Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Airlines Air Arabia Inconvenience caused to Air Arabia passenger of Shj destination flight from Kochi

Air Arabia  - Inconvenience caused to Air Arabia passenger of Shj destination flight from Kochi

A
Author of the complaint
11:59 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mr Kaliyath Azeez & Mrs. Najeeba Azeez

Flight no. G9423

Date 5/02/2022

Time: 2AM

Seat no. 8E, F

Boarding Pass No.[protected], 503201

Excess Baggage Ticket no.1418698

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a senior citizen and my wife and I are frequent flyers to the UAE and have various travel experiences with different airlines.

However, I would like to bring to your attention a taxing incident that occurred before boarding Flight no. G9423 for Sharjah, flying out of Cochin International Airport, check in time 21.50 (4/2/22).

We had 3 check-in baggage; weighing a total of 57 kg (60kgs allowance), and two hand luggage of 7kgs each.

As weight is the limiting factor, each of our check in baggage had less than 30 kg.

Even though our total check in baggage weight was much lesser than our allowed quota,

We were asked to pay a penalty for the third bag during check-in.

Last year, while in Dubai on 8 January 2021, I had suffered a fall and broke my left shoulder and had to perform a surgery for the same after returning to India.

Even though we had traveler Insurance, we were denied the same, citing many reasons.

As a result, my left hand is partially immobile.

This is the reason we had split the luggage into three smaller bags.

Being a senior citizen with a partially immobile hand, we pleaded to let the smaller bags through.

It is quite apathetic how the staff at the counter reacted to that unfortunate situation.

Our offer to wrap together two bags to make it a single, went to deaf ears.

We were charged Rs 1090 as penalty.

Once we paid the penalty, the staff put one of our hand luggage to check in baggage, apparently to help us.

The logic of charging us a penalty for the third bag, while adding a fourth bag to the check-in perplexes us.

We are apprehensive whether the staff at the counter is authorized to do this.

Though we appreciate zero tolerance policy towards any dereliction of duty,

I wonder if this is justice to senior citizens like us, a lack of empathy causing nothing but stress and discomfort.

They also did not return a balance of Rs 10, which they promised to return before take off.

Even though the amount is negligible, we wonder if this is a common practice of extracting from passengers on a regular basis.

It is possible that you are unaware of these issues, and hence this open letter to you.

Your timely action will certainly go a long way in helping many passengers like us.

We would expect Air Arabia to maintain high levels of service excellence, tolerance and integrity.

It is heartening to note that UAE's leadership puts the happiness and welfare of people above all.

We trust and believe in the Happiness Ministry's initiatives to align and drive government policy to create social good and satisfaction.

The fact that I was denied insurance and the demeanor of the Air Arabia staff deeply pains us.

Our return is scheduled on 02/03/2022, Fight No. G9426. We would like to carry the same 3 check in luggage and 2 hand luggage pieces.

Kindly look into the unfortunate situation for resolution.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at my temporary Phone no. [protected]

or by mail: [protected]@gmail, com

Thanking you in advance for your consideration and attention to this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Kaliyath Azeez

Helpful? 0 0

More Air Arabia complaints & reviews

Air Arabia - refused to check in
Air Arabia - senior cabin crew sanjay lilani
Air Arabia - negligence towards walk in customers of air arabia superior officers at cochin office
0 comments