All My Sons Moving and Storagehorrible movers

Movers arrived 3 hours late.
2:55pm – Movers arrive. I went outside to meet them and the first thing the driver asked was “How much stuff do you have to move? Is it a lot?” I told him the size of our apartment and he started sighing and rubbing his face telling me that they just came from North Carolina and are tired and he can’t believe the “Office” are making them do this move.
3:10pm – After 15 minutes of backing up and aligning the truck, some more complaining, and a while of sitting in the truck, the guys finally came into the apartment. They walked around for 15 minutes, complaining even louder every time they saw a new room with items in it.
3:30pm – They said the start time was 3:15, because that is when they arrived. My husband had a hand truck with him, and they asked to use it because they only had ONE! They both loaded up a hand cart each with 3 boxes. They took his up to the truck and stopped half way (it was raining at this point) and left my boxes out in the rain for 10 minutes before coming back out of the truck.
4:00pm – After working in my bedroom to break down my bed (which I was told would be handled by the movers), I walked into my dining room to find the entire floor caked with Georgia red clay. There were footprints and hand truck tracks all over the beige carpet. I was livid.
4:05pm – I called the office to express my anger about the footprints, the complaining, and the constant beratement of each other. I spoke to Jimmy, who cut me off mid conversation and put me on speaker phone. At this point he said “Hey Stephen, listen to this, this is the job Irish is on.” He asked me to start over. I explained the situation AGAIN and Stephen Staffieri (who claimed to be the owner) said that he doubted that the carpet was as bad as I said. He said that if I had a proper cemented walkway the men wouldn’t have had to use the muddy way. We lived in a luxury apartment that has a cement walkway all the way to the front door. They chose to use the muddy way because, as They explained, “We would get too tired if we had to go up those stairs each time.” There were 8 stairs, and they were spread apart. Stephen then said that his men are professional and he doubted the legitimacy of the story. I told him to come over and check It out if he didn’t believe me. He said he was going to stop the move. At this point, They and had 25 or so boxes loaded already. We had to be out of the apartment by Sunday. I told him that wouldn’t work. He said he would see about sending someone else out on Sunday. Again, I stated that would not work. I needed this done now, professionally. He said he’d call me back.
4:20pm – I came into the apartment and they had laid down cardboard on our carpet. They came over to me and told me that they are sorry about the mud, but they had to take they muddy way down. He said they are going to stop the clock until it stops raining.
5:09pm – They came back from the truck – having disappeared for almost an hour. It stopped raining 45 minutes prior. One guy said he has a bad knee and he almost fell outside and this job is too much for them, they shouldn’t have to do it. He told me to make the call to his boss, Eric, and tell him I wanted to reschedule for tomorrow morning. I did not want to do this. At this point, my husband had left to take his fourth load of stuff to the house with his father. They had no problem getting things done in the rain. My father in law is 69 years old! So I am in my home with these men and one is yelling about the office and how this job is horrible and he’s not going to do it and telling me to call his boss and stop the moving. I called his boss, partially out of fright and partially to make him shut up. I told Eric that he asked me to call him and say I wanted to cancel the move until tomorrow morning. Eric asked me to have this guy call him.
5:14pm – They called back to the office and spoke with Jimmy. Jimmy told him to get the job done. They kept yelling that it was raining and I said to cancel the move. He told Jimmy he wouldn’t be in tomorrow and hung up the phone.
5:30pm – They started working again in full force. At this point, one took over as leader. 10 minutes later, a third guy arrived and in the next 40 minutes, they had our entire apartment loaded. They refused to unhook the washer and dryer (which we were told would also be disconnected and re-hooked up.)
6:35pm – We arrived at our new home and they started to unload. They complained some more about having to take things upstairs. They tossed boxes around and banged into walls with things. One guy would bring a couple boxes in and then go outside for 10 minutes or so between each load. He was hardly working.
7:50pm – The third guy left, job was finished.
8:30pm – It took 40 minutes to have these other two men leave my home. I had a house full of family and kids and these men were causing a scene. One even wound up getting fired over the phone, and screaming in my kitchen as well. Absolutely unacceptable. As I unpacked that night, my crock-pot and some dishes were smashed. A box I had with paperwork was soaked completely through. My dryer no longer works (and it worked fine just 3 hours before they arrived). It is also all scratched up. I counted 13 dirty handprints on the walls, I counted 22 scratches/gouges on my walls and doors. On top of this, my carpet in the apartment is so coated in clay, that I will inevitably owe money at move out (which is official today).

I AM LIVID. I since went online to find many statements like this and heard from the property mgmt in my old apartment that several people have had the same experience. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS. I am posting my experience everywhere I can find to warn people about the mistake of working with All My Sons. Not only do I have property damage and loss (which aren’t you guys insured and should take care of this?) but this experience and these men (including the men at the office) ruined my moving day. I hope that this information finally makes you want to do something about this office in Roswell, GA. UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, VIOLATION OF PROPERTY, INACCURATE TIME RECORDS, NON CUSTOMER ORIENTED MGMT OFFICE, DISRESPECT TO CUSTOMERS, INAPPROPRIATE ATTITUDES AND LANGUAGE IN FRONT OF MINORS

• Co
    Col. Joeseph x. Wilder Oct 10, 2009

I had an extremely good experience with All My Sons. The damage and items you discuss "13 dirty handprints on the walls, I counted 22 scratches/gouges on my walls and doors" honestly sounds like you are looking for something for nothing. I am military and have had many moves...honestly we chose Peachtree, as they had moved us before, and they called us with "a truck down" and we were in a bad situation. We had several other folks recommed All My Sons so we called them. They got to us same day and did a phenomenal move for us on 10-3-09. It sounds like your experience was not great, however, don't exagerate.