Having problems with Altech Netstar?

Altech Netstar reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 7, 2010. The latest review No response was posted on Oct 16, 2021. The latest complaint listed at creditworx was resolved on Jul 25, 2014. Altech Netstar has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 110 reviews. Altech Netstar has resolved 5 complaints.

Altech Netstar Customer Service Contacts

+27 800 112 222 (Emergency)
+27 112 075 006 (Customer Service)
+27 514 000 100 (Bloemfontein)
+27 215 282 900 (Cape Town)
+27 437 835 700 (East London)
+27 538 611 389 (Kimberley)
+27 100 600 252 (Klerksdorp)
+27 112 075 000 (Midrand)
+27 100 609 870 (Nelspruit)
+27 343 122 128 (Newcastle)
+27 333 450 637 (Pietermaritzburg)
+27 100 600 230 (Polokwane)
+27 413 953 100 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 357 800 200 (Richards Bay)
+27 100 600 263 (Rustenburg)
+27 100 600 214 (Witbank)
+27 860 122 436 (Telesales Call Centre)
+267 395 6482 (Botswana)
+254 712 345 645 (Kenya, Rwanda & Uganda)
+60 342 597 000 (Malaysia)
+258 137 440 313 (Mozambique (Maputo)
+264 61 222 329 (Namibia)
+268 24 048 857 (Swaziland)
Block O Central Park Offices
16th Road
Randjespark Ext 5

Midrand
South Africa
Offices in South Africa
  • Unit 1 Ecowa, 12 Ehrlich Street, Willows, Bloemfontein, 9301
  • Thomas Patulllo Building,4th Floor, 19 Jan Smuts Street, Cape Town, South Africa, 8000
  • 1 Montgomery Drive, Mount Edgecombe, Durban, 4300

Swaziland
Warehouse 16 E3, Portion № 821, Sheffield Rd, Mbabane, Swaziland

Zambia

Plot 11/12, Bwinjimfumu Road, Rhodes, Lusaka, Zambia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Altech Netstar Customer Service. Initial Altech Netstar complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Altech Netstar above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Altech Netstar. Discuss the issues you have had with Altech Netstar and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Altech Netstar Complaints & Reviews

Altech NetstarNo response

In Feb 2021 my vehicle was in an accident and written off. I contacted Netstar to have the device removed from old vehicle and then refitted in the new vehicle I was purchasing. ( I paid for this device/service when I purchased the vehicle, in advance, so I dont have a monthly amount)
The consultant said they can send someone to remove and check the device., but it might be faulty due to accident.
About a week later I phoned again, this time to be told that they reccommend I get a new device since the old one wont work, and take a new contract.
We decided to get another tracking device for the new vehicle.
Since then, my insursance has ptobably fixed / sold the vehicle. Currenly I am getting all the sms notifications on the old device which Netstar afvised me to rather replace as it wasnt working. So obviously this device is still working.
Yesterday, 15 Oct I phoned Netstar to have this cancellled and REFUNDED, and was told I can give a 30 day notice and since I want a refund, I woukd needvto speak to her supervisor. the consultant would get her supervisor to phone me back within 30minutes (supervisor was busy at the time) NO contact / communication from Netstar apart from a case number sms. (Dear Client Your enquiry reference number is : CAS-4917280-L8D8Regards Netstar)
I want this refund calculated from Feb 2021, which is the time Netstar advised me the device isnt working.

Respond

Altech NetstarHanded over for collection even after I gave 30 days notice of cancellation.

I contacted Netstar on the 31 August 2021 at 12:13 PM and requested that they cancel my contract with effect from the 30 September 2021 .

I further requested that the sent me a cancellation letter stating that the contract has been canceled and that no further deductions will be made from my account.

I received an email from Cancellations at Netstar on the 31 August 2021 at 5:16 PM with my details in the body of the email.

I was contacted on the 13 October 2021 by a collections company in regards to my Netstar account .

This is unacceptable as I have given 30 days written notice as per the requirements of the Consumer protection act .

I demand correspondence from Netstar in regard to this as I will be taking this further, this could include contacting legal representation, placing on social media and reporting this to the industry ombud.

I have copies of all emails referred to above.

Cobus Coetzee
    Cell [protected]
    Email : cobus.[protected]@gmail.com

Altech NetstarPathetic Service

Neststar is by far the most pathetic service provider i have ever dealt with. My debit order has gone off on the 27th September, yet my account is still blocked. My tracker unit does not work and nobody can tell me why it is taking them this long to reconnect me. They cant even tell me when my unit will be up and running again as it is still with legal.

it takes me 25 minutes to get hold of a credit controller and when i speak to him, he is not really helpful at all. Netstar is pathetic!

if you guys are unable to service your so called valued clients, get somebody to remove this unit from my car so i can find another service provider who is definitely more jacked up than netsstar.

you guy clearly dont know what customer focus is.

Altech NetstarCustomer service

06/09/2021 Dean Clampett.
        I requested my monthly payments move to a new bank account via email, with client number ([protected]) in subject line.
        Response:
        "Thank you for your correspondence with Netstar.

I am so sorry; I am unable to process your request as I do not have enough information to locate your account or vehicle. Please could you send the vehicle reg, your account number, your id number or your cellphone number to [protected]@netstar.co.za for us to complete your request.
        Kind regards
        ​Donald
        Customer Services"

Now, I receive statements from Netstar with my account number and vehicle registration number on it. Why does your office respond with this answer? Is my vehicle being tracked or not? Your office has my email address, account number, personal details.

I have been a loyal client for 6 years paying every month. This response by your office tells me my vehicle is not tracked or covered by your company. Is this true?

In South Africa we use tracker companies otherwise insurance will not cover our vehicles. If Donald cannot trace my details or that of my vehicle simply from my account number, will the insurance company pay out in event my vehicle gets stolen?

Respond

Altech NetstarCancellation of contract handled very poorly.

I have been trying to cancel my contract with netstar since March 2021 with no luck. Eventually when I reversed a debit order they started contacting me and then the process started getting traction. I have paid the cancellation fee already and still the following month they debited my account. I have also been trying to contact them since then but to no avail. This is very very poor!

Altech NetstarBeing charged monthly for a product the was returned nov 2020

being charged monthly for a product the was returned Nov 2020 and has not been replaced
            Boomerang
            Account 8008176
            Charles Halle [protected]

Why is this complaint to short . must i write a Essay on the lack of service.

Altech NetstarService

I have sent Netstar 2 emails.
              26 and 28 July 2021 and still waiting for a response.
              I have spent over an hour on cell phone calls and still nothing.
              Have even been disconnected on various occasions.
              Have been sent 2 sms's reference number: CAS-4720259, yet no contact from anyone.
              Totally disgusted with their service.
              Will never, ever suggest them to anyone that's for sure.

Respond

Altech NetstarFaulty Installation and no commitment to rectify from Car Dealer or Netstar

The unit was installed into my wife's cars on the 19th of July, 2021 at We Buy Cars - Midstream. We took ownership of the Vehicle on the 20th and we were informed that the installation certificates would be forthcoming so that we could register on the site. When this was received on the 21st we registered and my wife's unit was showing that she was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. We called Netstar to test and they confirmed that this was the same result they got. They updated the unit and said it would take 24hours to update and then it would be fine. Again no such luck. Called again on the 22nd, new reference with undertaking to send technicians to come and fix the same as soon as they have confirmed availability as it was still faulty. No calls on the 23rd. Contacted the salesman at We Buy Cars and he undertook to get back to me first thing today the 26th. No such luck, called Netstar again today to log a complaint and they undertook to call us back within two hours, no such luck. So your have R6000 from us for the installation and 3 years fees, no working unit and a stack of promises with no results. Is this how you intend to start a long lasting relationship with your clients. I am appalled and disgusted with the service and the fact that you are willing to stand by seeing that my wife is placed in danger by your unit being dysfunctional and you simply being happy that you have the money and not delivering on expectations. Really is it so much to expect to have a working unit.

Altech NetstarRefusal to Cancel a Contract Account Number [protected]

i have cancelled my contract in 2019, i spoke to Netstar customer services and sent an email, i then cancelled the contract again in 2020, I spoke to customer services and sent an email, i again cancelled the contract in 2021, phoned customer service and sent an email.

i have been sent to pillar to post, they refuse to cancel the account, and keep demanding that i pay for a service i clearly do not want. the emails are just bounced around from department to department without any feedback.

Respond

Altech NetstarNo linked service but paying premiums and Netstar refuses to respond and resolve this matter

We took over this contract when we bought a car, but realised after while when contacting Netstar, that our car was not linked. We asked to correct it, but they refuse to respond. The only response was where they copied the person that did the application but he, Henry, never responded. I must habe emailed them more than 10times already. I also asked them to reimbirse.me all my premiums since March 2018, and to cancel this contract, but still no response.

1 Response
                      • Mi
                        Miserable 7 Jul 23, 2021

i sold a car in 2018, and have been trying to cancel this account since, they just refuse to cancel the account and are sending me letters of demand, i have tried everything they just ignore my emails and send letters of demand. if you have a solution, please help me, if they have come back to you.

Altech NetstarDevice not active yet demanding payment

Device fitted but never got tested until I contacted them to arrange other method of payments only then I notice that they cannot locate my vehicle. Arranged with them for a tech to inspect. Still waiting. Got handed over for non payment but still cannot confirm if indeed the device was fitted because the not sure, sent emails with not respond even to their collectors..

Altech NetstarCar insurance

Hi. I am Lebogang Kekana. I have been contacting Netstar concerning debit order date. Their debit order hasn't been going through on the agreed date. I have made multiple requests to fix that to no help.

Please assist.

My contacts are [protected]

Car insurance

Altech NetstarVehicle not registered but paying since 2018 and no service

I have sent emails since 2019 to NETSTAR staff, till now not resolved and no one has come back to me. I am still paying a premium since inception-2018, but my vehicle is not linked as per my application, for my Nissan.

They cannot refer me to a senior manager and simply ignores all calls and mails

I want all my premiums paid to date to be reimbursed to me, and for this subscription to be cancelled with immediate effect.
                          I have asked for this in a mail but this too ignored

Altech NetstarPoor Service and Unethical Behaviour

I have been completely frustrated by the lack of service and lies from Eustacia Roberts.

I initially log a request on the 17th May 2021 to transfer my tracking unit from my old vehicle (F* *9 Y* GP) to my new vehicle ref number provided below on the trail mail - which should have taken place within 5 days.

By the 1st June I started following up on my request as I was driving a vehicle without a tracking unit and this posed a risk for my insurance cover - please mail below.

Around the 9th June 2021 I escalated my matter with Lesego in the retentions department and I was assured that Kgosi (the manager will contact me to assist with my cancellation). I had informed your agent that due to the risk with my cover I was forced to seek assistance from an alternate service provider. At around 17:30 that day I received a call from Ms Roberts who confirmed that she processed the cancellation and that I will not be subjected to paying the cancellation as it was not my fault and she acknowledged the service failure - you welcome to check your records and confirm same with Ms Roberts.

I was very surprised to see a debit of R1500 on the 20th following Ms Roberts feedback - I have been calling daily since Monday - following on my refund - every time I am told by Ms Roberts she will contact me with feedback which never happens. every time you call and want to speak to a Manager you are told by the agents that they are working remotely and can't transfer to a manager - which i don't believe - i want my money to be refunded ASAP

Altech NetstarTracking Device Installation Service

I registered my vehicle with Altech Netstar on the 14th of June 2021. I received a CAS-number and was informed I would get a phone regarding when the installation will occur. I waited a good week without any contact from the company, whilst they are fully aware of the negligence this is putting me under just from my Insurance perspective. Should anything happen to my vehicle, it would be difficult for me to claim because i do not have a device installed in my vehicle to date. On the 22nd of June 2021, I again contacted Netstar informing them of the inconvenience and was informed they would contact me yesterday, 23rd of June to come and install the device; however, again, none of that happened. I still have not received any contact from Netstar. This is an appalling customer service. And it is also pure negligence on their side. They are taking advantage knowing that they have made me verbally sign-up to a 36 month contract that will make it difficult for customers to cancel without getting any penalties. This service is uncalled for. Netstar needs to know that should anything happen to my vehicle, they will be held liable; and moreover, I will sue them for this negligence! I expect to hear from them soonest.

Altech NetstarUnauthorized cancellation

My client number is CAS-4418030-C9L. I need to request a refund relating to my device that never worked way back since 2014 hence I was paying instalment. My contract was also cancelled without being notified and caused lot of inconvenience. The confirmation of cancellation was over the phone therefore no communication letter.Below is all I have

From: Sebothoma, M. (Margaret)
                                Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 08:57
                                To: Amanda Cele ; Margaret Sebothoma
                                Subject: RE: Upgrade request 155909

Hi Amanda,

The question I need to know is that, since from when did you notice that the unit cannot be repaired?

Margaret

From: Amanda Cele
                                Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 07:06
                                To: Margaret Sebothoma
                                Cc: Sebothoma, M. (Margaret)
                                Subject: Re: Upgrade request 155909

CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER - Please be careful when opening links and attachments. Nedbank - IT Information Security Department (ISD)
                                Good day

Your contract had a 3year warranty, unit was fitted August 2009.

Amanda Cele

To: Amanda Cele
                                Cc: [protected]@NEDBANK.CO.ZA
                                Subject: Re: Upgrade request 155909

Hi Amanda

According to your email, the unit can no longer be repaired as is out of warranty. Kindly confirm the date from when the unit becomes out of warranty?

Margaret

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 6:48 AM Amanda Cele wrote:
                                Good day

Thank you for your correspondence with Netstar.

In response to your email regarding your unit test.

The unit can no longer be repair as its out of warranty, so in your case we can gladly assist you with an upgrade.

Amanda Cele
                                Retention's Consultant
                                [protected]

Respond

Altech NetstarTracking device upgrades.

I am trying to speak to any Netstar agent for upgrades on my two vehicles, but there phones is up to [censored]. It is breaking up to whole time. I cannot do my upgrades on my vehicles due to this problem. Nobody can help me. They said that they phone me me, but I did not received any calls from them. There telephone system is up to [censored], that is why we can not communicate.

Altech NetstarPoor tracker installation

My vehicle had a tracker installed 4 months ago. From then, the battery problems began. Babe f it's parked for 2 days it drains the whole battery. Am on my second new battery and the diagnosis comes back as the tracker unit installed. I have been in touch telephonically several times and nothing gets done!
                                    Please come sort this out or else you will lose a customer.

Altech NetstarCancellation of Netstar Tracker

I canceled my contract 5 years ago, Netstar account number: 1050374, for VW Golf 5 registration SVS317GP. Debit orders went off every month. I wrote follow up letters and emails notifying Netstar of the cancelation. We are not only dealing with fraud but a serious case of theft and exploitation.
                                      Can this contract be canceled and I be refunded.
                                      Currently I am receiving letters of demand from NuDebt on behalf of Netstar,
                                      I request my matter to be addressed.

Respond

Altech NetstarI Cannot get a detailed map report on my vehcile.

Account Number [protected]

First of all my tracking unit was not working for atleast a month.When the technician came out to fix my tracking unity he did not even test the unit and it was still not working .I had to call in on numerous occasion to get the location of my vehilce.Eighty oercent of the time i could not get a answer straight away they had to call me back and sometimes they told me they cannot locate my vehicle.I am not able to get a detailed map report on my tracker for a certain date and time that i am requesting.This is unaccepatbale as this is thje resaon for a tracking system, to track your vehilce at all times.Why do i pay for system that is of no use to me.