Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank [ADIB]unethical behaviour

J

I opened a current account with ADIB with their claim to provide over draft after 3 months.. After 6 months, I decided to find out if their claim was real.

I applied 1st time in Abu Dhabi mall branch and the agent told me that my nationality was mis-spelt, thus I need to submit my passport, visa, emirates ID and Salary Certificate which I did. Later informed that the legal department will look at my application and get back to me.

This never happened and after 3 days, I went back to check what happened and informed me that now, I can apply and I received the application number 437757 and told me confirmation will be in 3 days.

After 5 days, I checked with the help line [protected] without much help from there, I decided to move back to Abu Dhabi to check in the branch and was told, it was cancelled without any reason given.

I was advised to do it again which I did after submitting another Salary Certificate and Pay Slips and got another Application number 437822 which also was rejected for reasons best known to the bank. And they made others requests; 438089 and 450045 from Al Jimi mall Alain.

Out of frustration and uncoordinated information from agents in the Bank, I decided to face the Branch manager for the right information for the rejection since the agent still wanted to make a new request without clear reason why the others got rejected.

The Branch manager told me that since am outsourced staff, they can not avail the over draft and it is the policy in the Bank.

This leaves me wondering as the rest of my outsourced colleagues are able to get but me who has just joined can't. Secondly if it is a bank policy as clearly stated by Mr. Mohammed Al Jimi Branch Manager, it has to be communicated to all staff and if I knew it at very beginning, I wouldn't have gone through all this trouble.

Besides, I must have been communicated when the first application was rejected and information provided back to me but unto now only Mr. Mohamed is aware of this policy while the people he is managing are not aware.

Can't tell whose information is right or wrong but even on the website, it is not published and I condemn this unethical behavior of telling your customers what you want them to hear instead of giving the right information.

As an established bank, policies need to be communicated to all of the staff and shared with the customers so that they can make the right choices instead of providing partial information so that customer can make wrong choices. It is even against what You stand for. " Banking as it Should be"

unethical behaviour

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices