Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Health & Beauty Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care single tooth #7 implant
S
Author of the complaint
5:09 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went in for consultation on 10/8/2018. Met with dentist and discussed a single tooth implant on #7. Had x-rays and root extraction. Returned (on or about) November 5th for another exam and more x-rays. Three days later, when I got home I called Dr. Alexander because I was anxious about the x-ray showing the implant not straight. Dr. Alexander assured me that it was straight and not to worry, he said he would assure that I got the implant done no mater what.

January 15/2019, returned for implant screw to be put in and more x-rays. Dr. Alexander kept examining the x-rays for about 15 minutes. I asked why he kept looking at the x-rays and he said to make sure he had put the implant in so that the crown would be behind the tooth next to it. I looked at the x-rays from the chair I was lying on and could see the implant kind of off, not
straight. I asked him if the implant was crooked or out of line and he replied no that it was not, that the x-ray was an image of 3D and his assistant, Eric told me the same thing. Eric and a black lady T.C. got some plastic teeth samples and picked one they thought matched the rest of my teeth. They showed me the one they picked and asked me if I thought it matched without putting the sample against my teeth for me to see if it matched. I thought it odd that Dr. Alexander did not choose the color for my crown.

March 4th I went in to get the abutment and crown put in. Dr. Alexander said the gums had closed and he was going to have to open it up. I told him I had been experiencing throbbing pain since January and asked if I had an infection. He said no because the gums had sealed. If there was an infection the gums would have not sealed. He injected novacain into my gums, waited a few minutes and proceeded to drill a hole into my gums to make an opening for the implant to show.
He then told me he was putting temporary cement to put the crown in. I thought that was odd since the abutment is supposed to hold the tooth in. He said he hoped that the cement would hold it better. When Dr. Alexander gave me the mirror to see the results, I was appalled and speechless. He seemed proud of his work and asked me what I thought. I said I guess its ok. He said just ok? I told him the crown was higher than my other teeth and sticking out, not even with the other teeth. He said what do you want me to do? I thought, really? You don't know? Its as if wasn't acknowledging anything was wrong with his work. I told him bring the tooth down to match the rest and file down the crown so it will fit and not be sticking out. So he pulled the crown off and my gums started bleeding. The left the exam room and I could hear some drilling in the next to mine. Then I heard him tell the front office assistant to polish the crown. Then the assistant came in with the crown and cleaned off the cement and blood and put he crown in. I looked in the mirror and the tooth was still sticking out and was very unaligned with my other teeth. But wasn't as raised as before. I still don't chew on that side of my mouth.
The crown is higher than the other teeth so my bite is off. And there's a gap on one side of the crown because it protrudes and is overlapping on another tooth.

This is a botched up implant job. I asked Dr. Alexander and Eric if he had experience doing implants and they both told me yes that he had done many. Now I wonder if he had done denture or partial implants, and not upper single tooth implants. My gums have cuts and abrasions which I shouldn't have from having a crown put in.

Please help me get this botch job corrected. Dr. Alexander had two attempts and didn't get the job done correctly. I don't want him to do the 3rd attempt. I want another experienced dentist who will be honest. He has all the x-rays, I don't have anything but a dental bill/receipt and pain.

DeAndrae W. Alexander
9316 Tuscany Way
Austin, Texas 78754

More Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care complaints & reviews

Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care - horrible quality dentures and unacceptable service
Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care - they're awful
Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care - dental implant fell out in 6 months
Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care - fraud and cheating
Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care - beware of them
Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care - stay far, far away!
Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care - rude and racist dentist