24 Hour Fitnessrude managment

J

I tried to bring my 10 months old baby to the 24 hour fitness kids room in Silverado Ranch. It was a disaster. Not only were the attendants stressed out and unwelcoming, I was not able to get my baby in because they stated they had a max of 3 babies in the room at the time. I walked in to a chant of "no more babies" "no more babies". Ok, only 3 babies ever no matter the number of attendants seemed strange with such a large room. Additionally, how would I ever be able to work out unless I just happened to get lucky enough they didn't have 3 already when I showed up. When dealing with a baby it would be hard to get her all ready to go each day and just hope to have a chance to work out. I asked for a manager for clarification and I ended up speaking with the Service Manager. She couldn't answer my policy questions instead asked if I wanted to hear them again from the kids room staff. This is where it really went down hill. The service manager clearly had no empathy for my situation. She offered no apologies or solutions and simply restated the policy of 3 babies. I'm still confused if it's 3 babies because of shortage of attendants or 3 babies at any time in the room no matter the number of attendants. It doesn't matter now, when I asked how to cancel thinking I might have to, she quickly told me she would cancel me right there and asked me to punch in my code. She appeared proud to have the ability to get me out of the gym for good. I hadn't planned on canceling right then but she was on a roll so I wasn't going to stop her. She smirked at me as she handed me my cancellation receipt. What started out as a day I felt so good I was going to get back into the gym after the baby, turned into a terrible experience where I left not only without a workout but without a membership. It may not seem like the worst experience, but to a tired mommy who just got the chance to finally get back into a workout it was disheartening. I joined another gym and had a better experience, I would hate to discourage other moms from giving the gym a try. Just don't go to the 24 Hour Fitness on Maryland in Silverado Ranch.

• Mi
    minski81 Apr 07, 2011

Andrea, it is not just the one where you live it is also out here in san diego, ca. They say that when they have a baby it counts as 2 kids. So therefore with 3 babies that really makes it 6 kids i kids club instead of 3. Then they add the other children in. Its better not going there anyway because in my experience 24hour fitness just seems to hire anyone in the kids club. My son is 6 and because he was being sent on timeout continuously for running or climbing he would cry and he ran out of the gym to come and get me. He is now no longer allowed to go to this gym. This is the closest one to me and now I would have to upgrade my membership so that way I can take him to another gym. Which I am not going to do. I cant afford it.

• 24
    24amckinlay Mar 24, 2011

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience at our local club. Certainly this is not the way we want our members to be treated. I understand you have already canceled your membership but I would still like the opportunity to speak with you further about this. At the very least I want to ensure another member does not have the same experience. I will send you my direct contact information right away.

-Andrea M.