[Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number — unable to get puk number!
I was traveling to Bangalore and bought a new handset there. While configuring the new handset accidentally put the wrong code. My phone was blocked and wanted the PUK Number. I called Airtel customer care and it was answered by the customer care executives in Bangalore. They were unable to provide me with the PUK number as their Application was not working. Requesting me to send an SMS from any Airtel number with message as PUK <SIM No.> to 222.
In a new city I managed to find few people who were willing to send SMS to help me unlock my phone. But all their SMS went in vain as they got the standard response "This service is currently unavailable". I got in touch with Customer care again and they wanted me to make STD calls to Delhi Customer care as my mobile number was from Delhi. Getting through the automated response took on an average of 10 mins and at the end the system would disconnect me without putting me through a customer care executive.
I started making requests at 9:00 pm and till midnight couldn't get through any customer executive in Delhi or to my PUK number. The surprising factor was that at one point I asked the customer service executive (Mr. Ram) to send the SMS even giving him my SIM number. But even though he works for Airtel he prefers using a service provider other than Airtel!!! Makes me wonder how stupid I was to have had this number in the first place...
Btw the Airtel.com site also does not have a facility for the user to login and get his PUK number online.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Airtel / Puk Number Complaints & Reviews
- Airtel - don't trust airtel!
- Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms!
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent
- Airtel Prepaid - id proof related
- Airtel - refund of money through dd
- Airtel - screw the airtel
- Airtel - extortion of money
- Airtel Call Home - "india one" is not 1 cent per minute. its a fraud
- Airtel - high billing on data usage and non information of exceeding account limit