AirHelpsubject: request for compensation for inhuman and unhealthy treatment

My request for compensation is sequel to ill treatment received from Air France Officials at Charles De Gualle International Airport and other passengers Re: Request for compensation for inhuman and unhealthy treatment Air France flight AF0344 from Paris enroute Montreal to Toronto on 25th September, 2019 during which our flight was delayed and subsequently canceled.

(1) The Air France official called the police to embarras passengers due to their failure to provide hotel accommodation caused by flight delay and subsequent cancellation.

(2)  They also resorted to sectional and preferential treatments of all passengers and ended up abusing passengers' rights.

(3) It is unbelievable for Air France that claims to be the best in aviation business could subject passenger(s) and travellers to such an inhuman and unhealthy treatment.

(4) I boarded the flight on 24th September with other passengers from Lagos to terminate in Toronto on 25th September 2019.

(5) We got Paris to continue with the journey only to  be informed at the boarding gate  that they were having technical issue(s) and as such the flight was to be delayed for another hour.

(6) We all waited for the expiration of the time given. Again, there was further announcement that, they are still awaiting for further directives on the flight schedule, only to be told that the flight was finally cancelled at about17:30hours.

(7) The cancelation resulted in me to miss my appointments in Toronto on the 25th of September 2019.

(8) Thereafter,   we were instructed to report at a location to be booked for hotel accommodation. We all lined up for this process but to my disappointment we were told that only those that in possession of SENGHE visa should move to a particular location while those of us without SENGHE visa should go to Air France desk to be attended to.

(9) We all queued to be attended to on  first come, first served basis, but to our consternation, the Air France officials on the desk were  busy bringing flights papers and or documents behind the door to the official on the desk for immediate provision of hotel accommodation to certain passengers on the same line without informing anyone the reason for this preferential treatment.

(10) The act was very unethical and unprofessional.

(11) Please note that the airline staff actions or attitudes jeopardized our chances of being able to be booked into an hotel until they have exhausted or fully occupied.

(12) we were made to sleep in the lounge while others are cooling off in a five-star hotel accommodation.

(13) This is totally unacceptable.

(14) More worrisome and embarrassing  is the decision of one of the  official ( a Lady) who on assumption  that I and one other male passenger were traveling to the same destination had the gut to wanting to book me into a  single room with strange person whom I have no idea  about.

(15) My refusal to batch me with a stranger in a single accommodation anger her and internationally gave another person.

(16) Of course, those of us that were not provided for, started complaining but the airline officials turned deaf ear to our complaint and being overwhelmed by our complaint, one of them felt the best action to take is to call the police on passengers who were exhausted after a long flight.

(17) The police succeeded in forcing passengers away from the Air France desk.

(18) Note, this Act of intimidation and harassment shouldn't happen to passengers who were demanding for reasonable accommodation and genuine demand.

(19) Please note that your passengers paid for the services and they are expected to be treated like human beings and not like animals.

(20)   The act has dehumanizing effects for those of us that were treated in this manner.

(21) The airline staff abandoned us and we were left to our faith, hence we ended up sleeping inside the lounge like REFUGEES.

(22) Even at the lounge, we were not allowed to take our bath.

*** As a woman this looks awful for not able to tidy up and refresh.*

*** Please find the  attached flight tickets and boarding passes and some pictures for your perusal and necessary action.

In view of the above, I am demanding from the Airline a reward/compensation for failing to meet the basic standard expected of flying passengers worldwide and falling short in satisfying and meeting these expectations during my flight on Air France.

Sincerely,