand a word. We have given them alternative cell phone #, which they didn't even bother to call. Very poor customer service and they do not care... Sorry we took this company...

ambit sent me a check for the free energy and it bounced !!! 11/21/119c7

I
Apr 19, 2011

Ambit Energy Holdings - payment scam

Ambit energy is a scam, I made a payment of $85 saturday on the automatic system and I have been charged $8500. The system asked me to enter in dollars and cents. I entered 85.00 the system did not...

Ambit Energy Holdings - false accusations

My complaint is that this website is a complete joke.making accusaations about Ambit Energy that just are not true...This company is NOT a scam or pyramid...it is true LEGITIMATE company that...

Ambit Energy Holdings - scam

I built a very fast and very impressive organization in less than 16 weeks with over 370 consultants and over 1500 services. I was terminated when they were curious how I developed such a large...

Ambit Energy Holdings - Company

I think one has to be intellectually honest with themselves. Energy is a commodity and changes everyday, consumers usage change everyday and so can we agree that their bills will change monthly.

I am writing to prove without a doubt that Ambit is to good to be true.

They were mentioned as teh fastest growing company in the United States doing 325 Million in less then 3 years

They have a A Rating on the Better Business Bureau

They are a part of DSA.org

They are mentioned in the Dallas Business Journal 11/2009 as the Top Place to work

They Guarantee Savings, give the consumer the ability to earn free supply and reward people for being loyal with

a travel reward program.

I can not believe that I went to Cap Code and Rhode Island in the last 3 years. I can not believe our kids did have a great time as they experience American History at the John Adams Fort and Played Miniature golf.

Need I say more...People will believe what they want to believe for fear of failure and excuses for themselves not to experience life.

Ambit is Real and incredible. just Encounterambit.com

W
Jul 27, 2010

Ambit Energy Holdings - Monthly Double Charge on bill

I became a customer of Ambit as a favor to a friend that got into this company (can't for the life of me figure out why). I've been there for 2 billing cycles and both months they tried to double charge me. They tell me that the BANK refused payment because the address was wrong, it was not their fault. last month I walked into the bank to check this because it didn't make sense. ALL other bills I pay go through just fine. The bank showed me on the computer screen the address they had. Today I am paying bills again ... ALL my bills go through without a problem until I call AMBIT. Same dance as last month, the rep wants to argue with me that it is my banks fault. I told him it was fruitless to argue because I know it's not. He wants to argue anyway. I call back and ask for a Supv, they won't let me speak to one. I was also informed that I have a shut-off date for next week if I don't get my bill paid. They have the full amount of my bill "pending" at my bank though. I HATE THIS COMPANY!!! Thank God I'm only stuck with this mess for 4 more months. Save yourself the headache, RUN FROM THEM!!! I put this on my Facebook and I'll post it every where I can to warn people.

Ambit Energy Holdings - service

From when I purchased service to my residence their was lack of

communication between representatives and the consumer.

The consumer called to stated hours were being cutt from jobsite

had stated to rep. that the last bill would be paid in full on the0513/10.

The rep. replied they could not make any arrangements. I was very

dissappointed. I belive it is unfair for the consumer not to have any

options.

Not happy with the service. For future reference will not referanyone

for that matter.

i payed my bill at pls checking on the 01 oj june lights was do to be tuned off on the 02 of june called the co. to give my rf nbr.id nbr stateding it was payed. lights was turn off on the 4th jun because it could not be seen in their the system and i was charged 57.00 to get the lights turn back on the c.s.agent were not helpfull the special word they all use is i am sorry, and yes i fine the whole dept. is sorry

Ambit Energy is a great opportunity for people looking save on their energy cost and at the same time help others save on their energy costs. Currently Ambit is the #1 Top earning company as per INC 500 Magazine. Do I need to say any more?

We just made a major announcement of expanding markets and we are now able to offer the same savings opportunity to small businesses in TX.

I can go on and on about how great Ambit Energy is. Three thumbs up .. oops sorry I only have two thumbs. :)

Find out Why does Ambit Energy Work? http://bit.ly/9F7KwR

Save money and Join Ambit Now http://bit.ly/9Vn3kR

Ambit Energy Holdings - Rip off

Hello I'm In NY as any body here I was approached by Ambit energy marketing consultant and told that if I switch to ambit energy i would be saving here and there iand it was true the firs two...

K
Jan 11, 2010

Ambit Energy Holdings - Billing scam

My wife & I use Ambit Energy for electric service. We (Ambit Energy, and my wife & I) are currently in the middle of a fixed rate contract of 10.5 cents per kilowatt hour for electric service. Thi...

Ambit Energy Holdings - Energy

What they simply won't tell you about Ambit Energy!

Posted: 12/2/2009 - 1 comment(s) [ Comment ] - 0 trackback(s) [ Trackback ]

Financial Freedom can simply be achieved by eliminateing your regular monthly expenses!

I was fortunate to find a company that i have been involved in now for two years, i was able to eliminate my monthly mortgage payment, bmw note and light bill. There were things that i was not able to do before because i had no time, i had to work overtime at work to keep up with my monthly bills. Well i know that statment sounds redundant but most people can relate to it. For me i was working on a job every day that required me to put in more time and effort and barely pay out all of my monthly expenses. On top of that i felt like a slave to my job, in essense the job was owning me not the other way around. I knew it was time for a major change. I would say that the biggest effect the Ambit opportunity has allowed me is the ability to go back to my job every morning more by want than need. I don't think that there is anything wrong with haveing a job, but i do think that you ought to be able to wake up every morning with the ball in your court. See all financial freedom is the ability to make choices that will not effect you financially. It meant takeing back ownership of my life. (More time) That is what financial freedom is to me. I am not hear to sell anyone on the Ambit opportunity but i wanted to tell my story and let people know that you can be a becan of light in other peoples life simply by shareing your life experiences. I f you would like to contact me simply to ask a question or anything my door is open. If you would like to find out more about the Ambit opportunity www.meetplanz.com or [protected]@energyxp.net [protected]

X
Aug 29, 2009

Ambit Energy Holdings - Bill scam

I GOT A BILL FOR $307.00 FOR A APARTMENT I RENTED. HOW EVER I DID NOT EVEN LIVE IN IT UNTIL A MO. LATER. NOTHING WAS ON!! AND NO ONE LIVED IN THE APARTMENT. EVEN THE APARTMENT MANAGER TALKED TO THEM I STILL HAD TO PAY IT OR THEY WERE GOING TO SHUT THE POWER OFF!! I WISH I HAD NEVER SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH THEM BUT I WILL SAY THIS IT WILL BE THE LAST CONTRACT I WILL EVER SIGN WITH THEM. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF. I WISH SOME ONE WOULD HELP PEOPLE WITH COMPANIES LIKE THIS. AND YET THEY GET AWAY WITH IT ALL THE TIME . THEY NEED TO PUT THEM ALL IN JAIL AND THROUGH AWAY THE KEY!!!

If you're not stupid you could deal with it yourself. Section 8 housing and everything that comes with it makes people able to get away with things like that. Social Darwanism at its peak... just go ahead and start shooting up if you haven't already. We can't all be smart, otherwise we'd be living in Soviet Russia, which, as some of us know (not the ones that voted for Obama) doesn't work. Thanks!

Ambit Energy Holdings - Ambit is a rip off

Where do I begin??? I have only had Ambit Energy since October 2008. I REGRET signing up for a contract on July 3, 2009. I had a bill due on July 10th. I was in the middle of moving, and I do admit I...

Ambit Energy Holdings - Average Billing Scam

I bought a home a year ago and signed up for Ambit Energy for my new home through a friend consultant. I got a rate of 10.94 cents/kWh which is a very good deal. However, just this month, I reached...

Ambit Energy Holdings - over charges

Ambit energy entices customers with low per killowatt usage fees and then gradually increases your monthly usage charges by "estimating" usage. With every monthy estimate the charges go up, in effect creating a new and higher usage average. What a scam. then in September when Hurricane Ike hit the city of Galveston they continued billing at the "estimated" monthly rate when all power was off (and still is) I have never had a higher electric bill in 8 years at the same residence as I have with Ambit. The increase is almost triple in 1 year. When I called and tried to resolve the overage charges I received approximately 40 dollar off a $400 billing!! How can I have racked up $400 worth of usage with absolutely NO POWER ON? I am filing a complaint with the Public Utitliy Commission.

Ambit Energy Holdings - Bait and Switch

Ambit Energy states that they will provide you with a very good rate but will change it (doubled it in my case) the following month after your service is activated. They will also put you in an Average Billing catagory so when you finally get smart enough to leave them you will get a LARGE BILL with your overage charged to you! This is not a very ethical company and they show no remorse for their 'grey' business practices. I thought TXU was bad but Ambit has just raised the stakes!

"At least Ambit will take the time to notify you when your fixed rate is ending." Well, not really. They didn't inform me before they tripled my bill. "Most of the ones complaining are the ones who jump from company to company trying to avoid paying their bills." Wrong again - I was with the same energy company for 19+ years before a friend convinced me to sign into Ambit. Stop making generalized statements and judging people you don't know - it makes the company look petty and small, and I wouldn't want to be associated with such an organization.

http://www.energybillreview.com/ambibill.html this link isn't working. Is there another link available to view your energy bill? Thanks

You explained your positive very well! I concur, most of the time, in regards to complaints, they were misinformed and or hyped! Shame on any rep using hype to influence people to sign up! They might get a customer that way, but in the long run, you will create an enemy. Buyers remorse is the worst feeling of all! Before anyone signs up with any service, you must read the small print, understand what you are getting into clearly. Don't make excuses or blame anyone else for your ignorance or negligence! Get informed, be an informed consumer! I'm discovering so many people are unwilling to accept responsibility for there own choices or decisions. That's sad!

I personally believe that Ambit Energy is a GREAT company and offers the consumer a great and VERY competitive energy rate. I have been an Ambit Energy customer for almost three (3) years now and have been a Marketing Consultant since November of 2009. I must say that Ambit is really Great.

All Ambit Consultants should get involved and work the training programs, and then MOST IMPORTANTLY should be TOTALLY HONEST with their customers from the minute that they begin finding their customers. I have formed many great friendships through my Ambit customers, and continually check up on them to make sure that they are happy with their service. My Ambit customers know that they can contact me at any time when they have a question or concern. If you are researching Ambit Energy, please feel free to see the following websites and I will be happy to assist you in enjoying the Ambit Energy experience. Learn everything and be informed. I know you will be 150% satisfied with your decision to join Ambit.

www.roberthowell.joinambit.com (Customer)

www.roberthowell.whyambitworks.com

www.roberthowell.ambitenergy.biz (Marketing Consultant)

As a marketing consultant, I ALWAYS recommend that my customers choose a one year or two year "FIXED" rate energy plan. It is also true that Ambit also notifies you when you plan is about to expire. Simply go to your customer website, and choose your new plan .

Again, please feel free to take a look at my websites, and if I cannot answer a question for you, I WILL CERTAINLY FIND the ANSWER for you.

Rule of Thumb!!! If you are ALWAYS honest in your business, your customers will always come back to you.

Enjoy your Ambit Experience!!!

Respectfully,

Robert S. Howell

Ambit Energy

Marketing Consultant

Rio Grande Valley, Texas

Most of the ones complaining are the ones who jump from company to company trying to avoid paying their bills. I personally know people who get their bill from company A and decide they don't want to pay it or flat out refuse to pay it so they go to company B hoping to avoid paying it. Therefore when they get that 2nd month bill, it reflects the non payment of the previous provider's bill.

Excellent choice of words. To be an informed customer. I have had several electricity co., and have been with Ambit for 3 yrs now. My bill has always been low and i consume over 3, 000 kwh a month, as with most new co., the quirts need to be worked out, I believe those who complain the loudest are those who dnt understand or who dnt pay their bills very well!!

Ambit no longer (as of Septmber 2009) places month to month customers on a "Standard billing plan" following the first month. While the second month may be higher or lower it will not likely double like in the past. You will continue to receive a competative rate month after month (the same rate new customers who are signing up for the variable plan get).

If you do not like the risk of a variable plan (and most retail providers offer them) then selected a fixed rate plan and renew it when it expires. At least Ambit will take the time to notify you when your fixed rate is ending, unlike many of the other providers who let you slide onto a variable plan without sending you a notification.

I invite anyone who would like to view my personal Ambit electricity bill - you can do so here - http://www.energybillreview.com/ambibill.html

If you choose wisely and monitor your plan, you really can save a good deal of money with Ambit. As with everything else, it pays to be an informed consumer.

Mike

D

Ambit Energy Holdings - Extremely BAD Customer service

Do not believe the line that the rates will be lower, or that your bill will be too, and one thing that we noticed also was that your bill will come in 3 week cycles, with absolutely NO grace period. not even 1 day!!! And your services will be shut off!!! The phone lines are horrible when trying to contact customer service, unless you go through "the new customer" department. This is one of the biggest mistakes we've ever made as far as utility companies, we never should have switched!!! Our bill has more than doubled!!! DO NOT buy into Ambit!!!

Find out Why does Ambit Energy Work? http://bit.ly/9F7KwR

Save money and Join Ambit Now http://bit.ly/9Vn3kR

I am an Ambit consultant and could not disagree more.

I have called Ambit customer service line about 4 times in the last 2 months with various questions and have never waited more than 5 minutes for a representative.

The billing cycles are determined by the meter read dates. The meter reads are done by the delivery company, not Ambit. In my service area this in Oncor Energy and they read the meter for TXU, Reliant, Green Mountain, Bob's Energy, everyone. The only difference is who they upload the meter read numbers to for billing. That is why all customers have a 2.00 and something cent read fee on the bill. This is what Oncor charges the retail providers for the meter reading services.

The current Ambit policy allows for one late payment every 6 months prior to any sort of disconnection action. There is also a partial payment plan available to customers who are in need of more time to pay.

If you want to see a real world Ambit bill, please feel free to pull mine up at

You are sooooo right about Ambit. With today's economy crisis people everywhere are asking for some type of relief or repayment plans just to make sure they can keep lights on, a roof over there head, gas in their cars and food on the table. Ambit energy is HORRIBLE about working with you to get the bill satisfied. Worse mistake I ever made.

H
Dec 05, 2008

Ambit Energy Holdings - A complete scam

Ambit Energy is a complete scan from top to bottom. First their consultant, an ex-friend (now!!!), told me I was going to get a lower rate than my previous provider. I got a lower rate the first...

C
Dec 01, 2008

Ambit Energy Holdings - Your Getaway free Vacation offer

Sign up with Ambit Energy and get a free 3 day and 2 night stay at various hotels that you would choose. SCAM - When you arrive at the hotel, you must check in with Grand Incentives who will refund...

1 2 3