Air India / erroneous deduction of money from my account.

room No 69, Kashmir house, Rajaji Marg, New Delhi, India Review updated:

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am Lt Col Devi Prasad Achary, Officer in Armed Forces, Age 39 yrs with Flying Returns Nenbership Number [protected]. I presently reside at T 13 A, Bairds Place Delhi Cantt. The Official address is as mentioned above.

Complaint

I tried to book a ticket in Air India on Mar 13 at around 1830h. The flight was from New Delhi to Guwahati, Flight No AI 891 for an amount of rupees 4745/- (Four Thousand Seven Hundred Fourty Five Rupees only). The transaction was completed and the amount was deducted from my credit card bearing machine number [protected]. I received the confirmation of the same though the SMS in the registered mobile number. However, the ticket was not generated by your Department.

I contacted the authorities and they asked me to wait for an hour and contact them again if my account is not credited with the amount. The PNR No they gave was HZXB1. I contacted them after an hour. They informed me at around 2000hrs that the ticket has not been generated and the money will be credited to the concerned bank within 24 hours.

They asked me to go for a fresh reservation. I did the same for the second time at 2100hrs in the same flight that i was booking earlier and the ticket got generated and an amount of rupees 4745/- (Four Thousand Seven Hundred Fourty Five Rupees only) was again transacted from my credit card account.

I want to bring across the point that, the first transaction that happened was correct but non generation of ticket is erroneous on the part of the Air India Authorities and I ultimately landed up spending doubble the amount for the fare.

I was asked to wait for 24 hour i.e upto 1830 hrs on Mar 14. However, I am yet to receive the amount in my account.

I tried contacting the customer care number many a times but, I couldnot get connected.

Apropos, May I request you to find out the authenticity of the transaction and transfer an amount of 4745/- (Four Thousand Seven Hundred Fourty Five Rupees only) to my account at the earliest.

Regards.

Ki
Mar 16, 2019

Comments

•   Apr 05, 2019

Lt Col Devi Prasad Achary,

It is not the Air india carrier site. But the site for the public complaints.

You have been misguided by, probably, unqulified staff of Air India air carrier,
    when they had issued PNR HZXB1 without the e-ticket, which is a part of PNR.

If the Air india air carrier failed to issue the e-ticket within 24 hours following your paymnet,
    I advise you to look at the document - an extract realted the trasaction in amount of Rs 4745/-,
    which you own in your bank records.

You can aply for a refund by submitting the complaint ion-line in your bank.
    The duty of your bank is to refund Rs 4745/- within 15 or 21 days (I do not remember the term now)
    subject to the gudelines of the Reserve Bank of India (no service provided, no document for the taxable transaction issued).

Also you can claim refund at the site of Air India carrier,
    which have a duty to refund within 7 days, if they failed to generate e-ticket to your email or to your phone.

sr manager for ICAO / IATA irregulation matters