8X8Unethical business practices

M

Packet 8 provided the freedom annual plan for $199 and did automatically renew the subscription a year later with an increase in price to $240 - upon calling up packet 8, this renewal meant we cannot cancel the plan or get any refunds, the call quality has been very bad, I work from home a lot of days and it is almost unusable to make work calls, I have to switch over the using my mobile, wasting my minutes. This is one of the most unethical businesses and their practices (auto renewal of subscription plans, no refunds, not offering paper bills) are very questionable.

• Ps
    psinghal Sep 29, 2009

Completely agree. I wanted to cancel this plan myself and came to know that there is no pro-rated refund. I believed that was the case when I signed this plan. in addition
    the fee increase of from 199 to 240 was complete surprise to me.. [ I know I should have known better and should have kept with all zillions of mails ]
    In my case I want to go to another carrier [ or multiple carriers ] which are providing superior plans which allows unlimited calling to more countries [ e.g. India ]
    in same price. I have recommended 8x8 in past to my friends and even now if they match the competitors plans, I don't mind staying with 8x8 but with the tactics
    they are playing right now once my contract is over I'm not coming back to 8x8 even if they provide better plan than anybody .. They will be loosing many customers for good.