Wish.comfake sd card

M

I purchased a 128GB SD card from a seller on Wish.com called FreeLeo. I received it and used it for a bit, but never had any real issues with it.

I started getting corrupt files, after I wrote more than 8GB on the SD card. I then ran h2testw and other software, which determined any data over 8GB was corrupt.

What does this mean? That the alleged 128GB SD card I purchased was NOT 128GB. It was in fact only 8GB.

I realised this way after 30 days of delivery (because 8GB pictures on a phone usually takes more than 30 days to fill up), but Wish.com refuses to issue me a refund, even though the item I received was FAKE.

I am never buying from FreeLeo again. Nor am I buying from Wish.com ever again, because they are refusing to issue me a refund, and because they allow scammers to sell on their market.

• Cm
    cma45 Aug 25, 2020

Wish is notorious for counterfeit products so dispute the charge ASAP. Unfortunately, fake SD cards are popping up everywhere including eBay and Amazon as mentioned here: https://thetechreviewer.com/tech-tips/fake-sandisk-sd-card-counterfeit/

• Cm
    cma45 Aug 25, 2020

@cma45 Here's a working link (I think) Ihttps://thetechreviewer.com/tech-tips/fake-sandisk-sd-card-counterfeit/