AAA Mid-AtlanticLack of Service/Understanding

A

Have been a member of AAA for years and even signed on for their Plus service. Had an accident on 5 Nov 11, luckily no one was seriously injured and we had family in the same town, between hospital, insurance details and lawyer...we did not need a rental car to return to VA until 10 Nov 11. Stopped at the Hamilton AAA office and were told to go to our home office when we returned and they would give me the necessary form to fill out. So on 11 Nov 11, husband and I went to the Lansdowne office where we did receive the form. Reading the form it says you have 72 hours from the accident to get a rental car, hotel, meals etc but "Application must be received within 60 days of the accident or no reimbursement will be made"... notice you have 60 days to turn in the application. I completed all information required and then called AAA Mid-Atlantic only to be told that "it is clear cut you only have 72 hours to get a rental" They do not understand that I was not trying to rip them off just get reimbursed for our rental vehicle from Ohio to Virginia. First person I talked to was polite as she was being recorded and made sure I knew the conversation was being recorded. The second one was the rude one (Lindsey), obviously not being recorded . I have terminated my AAA account and will never recommend them. OH you have to get a rental car or stay in a hotel within 72 hours..hmmm I had a place to stay and a ride so why charge for all that until I needed the rental car (doesn't pay to do the right thing, well not with AAA Mid-Atlantic anyhow). After Lindsey made her comment of it "being clear-cut" I asked if she would do me a favor..she sighed and asked what...I said just cancel my AAA plus and hung up. I did call back to member services to ensure my account was canceled ...spoke with Denise who was most understanding and helpful. She ensured my account is closed. I asked when I could expect my refund and she said in 7 to 10 days. Amazing you have to get your rental car, hotel, meals within 72 hours of an accident BUT they can hold onto your refund for 7 to 10 days. Just amazing..

More AAA Mid-Atlantic Complaints & Reviews

• St
    Stopthebs Nov 16, 2011

AAA is basically one big scam. All their services are overpriced. With the Internet you can always beat any triple a discounts. It's easier to get your car towed paying cash than to wait for one of their towing contractors.