Menu

Y
Author of the complaint
11:55 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a leaf blower at the east Windsor Canadian Tire store some years ago. I just got it out of the shed to use around the yard and the zipper on the bag literally fell apart. I tried to repair it but couldn't get the zipper tab back onto the zip. I went to the store to get a new bag and they tell me that it was discontinued and they can't get me one. Why buy a product if you cant fix it when it breaks. What do you expect me to do? Must I buy a new leaf blower just because the bag is now useless..The blower itself is perfect...Now what?

More Yard Works complaints & reviews

26 comments
S
Nov 24, 2017 1:58 pm EST

I bought a leaf blower in a Laval Canadian Tire store a few years ago (5, 6 years and probably more than that) and the bag fell apart.
I called, left a message in the voice mailbox and someone called back yesterday.
24 hours later I had the bag delivered to my door for 28$ all included. Quite happy with this transaction which took less time than leaving this comment.

F
Oct 28, 2017 3:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

What's the use of going to CanadianTire for service when they have no replacement parts for any of the YardWorks products? Customer Service is nonexistent at the best of times and personnel is usually very poorly trained on the products they sell. I learned my lesson early on and after I had a disastrous experience with product service, I stay away from their stores and use Home Hardware instead. As far as the Yardworks brand is concerned, I found out that they have no idea of what the word service entails! I am trying to get a replacement bag for my Yardworks 12 A leaf blower/vacuum but to no avail. Canadian Tire staff tells you to get back to the company and they tell you in turn to go to Canadian Tire for service and parts. Go figure! Needless to say that I'll never will look at Yardworks products again! The overwhelming amount of complaints warrants involvement of CBC's Market Place!
Fred9611
Waterloo

H
Nov 21, 2016 3:25 pm EST

I bought a [protected] model blower/vac and the bag shredded in no time. I cleaned up my leaves by putting a potatoe sack over it which was a lot of hassle - pinning and unpinning with each bag. I looked at the info on this website and called the # and was surprised to be able to order a replacement for $17.99 shipped to my address. Unfortunately, even though I gave the model #, they sent the wrong bag! Then when I called they said that was a frequent occurance and gave me a phone # that wasn't a 1 800 and told me that was the supplier and I had to deal with them. The packing slip had no usable info for a reference #
Aside from this problem, the connector where the blower tube attaches is plastic and broke after only a few uses. It has to be attached properly or the motor doesn't run. I wedged a stone in it and now it runs but is unsafe because it doesn't shut off if that disconnects.I strongly advise against purchasing this or any Yardworks tools - it just built to cheap and the product support is terrible

P
May 14, 2016 1:44 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My turn to gripe.. I'm 71 and everyday I get more and more upset with the junk that these CEOs insist on getting made in China and foisting on consumers to make their bottom line look good. Doesn't anybody care about the consumer anymore? I just bought a Yardworks hose cart, on four wheels, and assembled it; when you turn the drum one side ring looks like a drunken sailor staggering down the lane because it was not welded true. Oh it's going back but not before I send a video of this wonderfully made piece of equipment to Canadian Tire's boss man. I'm curious to know just how proud this person is of this junk that they sell Canadians. Cheers all Paul

P
Apr 13, 2016 11:03 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

hello everyone..not sure if this reply is good or not but my yardworks bag fell apart also
called yardworks at [protected] and the guy gave me a website www.ordertree.com and under parts enter [protected] for a new bag
shipping and tax was just under $30 CDN

L
Dec 16, 2015 12:08 pm EST

I too bought a Yardworks leaf blower and the bag failed in the first year. Luckily I kept the bag from a previous Toro blower which is ten years old and still in great shape. The plastic deflector valve broke off at the shaft to the control knob on my [protected] model blower/vac . Still waiting from Dec 8th for an answer from the company. Sounds like one should stick to names like Toro with a good reputation.

J
Oct 17, 2015 6:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The fabric on the bag on ours also broke down. There's holes all through it. I wish it was the zipper at least it can be repaired with Velcro 😔

E
Sep 26, 2015 5:00 am EDT

My zipper broke as well. Had hardly used this brand new machine I purchased a while back. I tried 2 way tape which obviously didn't work well. I'll give the Velcro idea a try, or I'll have to try and sew a better zipper into the bag. At least this way, the manufacturer won't be getting more cash in after market sales on this product. We're supposed to have consumer protection laws preventing shoddy products from making it to the marketplace to begin with. Why are they not being enforced? Canadian Tire should step up to the plate and make this right. They should be the ones going after this lousy manufacturer. After all, it's their reputation that's on the line as well. Don't give me a 1-800 number to call. You're the one that's representing this product by having it available in your stores! Either replace the unit for free & go after the manufacturer for misrepresenting you to the consumer, or pay to replace/repair the product yourself. Anything else is just poor customer relations and just plain bad business!

D
Sep 22, 2015 11:46 am EDT

I bought a leaf blower from Canadian tire last October . I used it 3 times and the third time it gave out. I went and got it replaced and the newest one I have has given out as well . Only used it twice . Why do you people keep selling this garbage

W
Dec 03, 2014 12:52 pm EST

I just phoned [protected] (Sunrise Global) and ordered a new zippered bag for my [protected], 12A blower/vacuum...delivered to the door shipping and tax in at $31.64...p.s...never had a problem with the zipper only normal wear and tear on the material which is expected.

O
Nov 19, 2014 6:23 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have a Yardworks electric lawn vac [protected] that looks like a lawnmower. This is the second autumn I am using it. The opening got clogged so I stopped the motor to unclog it. Turned it back on and walla, it is now a leaf blower! It will not vacuum up leaves any longer, just blows them. This is not blower/vac. It is just a vac but now it only blows. There is no switch anywhere to reset it either. Anyone else have this problem?

G
Nov 05, 2014 1:11 pm EST

I also have a Yards Work blower / vac - had it for about 5 yrs. After the first 2 yrs the fabric on the bag started to break down and I had holes in the bag. Odd that I have not had an issue with my zipper, just the fabric. I managed to get a replacement bag in the store at that time. Now I have the same problem. I have holes on both sides of my bag. I've been using duck tape to patch it for the past few years, but the holes are getting too large. I've been trying to buy replacements for some time but can not find them in the stores. I called [protected] today and spoke to Sunrise Marketing. I have two new bags being shipped to my home in a week. Whoohoo!

L
Oct 26, 2014 12:13 pm EDT

We had one Yardworks blower/mulcher that the zipper broke on. We phoned got a replacement bag after a number of phone calls, but when it got here it didn't fit our blower. Since it would have cost as much to ship it back we now have a bag that we can't use. We bought a new Yardworks blower/mulcher and now after about 2 years, the zipper has gone on this one. I want to thank Brax29 for the velcro idea. That will be the route we take this time. The other ways seems to be a waste of money and time. I agree that companies that make products should have to have replacement parts available for a longer period than the warranty.

C
Oct 19, 2014 7:55 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same problem i bought a yardwork a few years back the zipper on mine went also they should have replacement bags for them or better yet those bags should be lasting longer than just a couple of years.

C
Oct 19, 2014 7:50 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same problem, my leaf blower still works good but the zipper on mine busted also cant find a replacement, i agree they should have to have replacement bags for them those bags should last more than a couple of years, for the price you pay for those machine, they need to make better bags

B
Apr 29, 2014 1:40 pm EDT

Bought the yard works leaf blower / vac two years ago and zipper is now ruined. I shall not dwell on the lack of I.Q. displayed by using a zipper to seal the leaf bag. It would be equally foolish to order a replacement and relive this scenario one or two years hence. So, I purchased some stick-on velcro, and armed with my trusty glue-gun, I now have a working leaf bag for a cost of $10.
I promise never to buy another yard works product ever again.

N
Apr 14, 2014 3:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We phoned [protected] . 23$ and will be delivered to our home in canada in one week.

T
Oct 27, 2012 9:00 pm EDT

Unluckily I too need a replacement bag. the zipper was no match when you drive your car over it. I brought mine about 4 yrs ago. Love the product but I'm hunting all over for the replacement bag. If I don't find one soon I'll come up with my own solution and Yardworks will be a product I'll stay away from.

G
Nov 21, 2011 10:21 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have had my leaf blower 1 year, and I have been limping along this year with an ever increasing hole in the side of my bag as well (on the leaf blower). I will call the number and probably buy at least a couple of extra bags so I can get reasonable use out of my machine. Thanks to Mr. Motoboat8 for the number. I just tried now, and they are closed at 5pm. Figures... good luck out there. Gary67

M
Oct 20, 2011 12:45 am EDT

October 2011
I too purchased the yardworks vacuum/blower/bagger and the second time I used mine with the bag attached a pretty good hole blew out the side of the bag. No explanation for it. If a BRAND name product sells items that "MAY" require replacement parts they SHOULD be kept in stock as long as the product is being sold through the stores. NO IF'S AND'S OR BUTS... Get your act together ...

J
May 24, 2011 5:01 pm EDT

same thing here, zipper went and the Crappy Tire, doesn't sell the parts, they gave me the [protected], I called today May 24th, 2011 and of course they are on back order! The time of year when you need a leaf vacuum the most! btw long wait to get threw, but not too expensive, $28.82 including taxes and shipping.

V
Apr 25, 2011 11:09 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

There has to be a consumer protection law about this. If you buy an automobile the law states the manufacturer must have replacement parts available for 13 years. I am going to look into this one. Mine fell apart. By not having a replacement bag available lessens the quality, value and reliability of Yardworks products overall.

R
Nov 20, 2010 5:00 pm EST

On another web site I found a number to call for Yardwork parts it is [protected] I have not called them yet but play to.

Mine fell apart too - and they want to sell me a new one or a paper bag attachment. I'm really unhappy with them.

K
Nov 05, 2017 10:03 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I took mine to a local drycleaners and had them install a heavy duty metal zipper and had it back the next day...2yrs ago and still going!

M
Apr 26, 2010 11:52 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The same thing happened to me recently, only it was the seam on the Yardworks leaf blower/vac that went. It really cheeses me off because it is only 4 years old!

I, too asked at my local Canadian Tire store. I have been searching online for replacement parts, but can't find any. It seems that Canadian Tire makes the Yardworks brand and they DO NOT sell replacement parts for any Yardworks products. They want to sell you new stuff!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

49 complaints