Aeroplanair miles removed without notice

J Review updated:

All of my air miles have been removed from my account at Aeroplan because of no recent activity. I was not notified because they did not have my recent addresses. They did have my phone number and city of residence. When I called they said they have no leniency and they don't care if I want to hold this against Air Canada.

So much for having been a loyal customer!

• Updated by Brendan Kelly · Apr 24, 2017

How can I lodge a complaint with a 350 character limit? And what's with the 'select complaint category' with what seems like a google-plex of choices, none of which are relevant to this issue?

• Updated by Charles B Small · Nov 03, 2019

Aeroplan Number: 938 000 114
    I have not received any frequent flyer points for my Avis rentals in the UK.
    United Kingdom rental agreement number 185806585
    Rental period: 25 June 2019 - 25 July 2019, 30 Days
    United Kingdom rental agreement number 693278165
    Rental period: 25 July 2019 - 17 August 2019, 24 Days
    give me an address to send you copies

• De
    Dean Ford Nov 14, 2007

I had the same experience. I tried to log on to the web site and got a message to call customer service. When I called, they informed me that my account had been suspended for inactivity. The nice lady on the other end did rub salt in the wound, by telling me that they trashed enough points for any short haul flight. Three years of inactivity used to get your account suspended; now it is one year! Anyway, I suggested that the new policy perhaps sucked (I used a more polite phase), and the nice lady reminded me that it was a loyalty program. I have never really enjoyed flying on Air Canada, this was just icing on the cake. The new Aeroplan is more like an anti-loyalty program if you ask me.

• Ar
    Arthur Retnakaran Apr 15, 2008

I retired 3 years ago and like many others I was hoping to use my air miles for a vacation. Yertrday (14 april 2008) I learnt from Aeroplan that my air miles had expired because I did not answer an E-mail sent in 2007 to me. I never received it because they sent it to my work address. They sent me a copy of it to me yesterday. I think this should be totally illegal. The girl had the audacity to tel me that I could buy back the air miles at 1 cent per mile plus taxes! I think the government should step in and correct this situation.

• Ir
    Iris Lee Sep 15, 2015

I a having the same problem, my air miles points were eliminated without any notification, only showed 26 points from Esso, why ?
    I made trip to Europe with Air Canada flight just 2 years ago, why all points disappeared ??
    I have been member since 2001, why this would happen to me as a loyal member ? this is a critical issue and please investigate !

• Vi
    vic123 Aug 13, 2018

I would like to express my frustration with Aimia not accepting the offer from Air Canada. It was a very fair offer and has disappointed millions of customers. I do not think Aimia truly understands the ramifications of its decision. I do not think I am alone with saying I will leave Aeroplan as soon as possible.
    Victor

• Dm
    Dmitri Perepelov Aug 15, 2018

I saw Aeroplan miles previously credited - disappearing from my account without trace. When I called them asking for explanations - they told me if they don't see it in the system, that means the miles never got posted, and I should contact the partner for missing miles. When I continued asking for explanations - they simply hang up on me.

markds Sep 10, 2018

I have been an aeroplan member for 20 years and whenever I try and book any ticket I can never find any availability. It's the most mom trusted alliance I have ever made.
    What seems to be the problem
    Mark d'souza

• Tr
    trang tran Sep 18, 2018

- my Aeroplan number is 543 727 887

- I have not received any mail or email reminding me for expire date

- these Aeroplan miles are paid from my own money

- why did you take away my miles

- I would like to have them back without paying any money

• 33
    333c Oct 14, 2018

Attempt to book a hotel and its giving me an error. I called customer service with no resolution. I will bring this to CBC if Im not contacted about this 647-772-8467

Jana Saito Oct 28, 2018

I am trying to book a vacation through their website but I keep getting a consistent 400 500 Error Page. A company this big with this primitive coding is far from being accepted.

• Br
    Brendan Kelly Nov 05, 2018

Call 7:10am, agent mumbles welcome. Tried booking flight online, no go. ... your system works fine! - I am an idiot! Don't like your tone, he denied and continued his banter. What? A $30 online booking charge, your online booking dock is caput, don't fault us! Hung up frustrated, f - bombed the guy. Shameful, me and you! No sunny day! (Abridged)!

• Dj
    djervv Nov 12, 2018

Hi,

I have been using Aeroplan since 2007 and been slowing accumulating miles, last time I checked I had almost 15, 000 miles. When I checked my account today I noticed I have a balance which is quite upsetting. Please advise soonest. Thanks.

Victoria

Sara Fernando Mar 03, 2019

I am 74 yrs senior, , I need to know why my miles expired..please add my miles to my account my card no 594-847-261 I see its expired 31 Jan 2019 ..I have no idea no one inform me. Kindly add my points back to me.. I used it at a Home Hard ware to not to expire and also at UPS. please add my points back thank you.

• Hi
    hien phan Oct 09, 2019

I requested missing miles via the tool online and it gave me "Your request could not be processed due to technical difficulties" message. There is no other option (such as email or contact us form to fill in) to contact except call. Calling their 1 800 361 5373 and waited for 1 hour and I am still not able to talk to someone.

Charles B Small Nov 09, 2019

Aeroplan Number: 938 000 114
    I have not received any frequent flyer points for my Avis rental in FRANCE.
    FRANCE rental agreement number 391983244
    Rental period: 19 August 2019 - 26 August 2019, 8 Days
    I have complained to AVIS in Australia and USA with no results.
    [email protected]