Aamcoattempted scam

Was having problems with my 2008 Chrysler 300C (transmission slippage). Took to AAMCO in Waretown. Technician took it for test drive - came back and stated I had some "serious" transmission problems and quoted a price of $895 JUST TO DISASSEMBLE the transmission to find out what the "problems" were. He even did a "computer" check (??) which told him there was a "serious" problem.

Took vehicle to dealer (since I felt it may be covered under warranty - although it was a "used" vehicle purchased within one year and with only 9K miles at time of purchase - vehicle had 51K miles at time of transmission "problem". RESULTS: It cost a total of $150 to replace a seal that had become loose - causing trasnmission fluid to leak.

THIS COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE been easily diagnosed by AAMCO as a "reputable" transmission specialist.

• Er
    erin Jun 16, 2009

thanks- I was going to take my car there. The guy seem so nice on the phone too. I am taking it to cottman instead.