Advance Telecom.comAdobe PDF 2009

G

Advance Telecom Inc ripped me off using Google Earth 4.3 as the bait and sucked me in to purchasing a 3 Year membership which included "unlimited software download & support". They make it seem as if they are selling a subscription to Google Earth Plus when in actuality they are not providing anything which is not available free of charge from Google. Indeed, they never even provided me with a link to download Google Earth 4.3. They use a video created by Google to demonstrate the capabilities of Google Earth 4.3; but then, when you click on the link to download that program, you are taken to their order page which lists their "membership" choices. I have lodged a complaint with Paypal (and await the outcome) and suggest that everyone who uses Paypal to buy anything through these people file a complaint also.

• Co
    Cornelis Groen Aug 17, 2008

On 24/05/08 I was tricked into buying a 'membership' to members-site.net, apparently run by Advance Telecom Inc. for US$68.74. As they worked through PayPal I supposed they were bona fide. But the only thing they seem to provide is "freeware" downloadable for free anywhere. I think this is a ripoff.

• Ri
    Richard Stuller Aug 25, 2008

I also got ripped off for PDF 9, thinking it was ADOBE. The set up a fake site that uses legitimate support links to a legitimate site, so you can't track them. What a scam and rip off and this was the first time I was dumb enough to fall for one of these.

• Pa
    Patti Ray Sep 23, 2008

I was also ripped off from Advance Telecom Inc. I paid through paypal and they say there is nothing they can do. That I have to go through Advance Telecom to get my money back. Of course they don't reply to my many emails. You would think that Paypal should have enough complaints againse this company that they wouldn't pay them anything anymore.
    DO NOT USE ADVANCE TELECOM FOR ANYTHING. Of course if you are reading this you probably have already been ripped off.

maulu ottavio Sep 26, 2008

bonjour j'attend le logiciel que je vous'e paye via paypal

• Pa
    Pappy Sep 28, 2008

Crooks indeed. Shame on me for not paying close attention. I thought I was making a donation to the shareware organization. My card company has been notified to hold payment We will see how it goes.

John Sep 29, 2008

I was also ripped off by Advance Telecom Inc. They sold me a downloadable version of Adobe Flash Player 9 for $49.95 which I found out is a free download. The download also did not run on my computer. I have filed a complaint with Pay Pal and am waiting for a response. I'll know better next time and if pay pal doesn't refund my money it will be the last time I use them too.

• Ca
    Carl R. Crabtree Oct 01, 2008

Just got ripped off by these people . They are very dvious but I should have been smarter. I'll complain to paypal but I doubt that they will do anything -they will get their fee for the transaction.

• Jg
    J.G.Jackson Oct 07, 2008

I think pay pal should be held responsible, I too was ripped off by these people, but pay pal keeps taking our money knowing that these people are a fraud.

• Je
    Jeanne Langeslag Oct 11, 2008

I, too, was ripped off to the tune of $66.74 just yesterday. I downloaded what I thought to be the PDF Reader. I found out that whatever I downloaded didn't work...wish I would have found these complaints before I paid with my hard earned cash...

• Ni
    Nick Caraturo Oct 20, 2008

Advance Telecom sharged me for a download that never happened. PayPal should be made to accept the problem and recover monies lost by those who trust PayPal. I will never use them again and I think others should do the same and maybe bring about a change.

• Sj
    SJC Nov 24, 2008

I was ripped off for $40.42 for 3 year subscription to TV on my PC promising unlimited free movie downloads, thousands of TV channels and movie channels etc. Many of the channels are blocked and there are no movie channels and the free movie downloads comes from installing Ares...which won't connect on my computer...searches go forever and come up with nothing.

I agree Paypal should not be taking money for something that they know is a scam. I hope everyone puts a dispute in with paypal about these people.

• Ke
    keep smoking Nov 29, 2008

ADVANCED TELACOM GOT ME FOR 22.00, RIPOFF. CONTACTING PAYPAL...

• St
    Steve Lowe Dec 03, 2008

I was also ripped off by this company. I was directed to download Torrent to search for movies and it won't connect with my computer. I am lodging a complaint with Paypal. Am also emailing Advance Telecom and will see if they bother to even reply.

• De
    debra Dec 03, 2008

Advanced telecom inc. is a big rip off. Paypal has also been contacted by me and I will see that these jerk-offs pay for taking advantage of everyone. Got me for 33.00 and no download for Roxio as promised.

• Ka
    katie Dec 03, 2008

on the 3/12/08 I got scammed by these stinkers too.paypal have not yet processed the payment but won't put a stop on it either.What they are telling me that I have to first let these ###s take my money and then put in a dispute! how ridiculous is that I am fortunate to be able to see what will happen but am unable to stop it from happening.The bank are unable to stop it as it isn't sghowing up in my account yet.SO FRUSTRATED!

• Be
    bethanne394 Dec 10, 2008

I was just scammed by Advance Telecom Inc.. I ordered Roxio and didn't get it. They got me through PayPal as well. The download I put on my computer after purchase was not Roxio (although you couldn't tell until AFTER it was already installed) and doesn't work. I was told there would free support and updates, etc. for 2 years and all you get is an online customer support link which I know will not answer my questions. Even reading the wording on the thing that WAS installed, I could tell it wasn't created by anyone who could speak English. I am ticked off. Making a complaint to PaayPal. I don't know how I was redirected to order this to this company since I went on the Roxio site to purchase. Needless to say I am NOT happy about this turn of events.

• Br
    brandnu4u Dec 23, 2008

I was scammed big time by this Advance Telecom Inc!
    Total RIPOFF!!! And, I will be calling PayPal about it also. According to a company called Advanced Telecom, Inc (NOT ADVANCE (note: not a D on the end of the scam company), who actually is a real, legit telecommunications company...

they have received in the neighborhood of between 250 and 300 calls over the past year on this "Advance Telecom, Inc" scam company. They are tired of the calls to them as well, I am sure. If Paypal does not resolve this issue with this company and pay people back their money upon doing so, they will suffer in the end. In fact, I encourage each and all of you who posted on here and who are reading this NOW... contact Paypal and let em know what you think, and more importantly, NEVER do business with crooked Paypal either, UNLESS they credit our money back and hunt down the real scammer in all of this. I am done for good with Paypal, and will warn against them now after praising them early on to others I know.

• Co
    cossy12 Jan 09, 2009

advance telecom is scam company like deep burner and paypal should not process the money for them. i would not use paypal again

• Rm
    R M Ciechanowski Mar 03, 2009

Double billing: 02 / 04 / 09, $38. 91; 02 / 11 / 09, $38. 91

• Dt
    DTCOX Apr 07, 2009

I got ripped off for $49.96 for what I deemed to be a New edition of a new Office Program. After paying through Paypal I was redirected to Open Office 0rg. to download the program I already had.

• Me
    megnorth Jun 11, 2009

Did anyone sign up for their anti-virus protection?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices