Adore Cosmeticsscam

C

Where do I begin? Everything about this company is a scam.

I encountered these products at the Grand Canal Shoppes inside the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Two women were offering samples to people walking by. I took one and was immediately engaged in a conversation. She then offered me a "gift bag, " walking back into the store and offering the gift bag to me from there. Of course, I had to enter the store to take the bag and before I knew it, she had given me several more samples and then handed me off to another salesperson for a free trial of their products. The women I encountered were very charming in a used car salesman way - offering tons of compliments, asking questions, playing up the product, etc. Once she dropped the $600 price tag for one set of products, we politely said no thanks and that's when the game began. The price was dropped by 45% and then the salesperson added a free set to the deal if I bought that day. As she continued to talk about the product with my mother, I pulled out my cell phone to read the reviews of this product. When the salesperson saw what I was doing, she stormed off to the front of the store and engaged her colleagues in a heated conversation in a foreign language. We got up and were stopped by another salesperson as we walked out of the store. "What were you looking at on your phone?" she demanded. I replied that I was looking at reviews of the product but hadn't found much (which was true). She asked me more questions about the reviews, stating that the company had a lot of "hackers" if I found anything bad. She also mentioned that her colleague, the one who was offended by my search for reviews, was sensitive to my negative energy, since she was a...get this..."priestess." What a bizarre and unsettling interaction.

Needless to say, we left without purchasing anything. I was curious about the samples they had offered us: One sample at the front of the store, one extra gift bag offered for me for my skin type, and one gift bag for my mother in her skin type. I hadn't looked at them in the store, so it wasn't until later that I noticed that the samples they offered me were all the exact same product: hand moisturizer that had nothing to do with anyone's skin type. They were just a ploy to get us into the store. A quick glance at the chemical-filled ingredients list reinforced my suspicions that these products were actually complete garbage (mineral oil in a $40 hand lotion?).

Hours later, my mother and I were still scraping off the strange, flaky chunks left on our skin after our "collagen treatment." A quick search for reviews of these products will yield similar stories to mine, with people purchasing up to $4000 worth of products that are unreturnable. Please avoid this company.

• Ca
    Catherine Q Dec 13, 2019

No only did I have the same bad experience at the Roosevelt Mall Store on Long Island, NY, but to exacerbate the deceptive selling practices I was verbally guaranteed the option to return the product if I was not happy with the results. I was never informed that the use of the equipment would be tracked. Their false representation and illegal business practices have been reported to the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. Everyone must speak out to put these crooks out of business.

• Ji
    Jim E. Feb 14, 2019

I had the same bad experience at the Roosevelt Mall Store on Long Island, NY. Fraudulent and deceptive selling practices. How come the Attorney General's office has not gone after these people. Sean sold us the overpriced creams with the promise of a $400 facial at a future date. The facial was another sales pitch for a $7, 000 LED hand held wand that was to remove wrinkles. More lightning in a bottle. When we said "no" to the purchase, the staff became very curt and cold. SAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!

• Bo
    Bobbi Sunshine Dec 31, 2018

I was reading the comments and was sorry to see them. It was 5 years ago that my husband and I were in Las Vegas and I did purchase Adore products at a reduced rate. I have used them over the years and was saddened to see when they needed to be replenished
    that the cost was to much for me to replace. I have lines above my lip area and the Adore Peeling Gel took them away and fast. It would last weeks sometimes over a month before needing to reapply. Maybe the cost is only one concern after seeing the reviews. Saddened.

debi-do Oct 29, 2018

I too was scammed into spending $600 in products that would give me a "face lift" He basically hypnotized me into buying the products. Not till after the purchase did I realize the receipt said non-returnable. About 30 minutes after purchase and during my 1 hour drive home from Rodeo drive in Beverly Hills it hit me that I had been scammed and I had deep regret. I don't know how they do it but it seems that they hypnotize you into the purchase. Some of the products seemed to roll off your skin and fragrances of the products were terrible. Not quality products at all. The sales person lied to me about his heritage because he had an accent. I am still mad about it all.

Comments

EkkaTz Sep 09, 2018

I had very similar experience last week at our local mall. I still did not know why I accepted the gift bag that day and followed her into the store. It was not me at all. She started by asking me to try their products, and soon after that it was the sales part. As a biochem, I have to admit it was quite entertaining to hear her telling me how organic products wouldn’t cause allergic reactions... Have to say she was doing her sales job very well. But $100+ for a jar of lotion is just way too much. I’d rather go to the Sephora or Lush next door and get something cheaper and i’m more familiar with

• Kk
    KKSd May 21, 2018

I wish I could give this a negative star review. I can ditto everything that all the other commenters have said about being scammed! These people are such ripoffs!!! There is a reason they are not registered with the BBB, because they would already be out of business with all of the complaints. Please do yourself a favor when you walk by this store, dont walk, RUN as fast as you can away!

Angela Gaither Mar 13, 2017

What was I thinking the guy was putting the product on my face with his fingers instead of using a sponge or Q tip. His hands spelled like smoke too. I bought stuff anyway. Dumb Me. This was in Raleigh, they lure you in with their sister company whose products seem a whole lot better than the expensive Adore stuff/junk. Once I got the items home the color looks terrible and the smell is bad too. The product is watery, not like a high end product should me. One of the products actually smells like bar soap scraps mixed with other stuff. They are heavily perfumed, like cheap dollar store lotions. Actually drug store have better stuff than these guys sell. Adore Cosmetics, you are been warned DO NOT BUY.

Dee6754 Jan 15, 2017

I had my adore experience at the tager outlets at Foxwoods casino and yes my experience was the same in that I was lured into the shop quite expertly. The sales person Riplea was very enthusiastic to the point of obvious coercion but amusing. She attempted to sell me the whole kit and caboodle but when I said no she lowered the price of the skin tightening dramatically to $140 which sounded like a lot but compared to other products that I have bought from Lancôme was not crazy. I gotta say I noticed the difference in the store when she used it on one side of my face. Then she applied to the other side. I only need to use once a week and will last 2 years. My husband who notices nothing noticed difference right away. I was given a coupon for a free facial which I will not use as I am sure the pressure to purchase will be intense. For right now I am happy with what I have... Cheaper then Botox!

• Mo
    MontrealCanadian Dec 30, 2016

Exactly the same situation happened to me on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Who reads this page and what can be done about it!!!?? I got up to leave several times and was basically threatened to stay...I was afraid. This is a criminal situation that needs to be addressed by the authorities.

• Ex
    Expensive Ripoff Aug 22, 2016

This entire store is a scam. Do not order or purchase anything. It is all non refundable. They do not even ship their inferior product. They use something else on you in the demonstration. Total ripoff.

• Ju
    Juliasmee Aug 07, 2016

I went to the Mall in Hoover Birmingham Alabama, indeed Israel accent and French accent, I speak French too, nice and funny conversations, I fooled the guys, made jokes with them, I got 7 products for 240$, he tried to talk me into a product for 400$ and another 300$ and give me the refund of 240$, no way, I was had enough! Felt they were going too far! I enjoyed my visit, for one hour.

• Lo
    Lois Sprengnether Keel May 17, 2016

Clearly I'm not alone. Elderly women beware when in a mall, especially if it's a town like Las Vegas where you're a visitor.
    I later found their website at which says: If for some reason you're not happy with your order, you can return it in its original packaging and receive a full refund. Pack the item(s) to be returned in the original package if possible. Returned packages must be returned prepaid to the Sender's address (located on the shipping label).
    This was done. UPS receipt noted the product was never opened. Calls to the company say there are no refunds, only exchanges. Better Business Bureau complaint goes nowhere and that receipt you never received goes to your credit card company stating their policy is no refunds, only exchanges.
    If anybody has been successful in getting a refund I'd like to know how they did it.

notrealblonde Apr 23, 2016

So embarrassing!! Scammed in St. Marteen for over $3000 and they put another $2700 on my card. I will try and dispute the $2700 and suck up the other. HORRIBLE, DECEITFUL, and to top it off, it really isn't refundable as told. there is no money back guarantee.

Sad after St Augustine Apr 21, 2016

Unethical and ruined our beautiful memories of our vacation. Cancelled order never shipped or received. Still arguing with credit card company over this horrible experience.

• Bo
    Bobbie Payton Pitman Mar 18, 2016

My husband and I also purchased our products in Las Vegas. Of course, the sales people are scammers. I'm sure they work on commission. Yes; the products got cheaper, the more you would purchase(we did not.) It is much like QVC, LOL. The two girls who "had" us, were really nice and fun to work with, so we stayed for the pitch and demonstration. They ended up "throwing in" a set for me, since we wouldn't purchase more. We knew what kind of "deal" it was. My husband is an international business consultant, former dean of several business schools, and doctorate professor of marketing and advertising. We did find that some of the products actually worked, which was why we purchased some of them. I love the eye lotion! It's the best I've ever used! I can't use the daily moisturizer, due to the scent. I need fragrance-free products. We never did try the gold product that was supposed to reduce redness, but my sister said she loves the way it makes her skin feel. She did not notice any difference in her redness, but does not use it on a regular basis.

• Ag
    Agata2016 Mar 12, 2016

I've been using this product for a month now but only on the one side of my face. Just to compare. On the other side I've been using some much cheaper products from Shoppers Drug Mart. There is no difference at all. Nothing has changed and nobody can tell if one side of my face looks better than the other. Nothing wrong and nothing special about this product, except the price which is just a joke. You pay for nothing, really.
    And the products contain so many chemicals, way more than regular organic creams you can buy everywhere.
    When I've heard that this product will last me a year I became suspicious. Nothing that is natural will last that long. Nice packaging and forceful selling people maybe the only good thing about this product.

Debbie Whitehead Fisher Mar 03, 2016

Well, sorry to say I am one who fell for their plan and spent $4, 000. I fell for the youthful look. I kept calling Sandy. I wanted an itemized receipt. I emailed and I called. I wanted to return it ALL. We only spent about $150 at the casino, but live and learn.

• Vo
    Vonnie1972 Feb 29, 2016

My fianc'e was walking by there store and got dragged in. She told them NO NO - she had no way to pay for this she was on disability, but they kept adding products as they talked to her. She is not in the right state of mind set to walk away. They robbed her of $400. It is said they would take advantage of a disabled person.

• Ka
    Karen Astram Feb 14, 2016

I got the same sample offer outside the store, and was brought in for a free demo. Got the same BS from the salesman who then has his coworker drag my husband in to see how he was going to make me look 20 years younger. Really? Hubby didn't really see any difference when he put the organic collagen serum under my eye. I did say to the guy "you're going to put that over my make-up?" He said it wouldn't mess up my makeup. Well, this was in the Tanger Outlets at the Foxwoods Casino in CT. After walking a bit, the skin under my eye felt weird. I rubbed it and discovered I had stuff flaking that was very difficult to scrape off. Well guess what? I had to laugh as I said "Now I look 20 years older and I've turned into a dinosaur! WOW-run away from these shysters! My free sample was-you guessed it- chemical laden "organic hand cream". Lot of BS!

• Li
    Lisa Baptista Farnesi Feb 07, 2016

So far I have only used the products for a week, but I can tell a difference. I will continue to use as I am seeing results!!

Cher0 Jan 25, 2016

I bought these products from the canal and have flown back on a trip and bought again. They lasted 3 years as they stated and my skin has never ever looked better! Of all the waisted money on all the products through the years with empty promises, finally for the first time I found the best products that actually work. My husband choked over the initial expense but even he now says "we need to make sure we get you more on our next trip out there." It is not only nice when you notice a difference but more amazing when your girlfriends and adult daughters start asking what are you doing different because you skin looks amazing? One girlfriend's husband asked me if I had cosmetic work done because he was going to do as a surprise for his wife after seeing how great it really worked...until I broke the news that it was products from our trip to Vegas that he said was too expensive and a waist of money...lol He regrets saying that now! Now my next trip I am to pick up for them too!

I didn't think there were pushy but excited about their products! They too gave me a cell number to text or call. They also shipped majority to me to avoid taking on the plane. It arrived to my house before I did. I received a text asking if I had questions. There was a note inside the box and a note on each box to remind me which ones to use. Plus a few boxes said don't need to use as it says, can use once a month during my climate and work the same plus last longer. If scam wouldn't they want me to use it all up quicker and not be so helpful plus give me a cell number?! I still use the products and my dermatologist and estatician both agree my skin is better now then before using the products (now going on 6 years)... Not bad for someone going to be 50 next birthday!! By the way, I never take time to write reviews, but you all need to hear from a customer who uses these product and has been and not from someone who walked out assuming they know how these products work. All natural and they make your skin amazing...what else is there to know?! Oh and yes, there was a sticker shock but knowing it does last 3 years, breaking it down it is so not (plus I have waisted so much money over the years on stuff that doesn't work and I don't need to get facials as often, like hardly ever. That is also a savings!).

• Sh
    Shelley M. Crawley Jan 23, 2016

From reading these reviews it appears that no one has actually used these products, I have. I agree that the sales people are aggressive but the fellow I encountered was lively and fun. Yes, the price did decrease as the time we spent in the store increased but no more so than the experience buying a used car, a major appliance, or any other big ticket item. I love the Adore products. My face hasn't been this smooth in a long time and the redness and breakouts I was having an issue with have completely cleared up! No I am not an employee of the company, I am a real 51 year old woman. The store I visited was in downtown Las Vegas and Lucas is the name of the delightful man that helped me. He even gave me his phone # so I could text if I had any questions. I have texted him twice now because I had questions about the instructions and he answered me promptly and cleared up my confusion.

• Ra
    radarluv Dec 14, 2015

These are GYPSIES! Con artists! I can see it just looking at them. I like to make a spectacle and in the loudest voice I can, say, "Oh I have tried your products and they are absolutely TERRIBLE!!!"

I saw them today and saw a lady getting her makeup done in the store (YES, they actually claimed a STORE space in our brand new shopping centre! so people buy into their shtick! . The next time I am going to walk right in and make her aware that it is a scam!

I hate these people!

• Si
    sixwhirled Oct 30, 2015

Glad I'm not alone. I too was harassed by an Adore salesperson at the Galleria Mall in Roseville. I was late for work and needed a new charger for my laptop. As I walked through the mall, they accosted me and after 15 minutes of trying to be polite and tell her no, I finally agreed to buy the $15 nail kit just so I could get out of there. Then she slipped the skin cream in my bag as if she was giving it to me for free even though I protested, but then ended up charging me $80 anyway.

• Gr
    greenroom Oct 07, 2015

I find it hysterical that the "positive" reviews are coming from Miami and one from Ft Lauderdale...BOTH with spelling and grammatical errors!! Geez, if the Customer Service person is going to spin off these reviews...do a spell check before printing! The ineptness of this company never ceases to amaze me. HA!

• Ms
    Ms B541 Oct 07, 2015

I was scammed big time for $6000.00 in the Vegas shop on Feemont St. I agree that people are getting paid for good reviews... It is a SCAM!!! The product that was shipped to my home had been used before ...Credit card.Has extra charges besides the 6000.00..Lucas at Feemont Street said charges were not going through. Serving champagne and getting client intoxicated is another pawn they use...Contacted Lucas about used product and empty jars along the xtra credit card charges and I was told to just s---k it up. This was per TEXT!!! I would have no complaints if the product worked like it did in their store and was not charged xtra and paid for product 2X.. At least give me back my xtra charges?????? In all my years of sales, if I would have done this to a customer, I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that a just sold someone a bag of false goods...

• Gr
    greenroom Sep 19, 2015

I find it quite amusing and coincidental that complaints dating from mid August 2015 are positive...guess their "Customer Service" person needed to do her job...HA! I was "seductively scammed" for $2800 in San Francisco in August. This company should not only be shut down but be featured on the front page of the "Style" section of the NY Times as the most fraudulent "beauty" shop in the country!! Buyer Beware.

• Ka
    Karen Sedgwick Sep 17, 2015

I guess I am not alone in the scam. I was also scammed into purchasing $300 worth. Francisco put the serum under the eye that was not puffy. So I thought it worked. I have been in contact with Discover Card, but they only will refund if its a not perishable item. So I left a great message on my Face Book warning my friends. I also sent a complaint to the BBB. I will be contacting Discover Card again and let them know how unhappy I am with their policy.

• Wa
    WaryMary Sep 04, 2015

The sudden spate of grammatically incoherent reviews raving about how wonderful the Adore products are simply raise even more red flags. All of these reviews follow similar patterns of English language control, and given that they were all posted within an 8 day period, I'd say these are written by the company's representatives.

Bkind2all Apr 12, 2018

@WaryMary I totally agree. It is very obvious plus the identical use of lower case i's written for the word 'I'.

EkkaTz Sep 09, 2018

@WaryMary They all mention about “better than Botox” and staff being “nice and professional “ lol

james649 Aug 27, 2015

I was worry about my skin but when i visited the location in miami beach and purchase some skin care products for me and that i can actually see instant result on my eyes and face. That the staff was very nice and professional. The cellmax set working much great than Botox or ant other anti aging products you ever tried I love this product.

Bkind2all Apr 12, 2018

@james649 Do you work for Adore Cosmetics?

EkkaTz Sep 09, 2018

@Bkind2all You can almost tell when they mention about Botox .. don’t know why they hate Botox..

• La
    larry12larry Aug 25, 2015

wow. its a huge effective product for me. it brought huge change on my face and eye.when i visited the location in miami beach and purchase some skin care products for me and that i can actually see instant result on my eyes and face.

• Su
    susan12susan Aug 25, 2015

i love the products and i finally found something that good on your sensetive skin. i had so sad of my skin . one day my friend suggested me to use miami. then i bought it. the staff was so professional. now i am so happy. it helped me to be skinned and more charming. i just love it. thankyou

• Su
    susan12susan Aug 25, 2015

i love the products and i finally found something that works good on your sensetive skin

• Re
    Reviewer49717 Aug 24, 2015

I was approached at the Galleria mall in Ft Lauderdale by two overly charming pushy salesmen who convinced me to buy Adore cosmetics. Upon leaving the store, I realized that I that I had been talked into spending way too much money on products I really didn't want. Since I am a senior citizen and don't drive at night, I returned first thing the next day to return the products. It was at that time that I was informed of their no return policy. After much hassle they agreed to reduce the price by about 70% which was still way too much. At that point I figured I would try to get the money back through my credit card company. However, Adore cosmetics refused to cooperate and I'm stuck with the products.
    I tried using the products. They irritate my face and eyes. They are highly perfumed and are not suitable for sensitive skin. If approached run the other way.

• Cr
    CruzerRock Aug 24, 2015

I cherish the items and you at last discovered something that works great on your sensetive skin. I went by the area in miami shoreline and bought some healthy skin items for me and that I can really see moment result on my eyes and face.The staff was very nice and professional, the cellmax set working much great than Botox or ant other anti aging products you might have ever tried.

Manish Maharjan Aug 24, 2015

Finally, i have something that makes my skin feel and look good.
    Especially, for my skin.. it is the best product i ever tried. I recommend all people to try it at least once..
    I guarantee you guys you will be satisfied..

anika emi Aug 23, 2015

• David B Gould Aug 23, 2015

I Visit the ADORE COSMETICS Store in Miami Beach and I Buy the Skin Care Products, After I using a Products I Found the Products are Really Good for my Sensitive Skin. The Staff are Professional and Caring. The Cellmax Set Working Great than Botox. I Recommend to Visit the Store and Buy the skin Care Products.

• Th
    Thusitha Deepal Aug 22, 2015

ADORE COSMETICS is the best cosmetics for my skin..It really turn my skin myoung..Even i can not beleive what happend..Great costume.And it is good for all with sensitive skin..Do not think twice try and see the difference..

• Ca
    catchmeup1992 Aug 22, 2015

I recently visited the ADORE COSMETICS store in Miami beach and purchased some skin care products for me and my mom and now i can actually see instant result on my eyes and face. The result was amazing everyone was just amazed to see me in such wonderful skin condition also the staff was very nice and professional and the cellmax set is working much great than Botox or any other anti aging products i ever tried. i recommend everyone to buy it and use it fast...

Bkind2all Apr 12, 2018

@catchmeup1992 You work for Adore cosmetics...shame on you!!