Zynex MedicalFraudulent billing for a zynex nexwave

L Jul 29, 2021

My husband tried the Zynex NexWave tens unit for nerve pain that resulted from a back injury / failed back surgery. It didn't help him and actually caused him more pain. Some products work great for some and sadly, not for others.

My complaint is this company's billing practices. My husband has a Care Guard Annuity Acct which manages his settlement. Providers bill his Care Guard and they in turn pay the bill. My husband was billed $363.00 or so every month.

When I called Zynex to advise that the device wasn't for him, how to go about stopping bills to Care Guard and returning device for someone else to use, I was told that it would be paid off in 2 months, so I might as well not return it. I said ok, bill the remaining 2 payments to pay off and I'll donate the device.

Trusting that the matter was settled, unbeknownst to me, Zynex continued to bill Care Guard... to the tune of $14, 000 before we realized it ... this $2, 300 device (price that was listed per their website at), my husband was billed $14, 000... I could also buy this unit from Ebay (used) for $155.

Care Guard has reached out to Zynex for return of the funds that they overbilled. We have no issue with payment for the device, the leads, the pads, batteries etc that they send you in abundance every month even though you didn't request or need ... but the continued billing for the add'l $14, 000 needs to be refunded to my husbands acct.

According to our representative for my husband's Care Guard acct, Zynex has neither responded to the request nor returned the funds. And this has gone on for over 6 months trying to get a refund.

I am not the only one that this has happened where Zynex continues to bill

My next stop is the state Atty General's office.