Airtel / Puk Numberunable to get puk number!

E

I was traveling to Bangalore and bought a new handset there. While configuring the new handset accidentally put the wrong code. My phone was blocked and wanted the PUK Number. I called Airtel customer care and it was answered by the customer care executives in Bangalore. They were unable to provide me with the PUK number as their Application was not working. Requesting me to send an SMS from any Airtel number with message as PUK <SIM No.> to 222.

In a new city I managed to find few people who were willing to send SMS to help me unlock my phone. But all their SMS went in vain as they got the standard response "This service is currently unavailable". I got in touch with Customer care again and they wanted me to make STD calls to Delhi Customer care as my mobile number was from Delhi. Getting through the automated response took on an average of 10 mins and at the end the system would disconnect me without putting me through a customer care executive.

I started making requests at 9:00 pm and till midnight couldn't get through any customer executive in Delhi or to my PUK number. The surprising factor was that at one point I asked the customer service executive (Mr. Ram) to send the SMS even giving him my SIM number. But even though he works for Airtel he prefers using a service provider other than Airtel!!! Makes me wonder how stupid I was to have had this number in the first place...

Btw the Airtel.com site also does not have a facility for the user to login and get his PUK number online.

RESOLVED

• Updated by Airtel Presence · May 19, 2013

Namaste (ANIYIKAYE),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 17 May 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at [email protected]

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    airtelpresence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
    Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33

• Updated by Airtel Presence · May 20, 2013

Namaste (ANIYIKAYE),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 17 May 2013 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, hence, we have sent a sms for the same. Please share the required details with us at [email protected]

Regards
    Sandeep Kumar
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

my name: RUKMUDDIN KALADGI
    please send puk code to ON THIS MAIL ID

• As
    ASHOK KUMAR TRIPATHI Jan 03, 2015

my Artel Sim blocked with PUK code what am i doing, so i am sending message
    my Mobile No. [protected]
    Sim No. 89919881104468347161H3
    ASHOK TRIPATHI

• Ps
    p.sakthi Oct 15, 2013

my name: p.sakthivel
    please
    my phone No. is [protected], my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Mm
    m malhotra Oct 09, 2013

my mobile number is [protected] please send my puk number to [email protected]

• Mm
    m malhotra Oct 09, 2013

my air tell no [protected] please send my puk no to [email protected] com

dipak subedi Jun 03, 2013

puk code plz

ANIYIKAYE May 17, 2013

my airtel number is [protected] my pin is blocked and i require a puk code so please contact me on [protected] for my puk code

• Ol
    OLAKUNLE ALADEJANA Apr 17, 2013

My Name is OLAKUNLE ALADEJANA Airtel No.[protected] I need the SIM PUK no . i ve misplaced it. thanks

Manjeet1010 Sep 03, 2011

cell no [protected]
    please send puk code to

sailesh kumar netam Jun 09, 2011

my cell no [protected] My sim block puk code please

diraj May 16, 2011

diraj May 16, 2011

my mob. no. is [protected]
    my sim is locked. give puk no.

jayaint May 13, 2011

• Vi
    virendrakt Apr 28, 2011

please send me

• Ab
    Abjal Apr 24, 2011

IMPORTANT:
    For getting PUK code of a Airtel number, send PUK<space>PhoneNumber to toll free number 52212.You will receive PUK code for the specified no from the service provider.
    NOTE:
    1) Make sure you type PUK in Capital letters.
    2) Provide space after PUK.
    3) Type 10 digit mobile number.
    4) Make sure you use anohter Airtel service phone to send sms to 52212.
    eg:
    PUK [protected] and send it to 52212.
    5) You will receive PUK no from service provider as reply.
    6) Type PUK no and enter New PIN code as 0000 or 1234.
    Thanks & Regards

• Ni
    nikhil k Mar 11, 2011

hello sir,
    my sim is blocked please provide me PUK No, for me.
    my mob no. is :[protected]

Puk code please

• Sr
    srirm Feb 01, 2011

dear sir,
    my mobile number is:[protected] and my mobile asking puk code pls send me. when u see this message and pls reply me quick ... MY EMAIL ID IS [email protected]

THANKING YOU

yours faithfully
    R.SRIRAM

• Mi
    mithu kola Dec 03, 2010

MY CELL NO .[protected]

• Su
    sunilsahumohandi Nov 25, 2010

sir my sim is blocked and ask puk code please puk code my sim no. is

• Aj
    ajay05 Sep 17, 2010

my phone no. is [protected], my phone is blocked, it is asking for the puk code, how will i unlock this, i am using an airtel connection.

sameer_chopra Sep 05, 2010

my phone No. is [protected], my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No. please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

from : sagar

reqd puk code...urgent...
    pls

• Go
    Gowrisankaran Jul 13, 2010

My number [protected] gets blocked I want puk code to unblock it.Can anyone send me puk code to [email protected]

Joe.Felix Jul 04, 2010

need my Puk Code
    My cell number is [protected]
    Can i get my pin no. on my e-mail ID ?

• Bo
    boggo Mar 05, 2010

• Ha
    halimat Jan 25, 2010

i need my puk code, my number is [protected]

• Mu
    murugananda Oct 30, 2009

[protected] sim no89914500040109501137 My PUK no blocked Can i get my pin no. on my e-mail ID [email protected]

• He
    helpplease33 Oct 26, 2009

Hello Sir,

My sim is blocked please provide me PUK No. for me.

Sim No. is - [protected]

My email is helppl[email protected]

Thanks in Advance.

• Si
    siva prasadh Sep 13, 2009

i want my puk code
    my no. is [protected]
    i want it now itself urgent...pls help me...

• Ev
    Evil Mind Aug 25, 2009

Why dont you people call to Airtel Customer care, i blocked my sim desperately and called customer care, they gave me step by step instructions how to unblock my sim,
    Cheers
    Evil Mind

• Sr
    srinivas pai Aug 17, 2009

My cell number is [protected].
    by entering wrong pin code it has been locked..
    so, please send my puk code.
    please send it in my id ([email protected])

• Va
    varsha p Aug 07, 2009

my sim is blocked by mistake. now its asking for PUK code. Please help me out. my mobile number is = [protected] email: [email protected]

• Si
    siddhesh kadam Jul 26, 2009

my cell no. [protected]
    mt sim blocked
    i need puk code as soon as possible
    my mail is [email protected]

my cell no is [protected]
    my sim blocked
    my sim no is [protected]
    puk no please
    my email id is [email protected]

• Ni