Having problems with WyzAnt?

+1 312 646 6365 (Customer Service)
+1 877 999 2681 (Head Office)
1714 N Damen Ave., Ste 3N
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with WyzAnt.

Complaints & Reviews

Wyzant.com — A complete and utter waste of time

In my very brief experience and in my opinion, it was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I signed up for Wyzant seeking a...

Wyzant — deactivated my account

wyzAnt, for no reason deactivated my account, of course when I called I was told it would take up to 48 hour...

Wyzant.comThey have one of the worst business models

They have one of the worst business models! The small service that they offer (connecting students with tutors) is not worth the 40% that they take for each time that the student and tutor meets. They create such an awkward business environment when students don't have the payment method on file. They should be the ones forcing students to input payment info rather tutors. I hope this company fails and people stop using it...

• Li
      LibraLogic Aug 27, 2012

Agree, they are ripping off the tutors. 40% is way too high, and they try to justify it by saying that the tutors get all these perks, and free business cards. Big Deal, not worth the 40% of the fee that I earned from my knowledge and service I provided. My recommendation is to use them to connect you to students, and then pitch your own side deal with the student after you meet them with a more reasonable rate that works for the both of you. And just to clarify, I’m not saying Wyzant shouldn’t get paid for connecting tutor and student, but 40%...? Not justified.

• 20
      2010shawn Sep 04, 2012

Hi Bilibere, I read your review about Wyzant. I had the same problem with them and a local tutoring company as well. That's why I created my own tutoring website, TextbookTactics.com. We do not charge a commission to host tutor profiles, we charge a low monthly rate of $19.99 and you can receive up to three months free when you sign up. We provide a lot of free, helpful videos to students which provides our tutors with a large client base that can find their profile.
      Best,
      Shawn

• Je
      jeff.math.tutor Dec 22, 2015

Forty percent is too high, and I have other minor issues with them, but they are a lead generation machine. I get far more contacts from them than any other source (except word-of-mouth). Note that their take decreases as you get more experience, and if you make a side deal, as someone proposed, you will get banned from WyzAnt.

The comment that they make the tutors enter payment information is just plain wrong. The students enter the payment information. WyzAnt is just trying to protect their business by not letting you send contact information until the students have done so.

Yes, WA takes a big cut, but they generate leads. It's a trade-off (like everything else).

Wyzant.com — They deactivated my account... won't tell me why

They deactivated my account... won't tell me why. I stored my pw and mentioned a recent compromise to my...

Wyzant.com — Stay away from these rip off site

I signed up for this website hoping to make some extra money. I am a full time college student, studying to...

Wyzant.com — Would not recommend to anyone

Abysmal customer service. They treat tutors very poorly and charge a starting fee that is 40% of the total...

Wyzant.com — They are a horrible company and I urge any who wish to tutor not to bother with these scam artists

I signed up as a tutor with WyzAnt. They are a horrible company and I urge any who wish to tutor not to...