Air India / erroneous deduction of money from my account.
Dear Sir/ Madam
I am Lt Col Devi Prasad Achary, Officer in Armed Forces, Age 39 yrs with Flying Returns Nenbership Number [protected]. I presently reside at T 13 A, Bairds Place Delhi Cantt. The Official address is as mentioned above.
I tried to book a ticket in Air India on Mar 13 at around 1830h. The flight was from New Delhi to Guwahati, Flight No AI 891 for an amount of rupees 4745/- (Four Thousand Seven Hundred Fourty Five Rupees only). The transaction was completed and the amount was deducted from my credit card bearing machine number [protected]. I received the confirmation of the same though the SMS in the registered mobile number. However, the ticket was not generated by your Department.
I contacted the authorities and they asked me to wait for an hour and contact them again if my account is not credited with the amount. The PNR No they gave was HZXB1. I contacted them after an hour. They informed me at around 2000hrs that the ticket has not been generated and the money will be credited to the concerned bank within 24 hours.
They asked me to go for a fresh reservation. I did the same for the second time at 2100hrs in the same flight that i was booking earlier and the ticket got generated and an amount of rupees 4745/- (Four Thousand Seven Hundred Fourty Five Rupees only) was again transacted from my credit card account.
I want to bring across the point that, the first transaction that happened was correct but non generation of ticket is erroneous on the part of the Air India Authorities and I ultimately landed up spending doubble the amount for the fare.
I was asked to wait for 24 hour i.e upto 1830 hrs on Mar 14. However, I am yet to receive the amount in my account.
I tried contacting the customer care number many a times but, I couldnot get connected.
Apropos, May I request you to find out the authenticity of the transaction and transfer an amount of 4745/- (Four Thousand Seven Hundred Fourty Five Rupees only) to my account at the earliest.
More Air India Complaints & Reviews
- Air India - lost baggage and incompetent service 
- Air India - compensation problem 
- Air India - stolen items from checked baggage 
- Air India - ltc - 80 fare
- Air India - poor customer service, missed flights 
- Air India - bad service provided and did not allow to travel even 40 minutes left of departure time
- Air India - compensation for delayed flight 
- Air India - non refund of ticket charges for the leg of journey for which the flight was cancelled by air india
- Air India - refusal of in-flight service and rude behaviour by flight attendant
- Air India - flying returns : anand p prakash : membership # 132043265