WyzantQuestionable termination as a tutor and withholding my information

M May 30, 2020

I worked as a tutor through WyzAnt for many years and many clients, but recently I couldn't log in to my account. I reached out to IT at WyzAnt and, only at that point, they told me that my account was deactivated. They cited the reasoning as a vaguely-written clause in their guidelines. I asked for clarification and they just pointed back to that clause-- nothing else. I figured fine, they take out too much for my liking anyway and I had no problems getting clients, so I wasn't going to fight it; they can release tutors for whatever reason they want. It was sad as I didn't see that I had done anything wrong, but, if they weren't going to explain anything, they obviously didn't want to work with me, so what was I to do anyway?

The bigger issue that I have is that I had earned a number of really nice reviews from clients over the years. I had no reason to think that my account would be deactivated, so I never saved them to a personal file. I could have always accessed them on their portal. Since my account was now deactivated, I now had no access to any of my records there, including my own reviews.

I contacted WyzAnt about that and they told me that my reviews belonged to them, so I could not have them. I still feel that this is wrong. Those are reviews of me and my personal services, not WyzAnt's service. I am only asking for my reviews.