Menu

L
Author of the complaint
10:52 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good Evening,

I am a South African Citizen (Pensioner).

The WorldREmity Company whom assist with Money Transfers has been promising me since the 7th December to refund my Monies which was to be transferred to a Family Member wthin the UK.

The latter Organization (World Remit) kept on sending various e-mails concerning their services which I was not interested in but to get my REFUND ASAP.

More details Quote:

Case Number [protected]. Re: Urgent Action Required - Your WorldRemit Transaction [protected]
Inbox

Transaction Help
Tue, Dec 7, 6:07 PM (8 days ago)
to me

WorldRemit case number [protected]

Your case number: [protected]

Hi Lionel,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us.

We have received a cancellation request for your recent transfer. We have successfully process the cancellaton and refund is already in progress.

We are sorry to hear it from you that it ended up cancelling your transaction.

Please take note that refunds may take up to 7 working days to be credited back to your account depending on your payment method.

Your refund is still with in the time frame. Rest assured it will be credited back to the account to where it was taken out.

If in case it will not be credited back to your account kindly please send us your bank statement of the account that the funds were sent from. The bank statement will need to also show the accound number, account holder's name and funds for the transaction leaving your account. We need you to send us PDF file / format of your bank statement. Photo copy, screenshoots, live photos or scanned copies are not accepted. Once received, we will confirm and process your refund.

Don't worry as we are a regulated money remittance company we do not store bank account information.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to future transactions with you.

We assure you notification will sent be out for the updates of your refund.

We hope that this mail help and answers your concern.

Should you need further assistance, please don´t hesitate to visit our Frequently Asked Questions here.

Thanks a lot for being the best part of WorldRemit family!

Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

Best Regards,

Jeff

WorldRemit Customer Service

Need to check the status of your transaction?
Just log in to your account and go to My Transactions, then select the transaction you want to check to see the transfer status.

This message was sent to [protected]@gmail.com from WorldRemit South Africa (Pty) Ltd, 35 Fricker Road, Ilovo, Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, 2196, SA. Reg. No 2015/240562/07.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Any unauthorised dissemination of this message is not permitted.

Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

--------------- Original Message ---------------
From: Lionel Wolmarans [[protected]@gmail.com]
Sent: 12/7/2021 1:56 PM
To: [protected]@worldremit.com
Subject: Re: Case [protected] - Cancellation Request in Progress for Transfer [protected]

HI

Listen you are know peeing me off.

I am a Pensioner and now I have to stand in a bank que.

You are ridiculous.

My private bank info has nothing but nothing to do with your organization.

Pay my frickin money back where you received it from or face Legal consequences.

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 3:11 AM Transaction Help wrote:

WorldRemit case number [protected]

Your case number: [protected]

Hi Lionel,

You've asked us to cancel your transfer. We need to process this request and let you know if it's possible at this stage.

Let me assure your that I have already marked the transaction for cancellation.

What happens when you request a cancellation?

We check where the money is. If we haven't received any money from you, or we still have your money, we'll be able to cancel the transfer. If we've already given the money to our local partner, we might not be able to cancel the transfer.
We cancel the transfer - if we can. Or we tell you that it's not possible to cancel. We'll usually tell you this within 24 hours.
We process your refund. If we've received your money, we will send it back to you. Sometimes, if you've made a manual bank payment to us, we may ask you to send in a bank statement, so please keep an eye on your email inbox. Refunds can take up to 7 working days to arrive in your account. You can track progress in our app or on the website.
Transfer details

WorldRemit Transfer number: [protected]

You sent: R1, 955

Roche SMIT gets: £89.99

Using Bank Account via Worldpay United Kingdom

What if I need additional help for this transfer?

There are answers to frequently asked questions on our "Help" page. Some of them can be directly accessed below:

Why can't I cancel a transfer?
How long do refunds take?
How do I refer a friend?
If you are unable to locate the refund, please provide us with a bank statement to confirm the non-receipt of funds and your bank's email or fax number so we can send them a confirmation of the refund.

For further questions you may visit our FAQs.

Thank you for choosing WorldRemit. You have a great day!

Kind regards,

Maria Carmela

WorldRemit Customer Service

Need urgent help?
If you need us urgently, we're here 24/7. Just visit our FAQs

ref:_00Dj01rzdh._5003Z1LZJcy:ref

Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

EXTERNAL EMAIL: If you find this email suspicious please use the Cofense Reporter button
on the side panel
or Forward this email to [protected]@worldremit.com

Lionel Wolmarans
Tue, Dec 7, 6:47 PM (8 days ago)
I need you to take note of the seriousness of this case as I have forwarded information to Scotland Yard as I will also open a case at Interpol.

Lionel Wolmarans
Tue, Dec 7, 6:49 PM (8 days ago)
There is no such thing as in case it is not refunded. You are messing with the wrong person.

Lionel Wolmarans
Tue, Dec 14, 8:50 AM (1 day ago)
to Transaction, me

Morming,

Please confirm that the refund will be conducted today.

Your confirmation would be appreciated.

+27 [protected]

Unquote:

Up to date no funds has been refunded to me.

They commenced asking me very personal questions about my ID and Bank account.

I provided them online with their Mobile secure App with a copy of my ID and requested WorldRemit to refund me within the same account I made the funds available of 89 BPound. (GBP)

More WorldRemit complaints & reviews

WorldRemit - don't use their services
WorldRemit - stole my money
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
WorldRemit - unauthorized use of debit card
WorldRemit - fraud