Menu
ABC Warehouse
reviews & complaints

ABC Warehouse
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

60 complaints
15 resolved 45 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ABC Warehouse. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
6:21 pm

ABC Warehouse - sexual harrasment

My husband and I went to ABC warehouse on Monroe st. in Sylvania, Ohio 43560. We were looking for a 50" LCD t.v.. The salesman slash manager that helped us was so disrepectful. I felt very uncomfortable how he was talking to me. My husband walked away to look at another t.v. and the salesman told me that I could get a better deal if I would have came in alone. What is that suppose to mean? My husband wandered off again and the salesman/manager asked for my personal cell phone number so we can disscuss a better deal over lunch. Is this how ABC warehouse discounts? I am doing everything in my power to keep my husband from going up there to "TALK" to Matt the salesman/manager. I don't want my husband to go to jail for doing something stupid cause ABC warehouse employees are crude. My husband has already contacted a few lawyers since i wouldnt let him handle it his way. So to all the husbands out there: If you go to this ABC warehouse and your salesman/manager is Matt cech, Don't leave your wifes side!

R
Jun 20, 2011 5:42 am

LOL, in your dreams. Either that or your husband paid the guy to try get you off his back for a few hours so he could make out with his baby mamma

3:32 pm

ABC Warehouse - un-professional

6 comments
Nov 26, 2010 11:34 pm

SALESMAN LARRY REID SALES TELEVISION THAT ARENT IN STOCKM PAID FULL AMOUNT FOR A TELEVISOIN I WAS TOLD WOULD ONLY TAKE A FEW DAYS TO BE DEVLIVERED TO THE STORE CALLED BACK DAYS LATER AFTER NOT HEARING FROM THE STORE I WAS TOLD MY TELEVISION WOULD TAKE A MONTH OR MORE FOR DELIVERY...

Jan 19, 2010 12:31 pm

They sucks. Dont buy TVs from them. I brought a 40"TV and went on 3rd day for an upgrade to 46" TV. they are charging me 50% restocking fee. After a big fight, they came down to 30% restocking fee. I wont go there again.

C
Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm

We bought a TV on 24th and went for an upgrade version 3 days back. they chrged us 50% restocking fee. The Management is terrible and they treated me like a complete nothing. I will never shop there again or recommend them to ANYONE.

Yesterday while shopping at the Lansing Store, I heard the manager Greg, verbally yelling the "f" word at employees. This is a manager that would never work in my company. How unprofessional! I felt sorry for the employees, especially for one young man that seemed to be getting the full force of the swear words. At one point we thought that Greg was going to strike out. If your managers are this unprofessional, there is no way your treatment of customers is going to be any better. I would be afraid to have a problem with a purchase, I am sure that if Greg handled that problem I would be subject to his unprofessional behavior and I would not have the same restraint as that young man. It is amazing how all of the stores are run the same way using the "F" word at employees! But I have also heard a GM yell to customers - can you believe it? He told this customer to get the "_ell" out of HIS store. He is very unprofessional. They must pick these workers from the same jail for something. I have been to many, many ABC stores and there is the same atmosphere to unprofessionalism in every single store. I am going to write and publish about this chain and how they are hurting the public very badly and are raking in the dough while robbing the public with promises that are not kept, harassment, ex-convicts working in the store but these ex-convicts are not rehabilitated. They are still ex-convicts and are losers and are doing a great disservice to the public. COME ON EVERYONE - WE HAVE TO STOP SHOPPING THERE - THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PUBLIC - THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY!

O

Customer must be mistaken

O

ABC Warehouse doesn't have a restocking fee Best Buy does

A
5:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I puchased a Home Theater System this month from the Warren store, 10 mile & Van Dyke. As I opened the box I relized the system had been opened, there was batteries in the remote and all the plastic was off. So i took it back to the store as the young salesman had promised me it was not a used system and they had no more in the store.So we took it home the...

T
2:26 pm

ABC Warehouse - employees and products are faulty

I received the worst customer service from the sales man at ABC warehouse. I went in to purchase a TV for my mother and she randomly mentioned that I knew a little about the latest flat screens. This information was greeted with sarcasm and thrown back in my face by several other salesmen. At no point in time was I rude to them. Since when is being informed a crime. My mother really wanted the TV that we picked so I purchased it anyway. I returned to her house and helped her set it up, it doesn't work. I am disgusted.

R
May 06, 2011 5:07 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Next time come to Paul's TV. No hassle customer service with a very friendly environment. We would rather educate you on the latest technology even if you don't buy than see you make a mis-informed decision.

H
10:14 am

ABC Warehouse - livonia store incident

I visited the store in Livonia on 2-10-2011 to purchase a television, I asked the salesman did the store take checks he said it depended on the check sequence #. I decided on a television and proceded too write a check for my purchase, the salesman tells me that they can take my check, but they couldn't release the television too me until the check cleared! He never made any attempt too call telecheck or his manager, I've NEVER heard of a business doing such thing. I am a ABC warehouse shopper and this incident is unacceptable.

I
2:22 pm

ABC Warehouse - horrible customer service

Purchased a 58 inch Samsung Plasma TV on Dec 02, 2010 and on Jan. 20, 2011 tv set is dead no picture no audio. Contacted the store was given a 1 800 number to call which I did was told maybe in 7 to 14 days can get someone to take a look at before any decision can be made. Called the Cooperate Office at 10 am the next morning got the run around was told the Regional Manager (Rob Rochetti)was going to contact me prior to work day end. Well believe it on not no call (big surprise) when contacted the Corporate Office again was told he was in the field and there is no way to contact him (no cell phone for a regional manager). Bottom line stay away from ABC Warehouse this is coming from a customer who has purchased from the same store for the past 15 years . I will never go back or refer anyone...

Apr 14, 2010 9:46 am

After the purchase of 2 TVs from ABC Warehouse (1 of which was a large screen) we were told the other smaller TV would need to be ordered and would be here in a week. We were told we'd get a call when it came in. After 3 weeks and NUMEROUS phone calls to the salesman/store manager, we were told it still wasn't here, wasn't here, wasn't here...they could not find out when it WOULD be arriving, etc., etc., etc. Blah, Blah, Blah... I called many times only to be told the salesman was busy with another customer and left my name/phone number for a return call. Never happened. I finally called again today and demanded that I be put on hold until he COULD come to the phone. After waiting for a rather long time, he checked and said he did not have the TV, did not know when the TV might be coming in because "the manufacturer (Samsung) would much rather ship the larger TVs to the stores than ship the smaller ones like you ordered. Who knows when or if it might ever come in?" I immediately canceled my order and went to Best Buy to purchase a TV. So much for customer service -- seems it no longer exists these days, I'm sorry to say. After spending nearly 40 years of my career measuring and evaluating customer satisfaction, I sadly see that things are indeed getting worse - not better.

L
8:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Price will bring a customer into a business but it is good customer service that will bring them back. This is the second time we have been dissappointed in ABC Warehouse service. Both times regarding installation of remote start on a vechile. The first time (a few years back) we were scheduled for an installation, arrived to be told it was impossible a...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went in on a Saturday evening to buy a new range. Nice, informative salesperson. Spent almost $600 for a middle of the road unit, set up delivery for Tuesday. (Next day delivery means Tuesday-Saturday). They were to call one hour before approximate delivery time so that we could have someone there to let them in. At 4:00 on delivery day, the snotty...

J
3:47 pm

ABC Warehouse - defective refrigerator

I purchased a new Bosch French Door refrigerator from the store off Eisenhower in Ann Arbor, Mi. The purchasing experience was ok and we got a good price on a brand new Bosch French door refrigerator...but as soon as it was delivered was when the nightmare started. They delivered the fridge on time but the delivery people did not put the handles or level the fridge like was stated in the delivery booklet from our salesmen. In the direction we were told to let the fridge set unplugged for 8 hours which we did and as soon as it was plugged in it made an annoying high pitched noise. Called ABC and was told they needed to send out factory service to look at the fridge. I agreed and factory service said the fridge was supposed to sound like that (I can hear this high pitched sound throughout my house so there is no way it should sound like that).

The next Monday I went to a different ABC store closer to my house (I bought this fridge from the store closer to my work) because I wanted to listen to their floor model. They refused to help me and told me I had to go back to the store I purchased the fridge from. The next day I called and was told by the salesman he needed to talk to the Bosch rep and he would call me back the next day...he never did. I went down to the store and was told by the salesman he needed approval to accept the fridge back and he would call me the next day. He never did. I called and spoke to the salesman who told me I was not able to return the refrigerator and instead he would send another service tech out to replace the parts. I do not think it is right that the consumer pays $3, 000 for a fridge to have replacement parts put in it. Needless to say after talking to the salesman, the salesman's manager, and the store manaager I was refused the return and instead I am stuck with a fridge that is very loud who noone seems to think there is anything wrong with because it is still cooling. I can guarantee I will never purchase anything from ABC Warehouse again and recommend people making purchases like this to do their research on the store. ABC Warehouse does not have a return policy so you are at their mercy if you receive a defective product. Their "good price" is not worth a refrigerator I can hear running throughout my house.

A
Dec 20, 2011 4:37 am

Guess it is like Gordy says "there is a sucker born every minute". Makes you wonder how Abc sells so cheap can you say manf. returns?

F
12:43 pm

ABC Warehouse - do not honor their return policy

My son purchased a 32in HDTV on Jan17th 2010 and never took it out of the box, he wanted to put it in his new apartment, but had a sever stroke and now is in a AFC home with NO hopes of any improvment. We asked that ABC take back his TV, only 47 days after he bought it, so that we could have more money for his treatment, and were told that is was 3 months pased the purchased date and no they couldn't do it and NO would talk to me, other then the poor lady answering the phone. The floor manager was conviently busy every time I called. Which was twice on March 6th. If any one knows how I can get the names and numbers of the Board of Dirctors of ABC, I WILL contact them with my complaints., Stay away from ABC Warehouse.

5:04 am

ABC Warehouse - terrible service

I made a large purchase from ABC Warehouse, after being warned not to go there. (Should have listened) One of the purchases was a 58" TV and the deliver person just dropped off the TV and did not take it out of the box. Ok, I thought that was wrong when I paid extra for delivery and when they got there wanted to charge me more to sit the TV on the stand, NO! Second, I paid extra for a TV stand to be put together but on delivery day the stand was dropped off already put together, how do I know they put it together. No instructions were left with the stand either, which leave me wondering if I was given the display stand or if the stand was delivered to them already put together. I will not purchase so much as a piece of gum from ABC warehouse again! Oh and my sales person called me the day before deliver, to offer me a side deal for the delivery person to put all cable, surround sound and TV together for a price of $50 to be paid to the delivery person...GEESH! NO MORE

G
May 05, 2010 8:47 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

usually when you buy things and have them delivered thats whats they do with them is deliver them.. go to best buy and ask stupid ### geek squad how much they charge for install and building of a tv and a stand that size.. its around 200-300 dollars..

that is all

J
8:02 am

ABC Warehouse - do not shop there

We recently purchased a washer and dryer from ABC. We were not pleased with the sales pressure of the extended warranty. The salesman would not take no for an answer. We left the store and only returned due to the $400 difference in price. Upon delivery, we received an electric dryer not gas and did not receive a stacking kit with out "stackable" unit. We told the salesman that we needed a propane dryer, at no time did he mention we would not receive a propane dryer or at least the conversation kit. This was an additional $60.00 and ABC does not sell them. Part needed to be ordered from our appliance repair man and installed by taking the drum out of dryer. No small job and the original $400 savings has dwindled down to much less. The salesman wanted us to work on his time frame to remedy the WRONG dryer being delivered. Very dissapointed in customer service and satisfaction. We will pay extra (maybe, maybe not) next time and save on the stress.

K
7:45 am

ABC Warehouse - very slow to respond

ABC Warehouse was very slow to respond to me in reference to a repair/replacement on my Washer. I purchased a warranty and when it came time for me to have to use my warranty ABC Warehouse handle the entire situation poorly. My Washer was down from 3/24 and they just replaced it 5/5 after two repair calls, waiting for parts, leaving the old machine full of water, hanging up on me when I phone to get up-dates on my washer, rude managers at the store and service department, failure to response to my complaint on their website even thought it states that someone will response within 24 hours, failure to return my phone calls. It was not until I put in two calls to the problem solvers TV-2 that I begin to get results. ABC also would not discount or waive the charges on the new washer after everything that I had went through. ABC Warehouse cares more about the bottomline than their customers and they do not willing stand behind their products... the customer has to work to make them stand behind their product. No customer should have to go through this when they purchase a product and a service contract.

C
12:11 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a 50" Hitachi TV 11-22-05 along with a 5 year extended warranty. It quit working Feb. 2008. It's been in the shop twice & returned twice, without being fixed. After a year of phone calls, it's getting picked up a third time. It hasn't powered-up in over 18 months, and ABC insists they can continue providing service calls for as long as they...

B
5:34 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a Panasonic 50 inch flat screen tv from the Store in Saginaw, Mi. I told the salesmen that I would not be setting up the tv right away. He told me it was ok that if anything was wrong with it, I had a year to return it. The other day, I decided to get the tv out of the box, I opened the box and to my dismay, the screen was broken. I took the tv...

5:54 am

ABC Warehouse - terrible experience

I purchased a new refrigerator on March 2nd. It was delivered on March 3rd. I turned it on and went purchase food. I spent a $100.00 and put it in the unit. The next morning the unit was not cooling anything.

I called the salesperson, he was at lunch, left a message. Called again about 3 hours later, he was with a customer, left a message. Called again first thing this morning. He said he never got the messages. I explained the refrigerator I purchased on Monday did not work. Now it has been 2 days and $100.00 worth of spoiled food and I need a new unit today. Can't do it. Can't deliver until Friday. What about the spoiled food? Nothing I can do. The manufacturer won't do anything about it either.

The Manager calls back and says the best we can do is deliver it on Friday. I have to work. I can't wait all day for delivery people to show up between 7 and 3. What about the food? Nothing I can do. Great.

I have had it with terrible customer service. from the grocery store to high ticket items. These stores act like they are doing us a favor. I worked in retail management for 15 years and if my sales team or I treated people like this, we would have been let go. No accountability = poor performance and no effort. Wake up people. We used to be country that prided ourselves on quality, now, I get nothing or it's not my fault.

No more! I refuse to shop where they treat like dirt. It's not only the bad service and the $100.00 worth of food, it's my time. Which I and the company I work consider valuable. Enough!

Mar 10, 2009 6:27 am

I have had it with terrible customer service. from the grocery store to high ticket items. These stores act like they are doing us a favor. I worked in retail management for 15 years and if my sales team or I treated people like this, we would have been let go. No accountability = poor performance and no effort. Wake up people. We used to be country that pridede ourselves on quality, now, I get nothing or it's not my fault.

12:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I wanted to see if I qualified for their 3 month no interest so I called the store, I don't drive and this was explained to them. They refused to talk to me, said I needed to come in. After getting a ride they didn't even have the tv I wanted, and was in their ad. What a waste!!! They wouldn't run a credit report till I bought something. Don't shop there

V
12:12 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We received one damaged dish washer and a nonworking refridgerator. Both appliances they refused to replace only that they would repair. The repairs have held up the remodeling on our kitchen. The service has been terrible and they treated me like a complete nothing only responding somewhat favorably to my husband. I will never shop there again or recommend them to ANYONE.

V
5:30 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They have a big sign in their store that says they'll beat any price. That's a lie and false advertising. I found the same garman 260W gps for a much lower price. When I went into the ABC Warehouse, and showed them the add with the lower price. They wouldn't beat it. I found a lower price on-line. They told me they don't match ads that are found on-line...

12:00 am

ABC Warehouse - Another manufacturer defect?

ABC APPLIANCE in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

We purchased a TV from ABC in 2002. We have a repairman out at least three times in those years to repair what he said was a defect in the lamps. ABC says it is a warranty problem, which expired in June of this year, although, the repairman said that it wasn't a warranty problem, but as previously stated, a manufacturers defect. Red and Blue lines are appearing across the screen due to a defect in the lamps. ABC doesn't want to deal with it and apparently SONY doesn't want to either. They gave us the customer service number but conveniently said that no one would answer the phone due to their system being updated. Another manufacturer defect?

S
Nov 24, 2019 9:22 pm

On November 16 I had a washer and dryer delivered they broke my laundry sink pipe while hooking up the washing machine and I called the store to always be told I will get a call back but nothing and they also left all the trash behind

View 0 more photos