Menu

WorldRemit  -  Your whole organisation, from top to bottom

R
Author of the complaint
10:28 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yesterday I tried to send some money to myself because I'm traveling for a period of time. I gave you every detail required, correctly, you took my money, then I waited for you to send me the code. You offer a 3 minute service here to Cambodia. I waited much longer than three minutes because I'm not an unreasonable man, but then I got concerned that I had received no code, so I contacted your customer through the online chat thing you have. I spoke with a girl, I think her name was Erica, and I explained the situation. She told me something about an error with the computer system you guys use to transfer money to Cambodia. I believed her, because that's not out with the reams of possiblity. She assured me she'd try to get it fixed today, so I waited to hear back from you. I heard nothing. I wasn't sure what time your chat service closed at, so I didn't contact you again, I just waited for some feedback or a code to my mobile phone or my email address.

Flash forward 24 hours, 12 of which I spent sleeping rough on the streets of Phnom Penh, because I had no money, because you didn't send me the code as you'd promised. My phone died and I had no internet access. I slept on a street in Cambodia. I don't know if you have any idea how petrifying an experience that was, but it was harrowing.

I then manshed to find one of the few places that was opened today due to it being a public holiday here - Khmer New Year. Everywhere shuts. So I found this bar, asked if I could use their WiFi, and their electricity to charge my phone for free, and because they were decent people, they allowed this.

I then contacted your customer service department again today on the same chat service as yesterday to be given a different excuse as to why you failed to provide me with a code to collect the money I had sent to myself. This time I was told that I'd provided an incorrect phone number, which is untrue, so that proves one of your customer service agents was lying to me.

I asked him why you couldn't have sent the code to my email address instead of the phone number, but was given no sufficient answer to this question. I asked him many questions of that nature, all of which he ignored in a similar manner to the first question. He simply repeated the pre prepared phrases you guys teach thesr types of people to use. Anyway, he asked me for me phone number, I gave him the same phone number I gave him yesterday, and he was able to send me a code by email and by phone number.

The problems here are plentiful. The fact that I wasn't contacted by anyone to ask for the correct phone number, the fact I was lied to by both your customer service agents, the fact that you took my money and didn't provide the service you offered me, which is theft, in other words. If I go into a restaurant and order some food, pay for it, but they don't actually give it to me, that is theft. What your company did to me is analogous to that. He was able to provide me with a code by email this afternoon, so why couldn't he do the same yesterday? It's not even in the realms of being a reasonable excuse, and neither is the lie about a computer error.

The customer service agent today provided me with a transcript of the chat I had today, I asked him to.sebd me the one from yesterday, and I also received a phone call from someone at Wing, the local agent you use in Cambodia to hand out the money you steal from customers and don't provide the service you offer who told me that no branch of Wing in the country would be open today. I already knew that, because it's a national holiday here, pretty much like Christmas in the west.

I know if I brought this to a solicitor in the UK, I would win. If I brought it to the FCA, I would be awarded a considerable sum of money. Let's cut out the middle man and you make me a considerable offer to settle this thing immediately. Yout behaviour is blatantly egregious, so I will win a considerable sum of money. I'm not a greedy man, however, and would be willing to settle for a 5 figure sum for what I've suffered as a result of your actions. You stole money from me and made no attempt to rectify the situation. That is theft.

More WorldRemit complaints & reviews

WorldRemit - don't use their services
WorldRemit - stole my money
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
WorldRemit - unauthorized use of debit card
WorldRemit - fraud