Menu
Home Cryptocurrency World Financial Group [WFG] employment/fraud
A
Author of the complaint
7:35 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was invited to attend an employee assessment and job interview on September 22, 2018. When I arrived, the building was locked and a number of people were sitting in their cars. We waited 15-20 minutes after the scheduled 11.00 am start time for the associate to unlock the door and let us in the building. I spoke to some of the others waiting and they were all given the same story I was, that we were there to take an "assessment" and interview for a position as a financial adviser. We were not given an assessment as we were told, but attended an hour long presentation on why Transamerica/WFG was career worthy. Following the presentation, we were split up and escorted to different offices for our "interviews". I was told that a $100 fee was needed for a background check and to provide several personal and professional references. I grew suspicious of the legitimacy of this interview when the associate I was interviewing with repeatedly interchanged "references" with "leads" and asked me if there was anyone else I knew who could benefit from a financial planning seminar.
As I work in the legal field, I immediately looked up State Law regarding state and federal background checks and the case history for the WFG/Transamerica group class actions. Background checks are capped at $20 and are the responsibility of the prospective employer in the State of New Mexico. I probably could have ignored the class action law suites and the thousands of employee and consumer complaints but Associate Diane Anderson chose to lie about where my money was going and why. As such I would like the full $100 fee refunded and all of my information stricken from WFG records including the "references" I provided.

Tracking number: 1271635
Associate ID/code number: 64DLV.
Purchase Number: 6707258
Order Number: 6117991

Update by aluke012
Sep 25, 2018 10:24 pm EDT

In addition, I received a request to DocuSign an application to apply as an independent contractor to find that my signature was applied to the document for me. This is a blatant display of fraud. I do not and will not give my consent to any of the stipulations outlined in the document.

More World Financial Group [WFG] complaints & reviews