Menu

J
Author of the complaint
5:25 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi there.

I had two return flights on 22 April 2022, the first was Napier to Auckland, then Auckland to Sydney. I had an infant 16mo and was flying alone with him.

I had one checked in luggage of 23kgs and a travel stroller that folded for travel.

At Napier airport when I checked in I asked if they could not check my stroller in to Sydney as I needed it to get from domestic to international as I had a connecting flight and was travelling alone with an infant 16mo. the concierge assured me that my stroller is to be collected at Auckland baggage claim and my 23kg checked in suitcase would go direct to Sydney.

I explained I need it to be as a carry on as I definitely need the stroller, and both women assured me it would be at baggage claim in Auckland, I explained flying over to Napier they were able to do it for me and they said yes at baggage claim it will be there.

Once landed in Auckland I waited at baggage claim to find my stroller did not arrive after 25-30mins of every other passenger collecting their bags. When I checked with the service desk he said it had been checked in directly to Sydney.

Luckily I did have someone to meet me at the airport and drive me from domestic to international, but my flight was late leaving and landing, and the time wasted waiting for my stroller I only had 20 mins to go through customs and get to my gate, whilst holding a 11kg infant the entire time. I did not have time to change him or feed him, no help and made my plane in time, boarding with my child screaming for thirty mins until the seatbelt sign went off to feed and change him.

I was not offered the bassinet which would have helped me with not holding him the entire time, and once I got off the plane I had to carry him once again through terminal, to baggage claim and through customs.

It is very stressful flying with a child on my own, the trip to NZ wasnt as bad because I was lucky to have my stroller otherwise I don’t know how I would have coped. The return trip was extremely stressful and had I not have had false information or if my request of having my stroller when I land in Auckland as they assured me was met it may have made things a lot easier for me

More Air New Zealand complaints & reviews