Air Canada Aeroplanfraud and cheating!

J

Aeroplan's customer service is completely irresponsible. I redeemed 14, 00 points for a $100 gift card that never arrived. It was a Mother's Day gift but it hadn't arrived by July, though it took them about 2 days to take off the points. I followed their complaint procedure.

1) I reported the problem in the logged-in section of the website through a form. Received a form letter saying they couldn't resolve the issue and I had to phone, which I did from my residence in Japan. I got a system that kept me on hold and then a representative quickly transferred me to another system that dropped the connection.

2) Wrote another form complaint about not being able to get through, received the same form letter as above. It was obvious at this point that only machines were "reading" the letters. Waste of my time to write them.

3) Called again long distance form Japan to try to resolve the issue. Quickly told the representative that I and was calling from Japan and not to let the connection drop. She did get me through to a live customer service representative, who told me that she would resolve the issue within a week. But she wanted me to send copies of the emails to another address, attention to her name, right away, which I did.

4) I never received a a refund or even an acknowledgment of the emails. I wrote another letter to her at the same address and received no response. Did this person abscond with my refund, I'm starting to wonder?

I consider it egregious that Aeroplan, an aggressive marketer, sending me WEEKLY junk emails of advertising specials , doesn't actually have to provide a product that you "buy". And they don't have the time to respond to customer complaints, obviously. If anyone has an address for a director or higher-up that I could contact I would be grateful.

In the meantime I recommend that you don't try redeeming through Aeroplan for things other than flights.

• Un
    unhappykelly Jun 28, 2010

If you want to sign up for this class action suite you can do so online at:
    These thieves must be stopped. I lost 40, 000 points today, and only noticed when expecting to book a trip to Mexico for a family wedding, after years of saving points through business travel. Down with Areoplan!!! I will actively post everyone so you can all get involved also.

markds Oct 21, 2017

@unhappykelly Very true. A crap organisation

Anne Nonymous Dec 30, 2009

There is a class action against Aeroplan regarding their practice of wiping points from customer's accounts: http://www.merchantlaw.com/classactions/aeroplan.php