Acerlaptop repair and customer service

O

Both the keyboard and charging port on my Gateway started having problems and stopped working. I contacted Acer online and they told me to send it in for repair under the warranty. After a couple of weeks I received an email stating that I needed to contact them or they were going to ship the laptop back, email did not say why. So I contact them again through the online chat, the customer service representative assures me that everything is fine and they are just waiting on a part to repair the laptop. Thus, I am happy and go about my business and other things that occupy my life. However, apparently the customer service guy made a mistake and apparently sent me another email - saying that there had been liquid spillage on my computer and it was not covered.

I understand liquid spillage would not be covered, I am not even aware how the spillage occurred unless somebody in my house did it and didn't tell me . However, after waiting over two weeks for a computer I desperately need to make money to live on, and because of missing an email I was not expecting or looking for, they went ahead and just sent it back to me. I called through to the corporate office where the lady was nice and offered to reduce the price of repair from over $220 to $125 after much begging on my part for some kind of compensation for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, now I would have to wait another two weeks for the repair, and more time and thus income is lost for me as I use this computer for my home business. I have to wait for the computer to arrive back to me, and send it in yet again and the price of repairing it, is about the same price they sell for a brand new one on ebay! I am not seeing the point, I might as well just get a different brand online, as I don't think I want to purchase again from this company. It is their fault, that their service guy told me the wrong information and wasted my time and they should really should repair it free of charge. Their error slowed me down, is costing me lost income - from what I would earn online with my laptop and what I would lose in two weeks without having it - is not even close to a balance and makes no sense! Also, the ridiculously quick time in mailing it back??? I mean really, 2 days, I don't see the email and now it is on it's way back when I thought they were waiting for a part!!! I am not happy, if a company makes an error, they need to make accommodations so the customer is not out of money from their mistake.

• Sh
    Shoaib Sadiq Oct 08, 2015

I buy a laptop from your mall of 1600aed 10-12 days ago and its not working so kindly is update me about this what i can do now . Problem is i am in Pakistan now

• Bu
    bubai1821 Feb 26, 2012

i have an acer 4741g laptop with nvdia geforce 310m graphics. I use dual boot system ubuntu and win7. Now my laptop is overheating and it wont restart. Again if i take out the ram and hard disc and battery and again refit them and give my machine a few hours rest it starts again. I tried to boot with cd/dvd but it failed. I gave it to repair shop but they said the problem with graphics card and it is not possible to resolve the issue.

• Ku
    kundansingh Jun 15, 2011

when i attacch the notebook aspire one to modem net it switch off, and computer shut of automatically

Mary Ellen Funk Mar 11, 2011

Overcharged for a virus on Laptop /tecs did not have enough education/told to get disk on acers never was needed/was held on phone long then got disconneted/ended up with 2 dicks that I would of been charged for????

• Fl
    Flikkore Aug 06, 2010

Bought Acer laptop from Acer mall, Dickenson Road. Every now and then, problem arises while booting and gets hang. Only option i will have is to reintall the Operating system. Already, I have done in 3 or 4 times. This kind of quality is not acceptable from a brand new laptop.

• Ms
    Ms. Jay Feb 05, 2010

ACER should be ashamed of themselves for selling such a no good piece of so called equipment. With all of these complaints, you guys still give your customers such a hard time. My computer has been returned to you twice and needs to be sent back again for the same problem, but nothing will be accomplished even if I send it back. My BLUE SCREEN problem has been like a nightmare to me. I have this problem everyday and it's really sad that you guys claim to have fixed the problem and that I shouldn't have anymore problems with my laptop and I do have the same problem over and over again. I will never purchase another Acer computer and I will never recommend anyone else to purchase one. Customer service (some of them) are very rude. Technical support will tell you that they've fixed your computer and it's not, they can tell you anything. How do you know for sure that they even did anything to your computer, you can't know because you can't see whats inside of your computer to know if anything has been changed or looked at. Acer is a rip-off and they know it!!! I paid over $500 for my computer with the extended warranty. Cheaper is definantly not always better!

jonny dept Jan 22, 2010

Man i bought this Acer 5570z and I've taken very good care of it. Nothing has ever happened to it. In fact it still looks brand new on the outside. I left it on some sheets for about an hour. I was really hot, suddenly it shut down and never came back on. The power doesn't even come on. Are you kidding me? This model definitely needs a recall!

• Ti
    timolock Dec 02, 2009

After 1 year and 1 month my motherboard blew out. I paid $800 for this system and it was used lightly as lap topuse goes and research shows there are major problems with this laptop and acer will not help. I have benn attempting to get help for 6 months now and I am stuck with a dead laptop. [email protected]

• Am
    amit dev tiwari Aug 30, 2009

i purchased acer aspire 5920 6th months ago..after some time white screening problem came.i complain 7 times but no satisfactory responce.so please dont buy acer.

• Valerie Oct 21, 2008

Bought this computer from Beachcamera.com. The keys on the keyboard did not work out of the box. Beachcamera.com does not exchange defective computers. I called Acer and they told me to ship it back to Acer for repair. Well $20.33 to ship it and 3 weeks turnaround for a brand new lemon.