Western Unionmoney transfer cancelled

L

Western Union has confirmed 3 money transfers with MTCN #'s & cancelled all at their convenience. I spent hours on the phone, everyone I spoke with had some type of accent, which matters little since they all said the same repetitive, scripted responses. Supervisors or not, No one would help me resolve the problem. I have sent the same amount to the same person every month this year, I was told it was a Western Union decision. A elderly woman (a relative) in Jamaica has gone hungry, because Western Union decided not to let her receive the money I sent 3 times in the past week. Who is accountable for the choices Western Union makes? I have spent the day looking at ALL the online complaints, especially the denials from unsatisfied customers. W.U. seems to support scams and deny legitimate money transfers. But the one universal fact is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Now I get to wait for the $1, 000.+ to find it's way back to my bank acct. (Plus the bonus of having to be charged for a service I did Not receive!)
I do not have enough words to express my anger, frustration and disappointment with Western Union!

• Su
    Suzie Calkins Dec 01, 2018

I just had the same experience. What gives WU the right to cancel a transaction when paid for with cash. And if they were going to cancel it or felt it was suspicious, why didn't they call me to verify since i have a WU account with all of my info in it. I will never use them again either. Customer Service was no help and i couldn't understand them either. I was told the Supervisor would call me in 5 minutes, , they never called. The person i was sending money to, I have sent several times in the last 8 years, why all of a sudden did this person become a suspect of fraud if thats why they canceled it. Very Very frustrating and very disappointing. What a hassle. Now i have to go tomorrow to a WU when they open and try to get my cash back and then go to Walmart and try sending it from there. WU should have to pay us for our gas, fees and inconvenience when they had no right to cancel the transaction in the first place. I'm done ranting - thanks for listening...haha

Sasha32 Nov 05, 2018

My boyfriend try to send money online with this terrible company and they cancelled it. He's waiting on his refund he didn't bother to call them or anything because he said he will never use them again.

Sasha32 Nov 05, 2018

Did you get your refund back from them? And how long it takes?