Menu
Home Utility Services Alabama Power being direspected in front of everyone

Alabama Power review: being direspected in front of everyone

T
Author of the complaint
12:12 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went into the Jasper Al office to pay my bill and get service turned on at my new house that my ex wife lived in til the divorce was final and the teller there Amanda looked on the computer and seen there was a big bill here from my ex wife (Tracy Lynnn) so she called manger od branch James down and when he came! Manda started yelling at me telling me that this bill had to be paid in full so everyone in there knew my business it was really embarrassing. Neither of them would listen to what had to sashe just kept yelling at me. I told them I took my name off of the account 4 years ago when I got my other place in Guin Al and started service with you all. I am disabled and get my check on the 3rd of the month and was wanting to pay my bill and me how much it would cost to turn power on here I even asked if I could pay a lil on ex wife bill just so I could get service cause I need it I wear a CPap and have to have it. She yelled as loud as she could and said no and would not take any money. I now live on a small power plant with my family of 5 and will not allow me to wear my CPap. I don't understand how my ex can have electric but I cannot and it is her bill. I have proof I did not live there and they would not even look at that. Then they said I tried 2 years ago to get it turned on and I never called them. I am thinking about getting a lawyer for iscrimination against a disabled person and belittling me in a building full of people when there was no reason for it. I know I would get way morfrom them then what the bill is and would work it out with them with someone who will not yell at me and treat me like dog. I asked them to remove the medical tag since I no longer lived there this was Jan08 knowing the bill was paid. In May of 08 Tracy Lynn had to move out cause the power was turned off cause she. Called me in Guin Al wanting me to pay for itcause she waisted her money for our kid. Me and my new wife just got married and we have 3 kids which one is disabled and have no electric. How can we fix this with out going to court cause I pay my bill every 3rd and I pay it in full so I don't know why I am getting treated this way. Please contact me to resolve this matter. Thank and May God Bless You!

More Alabama Power complaints & reviews

Alabama Power - bad service
Alabama Power - collection procedures
Alabama Power - deceased moms bill
Alabama Power - budget billing
Alabama Power - bill is strangely high but no help from reps.
Alabama Power - undue harrassment