AegisDebt Collection Calls

I am receiving calls from this collection agency for a debt owed by a person unrelated to me, whose name is dissimilar to mine, who never lived at this address, and, who apparently gave out my phone number as his.

I have already researched this company on the Internet.

Anyone have helpful information as to how to stop them.

More Aegis Complaints & Reviews

• Wt
    WTF? Sep 20, 2009

I know exactly what you are dealing with, these [censored] have called me for the last three years, asking for someone I don't know, and everytime I tell them it's not me, they still call and harass me. I even changed my cell number three times, it's unlisted, private, on the do not call list, and yet they still call!?! I think these people are buying phone numbers from the "do not call" list and then using that to find people. I did find out that the list IS FOR SALE!!! Yeah a company has to buy the list, every 90 days, to check for new numbers that they are not suppose to call. I think collection agencies are buying them and using them illegally!! What a freakin scam! My cell company is even trippin as to how they keep getting my cell number, so they have started their own "internal" research. All I can say to this crap is these people are so lucky we don't know where they walk the streets!!!

• Pf
    pfrey Nov 20, 2009

Hey WTF- are you calling them back at a toll-free number from your cell? If that's the case, even if you block your caller i.d. your number will be displayed calling a toll-free number, and that could be how they get it. It's an FCC regulation that the party who's paying for the call has the right to know what they're paying for, so blocked caller i.d. will not be blocked in that case. If you want to keep your number private, never call a toll-free number.

• Th
    THX550 Feb 26, 2011

These guys called me today, 5 times within 10 minutes. When I asked the caller for information BEFORE I began answering demands or questions to a stranger over the phone, I was met with hostility and threats. I was told, "I know all about the laws you think you know." A man came on the phone and misrepresented himself as "police" and told me my neighbors and friends would soon know all about my personal affairs. Being a retired police officer I simply asked him to stop calling then immediately filed a report with the local PD for Harassment, Impersonating a Public Official, and threats of Identity Theft. Lets see if they know the law as well as they think. My suggestion is to politely ask them to stop calling you then report EVERY violation of that request along with any other offense they may commit. Don't be intimidated or tricked into discussing any personal matters over the phone with some stranger.

• Ba
    Barabara Mar 28, 2011

Aegis called claiming my wife had un paid cellular bills from Sprint. My wife never had a Sprint account. They are randomly searching public records and harrassing individuals