Aamcothe truth about free engine check light on

V Review updated:

Hi Everyone,
We are really pissed off with AAMCO. Our car (98 Honda Civic) had a Engine Check Light On, so my husband called AAMCO and asked about Free Engine Check service (as we saw the add on the TV) KEN (the guy at Lake Forest, CA location) said bring your car on Monday at 8:30am and we'll check it. My husband took the car on Monday and KEN said it will take about 4 hours to get the free estimate, so my husband called me to pick him up and drop him off at work. Then after 4&1/2hours we went back to AAMCO to get our estimate. KEN said I know the problem & your info is saved in the system and i have the CODE, but it will cost you $85 to know what is really wrong with the car. We were really upset because KEN didn't tell us that it will take over 4hours, he said nothing about the coupon or anything about the free service requirements. KEN wasted our whole day. We are really unhappy about the service & we won't recommend it to anybody.

• Qu
    "RYNO" Mar 02, 2010

In the future just go to autoZone or Kragen they will do the code as you stand there and give you the results in a manner of seconds...

• Aa
    aamconomore Mar 03, 2010

AAMCO is a joke.

• Ba
    Bam_Chick Apr 15, 2010

the guys who work on the cars dont know crap about cars.. I know more then the ### who helped us out. JOKE IS RIGHT

• Ba
    Bam_Chick Apr 15, 2010

they also did an OBD2 reader on the car to tell us that is was a cylinder four misfire.. BASICALLY A TUNE UP NEEDED but no they blew a freakin valve!

• Co
    common sense 71 Mar 19, 2013

i love ###s that complaine they didnt get enough for free. kill yourself douche bag. please do us all a favor

• Je
    jeffhardy Apr 06, 2014

waaaa i want more for free... yeah and that car that dealers advertise for 99 bucks is always 99 bucks. welcome to retail sales your ###ing f stick...

• Ju
    JULIA Bortle Sep 27, 2018

Wow, quite amazing those who comment on here, calling the ripped off customer names, but they can't even spell. Must be AAMCO employees.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices