[Resolved] Airtel / Puk Numberunable to get puk number!

I was traveling to Bangalore and bought a new handset there. While configuring the new handset accidentally put the wrong code. My phone was blocked and wanted the PUK Number. I called Airtel customer care and it was answered by the customer care executives in Bangalore. They were unable to provide me with the PUK number as their Application was not working. Requesting me to send an SMS from any Airtel number with message as PUK <SIM No.> to 222.

In a new city I managed to find few people who were willing to send SMS to help me unlock my phone. But all their SMS went in vain as they got the standard response "This service is currently unavailable". I got in touch with Customer care again and they wanted me to make STD calls to Delhi Customer care as my mobile number was from Delhi. Getting through the automated response took on an average of 10 mins and at the end the system would disconnect me without putting me through a customer care executive.

I started making requests at 9:00 pm and till midnight couldn't get through any customer executive in Delhi or to my PUK number. The surprising factor was that at one point I asked the customer service executive (Mr. Ram) to send the SMS even giving him my SIM number. But even though he works for Airtel he prefers using a service provider other than Airtel!!! Makes me wonder how stupid I was to have had this number in the first place...

Btw the Airtel.com site also does not have a facility for the user to login and get his PUK number online.

RESOLVED

• Updated by Airtel Presence · May 19, 2013

Namaste (ANIYIKAYE),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 17 May 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at [email protected]

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    airtelpresence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd
    [email protected]

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
    Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33

• Updated by Airtel Presence · May 20, 2013

Namaste (ANIYIKAYE),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 17 May 2013 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, hence, we have sent a sms for the same. Please share the required details with us at [email protected]

Regards
    Sandeep Kumar
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd
    [email protected]

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
    Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33

Rajan Kanda Oct 13, 2007

I completely agree with this complaint. I share this experience. I landed up entering wrong PIN number by mistake and my card too was blocked. First up, it was so darn difficult to get connected to a customer care person and when that was possible after an ordeal, I was given different treatment!!!

One of the customer care personnel hung up on me!!! Another one called Santhosh told me that the systems are under upgrade and there is no help available for me until the 15th of Oct (this call was made on 14th October around 12 to 12:45 AM)

Since two different people had already given me different response, I thougth I might as well try once more and this time it worked. Someone nice and professional called Ravi was there to receive the call. He was helpful. After due verification, he gave me my PUK Number and was nice enough to explain things to me.

Warranty costs and break-fix costs are built into product or Service costs. We pay for the customer care every month whether or not we use it. And if once we need to use the customer care, we should certainly deserve better attention. Customer care is not charity. It is a right of the customer for which the customer pays... These guys need to understand this.

I will change my service provider very soon.

The evil of the world exists by the sanction you give to it!

Rajan Kanda -
    +91-9972095978.

• Av
    avishek mishra Dec 05, 2007

my phone no. is 9936388091,my phone is blocked,it is asking for the puk code,how will i unlock this,i am using an airtel connection.

Maytas Infra Limited Mar 15, 2008

my phone No. is 9935167430, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

Sanjay Mittal

jayaselvin Mar 26, 2008

my cell no.9791821790
    my sim locked

jayaselvin Mar 26, 2008

my phone No. is 9791821790, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Am
    amit kumar Mar 27, 2008

my cell no.9791821790
    please
    my phone No. is 9895673047, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Am
    amit kumar Mar 27, 2008

amit kumar
    my cell no.9895673047

ravi Apr 07, 2008

my phone No. is 9971184339, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this & imei no. is 358973/01/444033/9, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Sh
    SHRADUL GUPTA Apr 13, 2008

my airtel number is 9910688028 my pin is blocked and i require a puk code so please contact me on 27891470 for my puk code

• Mu
    munesh parmar Apr 20, 2008

my airtel number is 9932489476 my pin is blocked and i require a puk code so please contact me on 9734484415 for my puk code

• Vi
    vinay May 02, 2008

hi can anyone tell how to unlock airtel sim puk code.the sim is a.p can u mail me how to unlock to my mail id [email protected]

anil May 05, 2008

my number is 9950528213. please give my puk code.

Manoj Kumar Kalai May 12, 2008

manoj kumar
    my cell no.9862115391
    please
    my phone No. is 9862115391, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Pu
    Pushkar May 12, 2008

Whoever wants a PUK no. for their sim, call Customer care for it by some other no. or goto the Airtel Office.

By the way Remember the default PIN no. is 1234

• Ss
    ssamir kumar Jun 01, 2008

cell no. 9866054851
    visakhapatnam
    my pin is blocked.T know my PUK no. but i do not know pin no. Can i get my pin no. on my e-mail ID ?

Javier Jun 03, 2008

I need my Puk Code
    My cell number is 1-662-401-4517
    Can i get my pin no. on my e-mail ID ?

• Ba
    Balu Eknath Salave Jul 05, 2008

My Mob no is 9892088678. Please send me the PUK No

RAVI SOLANKI Jul 06, 2008

MY PHONE IS BLOCKED AND ASK PUK CODE MY SIM NO. IS 89917007032251364845

• Ne
    Nemi Nath Jain Jul 07, 2008

my mobile no. is 9971922909. this has been blocked because of entering wrong pin no. by mistake. Please send me my PUK code. my sim no. is 8991100207106536503

rashid khan Jul 13, 2008

my cell no.9950525267
    my sim locked

• Au
    Aunkumar Jul 17, 2008

Hi,

My number is 09971129394.

Please provide me PUK number as I entered my Pin number wrongly and the phone has been locked out.

Thanks

chaitanya Jul 22, 2008

my cell no. 09998497179 send me puk no. i forgot my pin no.. thnks

• Ha
    Harry Jul 31, 2008

I have tried sms to 222 and it gives the PUK number in 1 sec.

all you have to do is, from any working airtel phone sms PUK <sim number> to 222.

jagjeet singh Aug 04, 2008

my Mob. no. 9878495858 plz send me puk no.

• Vi
    Vijay Bhadorriya Aug 11, 2008

my phone no. is 9955263293, my phone is blocked, it is asking for the puk code, how will i unlock this, i am using an airtel connection.

Thanks

Mu Number 9602503308

My Number 9602503308

• Sr
    sreenivasulu g Sep 02, 2008

my Artel Sim blocked with PUK code what am i doing, so i am sending message
    my Mobile No. 9704899005
    Sim No. 89914 90404 01145 98575 H 3

javedahmed Sep 13, 2008

my mobile no is 9801543203 pls send me PUK no

javedahmed Sep 13, 2008

my phone is locked and pls send me puk no...
    sim no ... H-2 8991522100003699216

• Su
    sumit nirala Sep 30, 2008

my mobile no is +919799204185 its a airtel no. i am from rajasthan, my sim card is blocked please give me the accurate PUK no soon.

saurav Oct 10, 2008

wat d ### is wid dis ### puk code..???ma sim is blocked m unable 2 get d puk n evn airtel cusmoter help line is block 4 ma other no...dont now wat 2 do.m in roaming now...ne soln???

• Mi
    mitesh Oct 20, 2008

mumbai airtel consumers email me your number for puk will provide you

chandu Oct 24, 2008

my name is madhugoud airtel retailer no 9949457883
    please send puk code for mobile number 9975152171
    sim no 8991900705248025451
    he was an maharastra airtel subscriber.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices